World series boxing

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

World series boxing

Post by Sandeep »

Holy crap, the event has actually started and I didn't even know! Poor marketing in India, I was eagerly waiting for this league.

The teams that are participating in the first edition are Group A: Mumbai fighters, Moscow Dynamo, Los Angeles matadors, Bangkok Elephants, Astana Arlans, Dolce and Gabbana Milano thunder.

Group B : Istanbul Bosphorous, Paris United, Mexico City Guerreros, Leipzig leopards, Baku fires and Beijing dragons.

Here is our team of interest Mumbai fighters website http://www.mumbaifighters.com/

It is a round robin league format in the beginning and 4 teams from each group qualify for the quarterfinals which is a knockout format. Semifinals and Finals follow (knockout format)

Mumbai had 5 bouts so far, winning 2 and losing 3. Here are the results http://www.worldseriesboxing.com/result ... eason.aspx

ESPN is telecasting the event live in India.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: World series boxing

Post by jayakris »

Good stuff. I was not aware of it either. Very good to have such things pick up in India. Jay
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: World series boxing

Post by prasen9 »

So this world series of boxing went on until 2018. Our Mumbai Fighters are not even mentioned in the Wikipedia page. Anyone know what happened? There seems to be lots of teams but none from India. Did any of our players play in any of the teams?