Chirag-Satwiksairaj

Moderator: Moderators

rajitghosh
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Chirag-Satwiksairaj

Post by rajitghosh »

sameerph wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:44 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:34 pm Sat-chi are best ever md pair India has ever had
Best ever doubles, not only mens doubles. I don't think we had any top 10 pair even in mens doubles. I think Jwala-Ashwini were top 10 in womens doubles.
Before SatChi Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas were ranked 13th in men's doubles. That was the highest ranking achieved in MD.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

rajitghosh wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:56 am
sameerph wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:44 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:34 pm Sat-chi are best ever md pair India has ever had
Best ever doubles, not only mens doubles. I don't think we had any top 10 pair even in mens doubles. I think Jwala-Ashwini were top 10 in womens doubles.
Before SatChi Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas were ranked 13th in men's doubles. That was the highest ranking achieved in MD.
So, no Indian doubles pair was in top 5 before and Satchi are now #3 which is quite remarkable.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

We don’t fear Chinese, Koreans or Japanese; they might be thinking, ‘Oh sh*t, we are playing Chirag and Satwik’

Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty won the prestigious Indonesian Open last month, and are touted to bring in more medals come the World Championships, Asian Games or the Paris Olympic Games. The World No 3 Indian pairing from Amalapuram and Mumbai have been breaking new ground in a country that’s predominantly known for singles shuttlers, and are great entertainers on court while at it.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... k-8815688/
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

sameerph wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:47 pm So, no Indian doubles pair was in top 5 before and Satchi are now #3 which is quite remarkable.
This should encourage more doubles teams. And, is a good omen for the future. Last time I checked, doubles teams also get a gold in the Olympics, etc. So, we should encourage this path.
suresh

Post by suresh »

(via sportskeeda)

Satwiksairaj Rankireddy breaks the Guinness World Record for the fastest smash in Badminton history!
He beats Tan Boon's (Malaysia) 2013 smash at 493 kmph, with a new record of 565 kmph!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

That is smashing! :-)
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

In the meantime they reach QF of the Korean Open. All other Indians are eliminated. I guess they are our only hope now for medals in world championships/ olympics.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

rajitghosh wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:22 am In the meantime they reach QF of the Korean Open. All other Indians are eliminated. I guess they are our only hope now for medals in world championships/ olympics.
They won :D
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Sat/Chi in finals since 2022
Korea Open 2023 🥇
Indonesia Open 2023 🥇
BAC 2023 🥇
Swiss Open 2023 🥇
French Open 2022🥇
CWG 2022 🥇
India Open 2022 🥇

Credit: @anmolkakkar27 twitter
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

It's 7-0!!!!!!
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

And they are now world #2 in BWF mens doubles rankings. Quite amazing. They are now one of the better medal prospects for us acrorss sports for Paris Olympics.
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Outside of Neeraj they are our best medal prospect. They key is to remain injury free. Before the Olympics we have the World Championship and Asian Games. Hope they win at least one gold.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Unlike in tennis where some singles players may play lights out in doubles and mess things up, the doubles rankings do hold up fairly well in BB at the Olympics (I think). Let us hope for them to get us one.
srini

Post by srini »

jayakris wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:13 am Unlike in tennis where some singles players may play lights out in doubles and mess things up, the doubles rankings do hold up fairly well in BB at the Olympics (I think). Let us hope for them to get us one.
True, from longevity stand point also doubles is more enduring than Singles where most players careers are like a flash in the pan. We have seen what happened for players like Kento Momota, Srikanth etc. Only players like Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei could sustain longer careers in singles and considered as GOAT for that reason. On the other hand Doubles has many pairs like Daddies, Minions who have been playing at highest level for very long times and still getting some title wins. I am hearing the name "Twin Towers" for SatChi. I didn't like the name for obvious reason that those towers crashed, hoping it doesn't happen to our badminton "Twin Towers".
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Indian Express II suits them fine.