Please put in suggestions and errors for the new site here

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

puneets wrote:Dhruv - What types of stuff should we post in KB ?
I think, and I stress it is I think, stuff like you posted (i.e. Mahesh Bhupathi's record) and wikipedia like entries is fine. I just don't want it to be used like for player pages etc. I'd rather it have records. I'll also move posts that have been been posted about

Career Path for Aspiring Tennis Players, Career Path for Aspiring Drivers Golfers etc etc. A while back the good doctor had posted some stuff about sports medicine. That would go there.

Other important stuff can go there.

I'm not quite sure about the blogs as of yet but multiple uses can be made of them. I've started a topic on that. In the various sports sections I'll start player pages where you guys (and girls) will be able to submit articles/updates/links etc like you can (or should be able to anyway) right now for the regular site.
puneets
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by puneets »

Dhruv - The RSS and ATOM feeds are not working.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

puneets wrote:Dhruv - The RSS and ATOM feeds are not working.
Fixed
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

I thnk when u go to sports India it should go straight to the forums as the main page rather than having to click on "Sports-India Forums" on the left.

I suppose you have it going to the little message you have for now since the site is new?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Dhruv, can I edit news submitted by me? By mistake I submitted Ankita's news twice, one with a typo :tomato: .

And what is the difference between the news submitted by you and me? Your Hingis/Bhupathi appears on front page while mine is not?
mugu
Authors
Authors

Post by mugu »

The blue is soothing and pleasing; it is a terrific colour. News items could be the latest rather than the old, with the old being put in an archive section. The ALL CAPS for headlines is rather strenuous for the eyes. That the Forum 'size' has shrunk is of some concern; the earlier expanse felt good. For something that is new and bright, the headline "Shiv Kapurs..." is jarring. But Dhruv, overall this looks good; it can only get better. All the best.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Ok...What I was planning to do was one for each of our up and comers...But then I stopped after it didnt come out how I had expected...

Arun I dont agree...I think one of the main ideas of the new sports india is that it is MORE than just the forums...
shaili

Post by shaili »

hi dhruv.

the site looks great! i am a bit busy these days, but will take time out to 'check out' all the old and new features.

and of course i will check all the titles!!!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Dhruv, when I click on "View more Emoticons" , instead of displaying emoticons a new "post reply" window is opening.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

mugu wrote:The blue is soothing and pleasing; it is a terrific colour. News items could be the latest rather than the old, with the old being put in an archive section.
The news items are supposed to be the latest :-). The old one will go into an archive after about a couple of weeks. The Shiv Kapur article was there because it is a relic from our testwork a while back. As we go forward the news items will be more up to date.

News articles can be submitted by the users as well although we (the mod team and myself) need to approve those.
mugu wrote:The ALL CAPS for headlines is rather strenuous for the eyes.
All Caps changed to normal case. Hope that is better. If font of too large let me know.

mugu wrote:Forum size....
Yeah I wasn't sure of that and can set it up so that the forum opens in a new window of its own. That was how it was set up initially but then I changed it to the way it is now. Don't know which is better?
Last edited by Dhruv on Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

amr090 wrote:I thnk when u go to sports India it should go straight to the forums as the main page rather than having to click on "Sports-India Forums" on the left.

I suppose you have it going to the little message you have for now since the site is new?
What little message. I think your browser might be caching.

As for the destination, I intended the site to arrive on the main page. Whether the forums open in a new page (as it was intially for about 6-8 hours) or with the left hand menu is a matter of discussion.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

nothingnew wrote:Dhruv, when I click on "View more Emoticons" , instead of displaying emoticons a new "post reply" window is opening.
Hmm, not for me. Could you check again please.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

nothingnew wrote:Dhruv, can I edit news submitted by me? By mistake I submitted Ankita's news twice, one with a typo :tomato: .

And what is the difference between the news submitted by you and me? Your Hingis/Bhupathi appears on front page while mine is not?
Yes you should be able to since you are a moderator. When the mods submit news you should see (right at the bottom of the page) options to publish or not and whether or not to put it on the front page. I thought you guys had tried it out on the beta testing site :devil:
suresh

Post by suresh »

Dhruv, My first impression is that I like the look of the site. The "shrinking" of the
width of the forum is not great but I can get used to that. In any case, I prefer that
to a new browser window. Great job.
Sravanthi

Post by Sravanthi »

The links to the chess section and cricket section are showing wrong sub headings.

And may be you can show a latest news item in each category and then give the link to other news of that category.