Missing bowlers,boldness,action and initiative

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

genius

Missing bowlers,boldness,action and initiative

Post by genius »

I was in Pune on a business visit when i saw the ill fated match at my hotel. Frankly when i saw something like 25/1 in 7 overs i knew we were in great trouble. It was so eerily reminiscent of the losses i have seen. Overcautiousness eventually leading to the big disaster feared.

I have seen such a thing happening in all places many a time.

Thinking "what if" does not pay.Only action and initiative does.

Its important to snatch initiative from the opposition and quell their challenges down the road.

In contrast , Ganguly and co dithered for too long against less than great east bengalis  before a comical attempt to slog failed miserably.

Against SL, too many runs were givn away by the bowlers.but still the lack of boldness and timidity in chasing really makes me wonder whether sportsmen in india will mature at all.

I am afraid this is the not way that pays in any international sport i have seen .

You have to be at your opponent's throat all the time and make him feel life on the field is a misery.That's an important part of the aussie approach.

I am afriad the indian team has shown too much conservatism specially  outside of india/pak to succeeed and its merely case of old habits comign back to bite. Thery fear the pressure back home and have shown bold aggressive cricket only in patches.

Unless our sportsmen learn to embrace the harder competitive ways that sportsmen in other countries have long mastered, this unnecesary occasions will come back to haunt us.