Please put in suggestions and errors for the new site here

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

nothingnew wrote:Dhruv, earlier at the top of a post it used to show when the message was posted. If it is today it used to show "Today" in bold letters. It was easier to go through all the messages posted today.

But in the current setting it shows something like
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:28 am Post subject:
No "Today" in it. If possible can you change it so that it is easier to go to the forst post of the day in the old pattern.
Done...
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

puneets wrote:Dhruv - I like the fact that you have now configured the forum to open in the same window as the main site.
Could you increase the table-width so that the main table (containing the forum) occupies a much larger % of the page width ? A lot of lines are getting wrapped due to the small width.
Done. It should now be 95% of your screen width rather than a fixed width to meet smaller res screens.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

sameerph wrote:Great work, Dhruv. The site looks compact & neat.

Just repeating Puneet's sugesstion below to increase the width of the Forum part & may be reduce the titles part on left side .

The site is also quite slow today. Is it because of the transition to new format ?
Yeah I was making changes as well. The server was down for a couple of hours this morning as well. I'm aware of the speed issues and am looking at what I can do about it.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

The speed does not look all that bad to me, for now.

Hey, thanks for all the great work, Dhruv! .. Hope you are catching enough sleep?

Jay
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Can someone please try out the Submit News and Knowledge base and other stuff. Try and stay away from posting really important stuff in the blog as I may replace with with a different application in the near future.

Also give me suggestions about what menu item development should exist.

Thanks.
forpar
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by forpar »

the sports-india logo on top of the each form/thread is taking up too much space. Is this temporary until a new logo is designed and and put on top where it says "THE NEW SPORTS-INDIA" ? otherwise, may be you could remove it(old logo) to save lot of space.
forpar

Post by forpar »

just random thoughts.

when you hit on "Links", the resouces could be categorized into like Cricket, Tennis etc and when you click on them, it will show the related links.

The "latest news links/bars" shud probably appear neat if they dont appear if there is no latest news for that section. And I think it wud be nice to limit them to main pages rather than to every thread.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

I have been trying to post a tennis news item (LP's final) but it didn't work yesterday. Thought you might be still working on it. Tried again now, and it is not posting. I click "save" and nothing happens. I click "submit" and nothing happens.

Selected Tennis News category. Actually it asked me to select when I clicked save or submit - I had forgotten to select. But after that it says nothing after I click submit. I am using the good(bad?)-old Internet Explorer, version 6.0

Here is the bottom panel setting (not sure if this matters)
"Publishing" stub
State: Published (but I tried "unpublished" also)
Access Level: Public
Author Alias: R. Jayakrishnan
Start Publishing: 2006-01-28
Finish Publishing: Never
Show on Front Page: (ticked)

So, what I am I doing wrong?? [I know, I know, I should have done this last month when you all were checking out stuff .. :( ..]

I did post a non-serious blog just for the heck of it yesterday. That worked.

Haven't tried Knowledge-base yet.

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

PKBasu wrote:Great work Dhruv! Congrats for a superb effort: this site looks even more cool now.

One minor hitch: I find that I often don't see the "Edit" bar in a note after it has been posted (perhaps because the full screen doesn't always display). Also the bottom arrows (which enable one to shift a message/reply left and right) don't show up on my screen when I'm typing-- they used to earlier.
Hmm tough one for me to judge as I get the scroll bars on the browser window. Maybe someone else can let me know if they have similar errors.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

forpar wrote:the sports-india logo on top of the each form/thread is taking up too much space. Is this temporary until a new logo is designed and and put on top where it says "THE NEW SPORTS-INDIA" ? otherwise, may be you could remove it(old logo) to save lot of space.
That is easy to fix (i.e.) to remove. I left it there as I have not developed a log for up top. Could do with a hand there. (hint hint)

As for the last two posted by you and Jay, I think since I did an upload of files I have screwed file permissions some where. I will try and fix it but if I can't get a solution in easily, I might do a reinstall.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

I dont quite understand what to do with Knowledge Base when I get there...
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Another problem I'm having is that the full box doesn't display when I am posting a reply. So here, for instance, I can't see the last word of each line I type and only discover any typos later when it has been posted. .
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

To JAY and all others having problems submitting articles: I have changed the default to no WYSIWYG editor. That should fix your issues although it makes posting much more difficult. If you want use the nicer editor you can go to MY DETAILS and try the WYSIWYG editor. However, if you have issues with posting news articles, most likely that is the cause. I will look into it shortly. Please post your browser info as well.

GVHVHG: The knowledge base isn't really functioning yet, but the idea is that all the what to, how to, where to and other advice type stuff will go there. All the users should be able to add stuff there once the integration is finished.

PKBasu: The full box probably doesn't show up because it is off the screen. You should be able to scroll to the right on the browser to see all of it. If not please let me know. An easy fix for that is to reduce the width given to the smilies on the left if that is the case. I will get to that eventually if it is just a scrolling issue but if it doesn't show at all then I will put a higher priority on it.[/quote]

puneets I have removed the news stories from the bottom of every page as you suggested. They are now only on the first page. Also can you test the editor as I think I have fixed it but am unsure.
Thanks
puneets

Post by puneets »

Dhruv - Great work...the site looks really cool now.

The "Preview" thing is still not working. Everything else seems to be fine.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Ok the Knowledge base is now working. Unfortunately, you will see that I have two logins. The one on the top is the one that refers to the KB+site and the one on the bottom refers to the forums+site. I am coding currently and there should soon be only login box again (hopefully).

Cheers,

Dhruv