gvhvhg
Please enter the middle number: 1

WTA Tour/Non-India Fed Cup

Post by gvhvhg »

what are you saying?!?!?!

3-1 Dementieva
2-2 Kuznetsova
3-1 Molik
1-3 Myskina (2 losses before Wimbledon '04)
2-2 Serena
1-0 Venus
2-1 Davenport
0-1 Mauresmo (meaningless Year End Chmp match Maria was already qualified for SF)

Whats so bad about that? :kookoo:
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

well three are russians in that who are really not worth it. That is what we were discussing. If you call them top players then well She has tremendous record.What is her record against Belginas? They are top players. In the list you gave, wins against Mollik is good, serena is good.

Her record against clijsters is 0-3
She hasn't played against Henin though.

This year she lost to 2 players. Serena and Davenport. The tokyo finals though Sharapova won was mighty close. She won the last set in tiebreak. I mean she is not like dominating, like how serena was till 2002. Hoe Belgians were after serena was sidelined due to injury. How Venus was in 1998's .

If you say wins against Dementieva, Myskina justify her ranking? Then ok she is great player.

She is talented no doubt. But with the return og Belgins I guess it would be mighty diffuclt for her to be in top 5.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Sandeep Sharapova is definitely a top 6 player.

Heres my ranking of players based on their talent...

1. Serena Williams
2. Justine Henin-Hardenne
3. Lindsay DavenPort
4. Kim Clijsters
5. Maria Sharapova
6. Venus Williams

Sharapova is better than all the other players in the top 10. Shes only 17 and still is even restricted in the number of tournaments she can play and still has a high ranking. Its pretty ignorant to say shes not a top 5 player. Its only a matter of time with her.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Hi

Post by Sandeep »

Its pretty ignorant to say shes not a top 5 player. Its only a matter of time with her.
Arun, you haven't read my previous posts I guess. Look at what I mentioned.
Most of the russians will be kicked out of top 5 except for sharapova. She is the only one who deserves it. All others are overrated
But what makes maria special is her performances with Serena. She will definitely be there on top. NO doubt, but at the moment I feel she is a bit overranked due to injuries of some top players.
This is what I opined in my previous posts. Now your argument is it is just matter of time before she will one among top. That is what I am also saying. I clearly mentioned AT THE MOMENT she is over ranked. I didn't even mention she is overrated. She is definitely not overrated, because she is talented. Amazing talent infact. But overranking is something different. I feel Sania is also overranked at the moment. She is in a position where she is because of the absence of Belgians. Top talents out there for me are: -

1)Serena
2)Sharapova
3)Clijsters
4)Henin
5)Venus
6)Mollik
8)SANIA MIRZA

Now, how many of them turn their talent into deadly game has to be seen
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Her record against clijsters is 0-3
She hasn't played against Henin though.
What are you talking about man?? She beat Henin in the Quarter Finals in Miami :notworthy:

If you want to say she's 0-3 against Clijsters go ahead...but how can you count the first two? They are not really relevant to this arguement. Maria was not a top player then. Both were in 2003, and in the first Maria, not even in the top 50 took the world #2 to three sets. Anyway there is no need to get into specifics. For the sake of this arguement she is 0-1 against Clijsters. Even if you want to say that she is 0-3 her record against the top 10 is not shabby at all.

What you guys are doing in terms of ranking people based on their talent is a little odd to me. What is talent. Based on talent some of the games best wont even be in my top 10 because they are hard workers rather than talented people. Based on talent I could have a player out of the top 100 on my list. But I will do a list of my own based on who i think are the best players. Plain and simple. Best players. Or actually I will give you what I think will be the rankings come the end of the year.

1) Sharapova
2) Clijsters
3) S.Williams
4) Davenport
5) Henin
6) Kuznetsova
7) Molik
8) Mauresmo :eek: :rofl:

and hopefully Sania will be there too
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Can I ask you one reason why Serena is third and not first or second. If it is plain best as what you claim, why isn't serena there right at top???
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Why should she be? What has she done to prove herself to me? She had to work damn hard to win the Australian Open and came off a horrible 2004 (for her standards.)
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

oh!!! then what did sharapova did to be right on top????
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

sharapova by no means achieved more than serena?
Moreover serena is coming off from injury.

More than any of our rankings, yours is based on talent and not the best as you claim.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

The best right now!!! Serena has achieved more than Maria, but not in the past 52 weeks....
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

What did Sharapova do to be at the top?!?! Is that a joke??

She holds more big tournaments than anyone right now, in wimbledon and the year end championships.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Who decides what is big? All Grandslams are equally big? What makes Wimbledon bigger than other grandslams? Our perception???
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Clijsters dreamlike comeback is continue ... She beats 6 of top 10 players after returning from injury break ... From her performance she looks in hurry to return in Top 5 ranking .. :D

Jaydeep.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Clijsters is 17 now in world. Isn't it awesome. 133 to 17 :eek:
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Gvh you're crazy....Sharapova is #1 based on talent? thats ludicrous...i know shes your wife and all but lets get back to reality. theres no way in hell serena is not #! based on talent. Sharapova just lost 6-0 6-0 to davenport a few weeks ago and you put her ahead of davenport??? And how can you not include Venus Williams in there???

and Sandeep we all love Sania but #8? Come on now...based on talent?? Thats a little bit of fantasy if you ask me. Sanai needs to do a lot more before she can make my top 10.