India Vs South Africa ODI series (March 2020)

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

harshfan

India Vs South Africa ODI series (November 2005 - )

Post by harshfan »

it might rain in chennai - what a shame if that happens. I think it shows the stupidity of the Indian board to give chennai matches in Nov and then a test match in December right in the middle of the north east monsoon.

Chettinad Chicken Chennai and its wonderful fans deserve better than this idiotic treatment from the board.
*sridinats*
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by *sridinats* »

will be a real pity if it rains...Scattered thunderstorms are expected tomorrow...lets jus hope that the rain stays away during the match!!
Sridhar
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Agree, it doesn't make much sense to schedule a match if it rains. But let us see, Chennai weather is not all tht predictable :)
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

i have a feeling some where in this series they will move sachin to #3 or #4 just to test that option out and surprise SA / make them re consider using all Pollock's and Ntini's overs with the new balls.Any one else think they might do this ?
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

I would like to see a few matches with the following batting line up just to see how it works

1) Dhoni
2) Gambhir
3) Sachin
4) Sehwag
5) Dravid
6) Yuveraj
7) Kaif
8) Agarkar

I think they should try this out, let Dhoni and Gambhir go hell for leather, maybe one of them will pay off, nothing lost if they both get out, because then their is still the big 5 to follow., and also the new ball might be negated once in a while.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

also maybe they should reconsider Laxman for ODIs with the new super sub format he doesnt have to field. He is still a class act and one of the best batsmen around. I dont think hes too old also that he cant be around for the next WC. Just a thought, one could counter argue and say they want a youthful team with fresh energy, and thats why gambhir is around. Both view points are valid, but I would hate to see a match winner against quality teams in big games and on tough pitches (100 against Pak in the decider and those sparkling 100s within the space of a week or so in Aus)
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Tendulakr is the best opener in world and he should be allowed to open and moreover we have seen him struggling in the middle order (by his standards). So why experiment with him when the results aren't good enough?
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

theres nothing wrong with experimenting with a new format i think though .... when sachin was given a chance in england to bat at #4 he scored 2 centuries lets not forget. Great players can play anywhere in the order and someone of sachin's class can surely adapt anywhere ...... not saying he shld not open, i just think they shld try out different combinations to get the best team - if india is best with sachin at 3, regardless of the runs he scores compared to being an opener, then why not do that ?
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Ofcourse but then India is not at its best of Sachin comes at No.3 . World cup 1996, 1999 and 2003 are proofs for the same. Sachin opened in 1996 and 2003 and the result was semifinals and finals, we faltered in 1999 at super six stage!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

If you ask me my ideal batting order would be: -

Sachin
Sehwag
Kaif
Dravid
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Pathan
Aharkar
India1989

Post by India1989 »

I think Dhoni should be promoted more to 4th or 3rd. He blasts the ball to the boundary in that position.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

whatever happened to Raidu ?? anyone know ??
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Rayudu had a miserable domestic season last year. Leave alone Indian team he is not even representing south zone. I think he was close to getting dropped from Hyderabad Ranji team and there is a rumour tht he is moving to Andhra for greater success. I hope his great talent is not wasted and will score heavily in the next Ranji season.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Rayudu probably suffered from the build-up of expectations that weren't fulfilled by a whisker -- resulting him appearing to lose focus and motivation last year. He is a great talent (as he showed in junior cricket, and in his magnificent debut season in the Ranji Trophy), and I hope the Andhra move pays off for him. Reminds me a bit of another Hyderabad lad, Saad bin Jung, who made a century for India under-22 against the fearsome Windies but faded when he just missed making the test team (and his performances deteriorated dramatically the next season; he then moved to Haryana, but just could never find any decent form again).
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

No Hyderabadi batsman scored well last season. It is bowlers who outshone batsman and rightly because the pitches were more bowler friendly. Rayudu just happened to suffer because of the bowler friendly pitches HCA has made, just like the way they prepared in first match against SA. I think it is a good thing to move to Andhra. But he is going to face heavy competetion there with Venu, Suman, Gnaneshwara Rao (Venu's brother) and Rayudu all vying for honours.