India in England, summer of 2021

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: India in England, summer of 2021

Post by prasen9 »

Ravi Shastri showing himself to be a complete moron here. Someone tell the idiot the vaccine takes two weeks to take effect. And, the Indian team was vaccinated only a couple of days maybe before the isolation was ordered. Vaccines are also not 100% protective. So, "vaccines should be trusted" is an idiotic saying in this case. And, the chutzpah. He feels he knows better than the scientific establishment in the U.K. which designs these rules. Without even knowing the basics it seems. His big mouth is still there.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

He should be named Ra Vish Astri—a poison armed weapon—with his motor mouth and absolutely worthless contribution.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Wriddhiman Saha has just recovered from Covid-19 two months ago, and in addition has been vaccinated I presume. The very fact that he had Covid less than 2 months ago means he is supposed to be immune for another 4 months at least, according to most doctors. For him to have been put into isolation for having been a close contact of someone who tested positive recently is completely over the top.
suresh

Post by suresh »

PKBasu wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:43 pm Wriddhiman Saha has just recovered from Covid-19 two months ago, and in addition has been vaccinated I presume. The very fact that he had Covid less than 2 months ago means he is supposed to be immune for another 4 months at least, according to most doctors. For him to have been put into isolation for having been a close contact of someone who tested positive recently is completely over the top.
It all depends on which variant infected him. It is unlikely that this information is available. Given that the Delta variant is able to infect vaccinated as well as those who have had covid form other variants, it make sense that Saha be isolated as well.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

If a person had COVID and is also vaccinated, asking them to isolate is just being extra extra cautious. I am not sure how long such a guidance is sustainable.

NHS is paying them £500, so general public may be acceptable with the norms.

f you are identified as a contact and asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, including by the NHS COVID-19 app you may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate you may also be entitled to this payment.
In the case of Saha and bowling coach, asking them to isolate is purely common sense. U are playing a series, why would you risk the health of other team members. I would have slightly stringent rules for sports(than general public)
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Also, making rules with exceptions for a small number of cases is perhaps just making the rule clunky. So, they do not have an except if you have been infected in the last three months clause. Maybe if Saha asked for an exemption based on that, someone could have taken up the case, but that just is more bureaucracy to deal with. And anyway, maybe as Suresh pointed out, with the variants coming out, just being infected is not good enough.

Why is Shastri not asking or telling us why the Indian team took so long to get vaccinated? In the U.K. is there a mandated wait time and that is longer?
rajitghosh
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by rajitghosh »

Shastri himself was in the Wimbledon stands without a mask. Who is he to guide anyone?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Bhuvi was discussed by the selectors and the selectors talked to him. He has not played a FC game in several years. So, they decided not to play him and jeopardize his playing at the T20 WC. His career in the longer form will be evaluated after the T20WC.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

India’s tailenders’ batting woes explained

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/kart ... ly-1271069
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I was thinking of you while reading that. Our #9-11 are absolute pitts. We should only choose two of the three pacers. Two of Bumrah, Shami, Umesh, Ishant, and Shiraj. One of: Shardul. I wish we added Bhuvi here but he is not going to be risked. DLC is too raw and perhaps not a great red ball guy.

We will not win with this #9-11 even if our top-enders bat well. That is a bigger problem to fix. But, this one should not be ignored. Play Thakur. I said that before the WTC final but there were not very many takers here.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I am sure I was all for Shardul’s inclusion. Bumrah is no longer an automatic selection for his bowling alone, unfortunately. He has lost his bite. We have a difficult problem. I hope next generation is given a clear message—fitness and batting ability are non-negotiable even for bowlers with appropriate adjustments.
indiansportsfan

Post by indiansportsfan »

Bumrah was never a good red ball bowler (except for 1 good series in WI). And yes, he does seem to have lost his mojo somewhat overall, even in LOI cricket. Now I don't think there is any justification to pick him in the Test squad.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Ishant is the first one I’ll drop. But, that’s me. Bumrah is reaching that stage too. If you can’t hold the bat, you don’t belong is my simple criterion. Just blocking out a couple of balls to prolong the innings is all I ask. That is not much.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I ask more. An average of 10 or over.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

We are dead last! An average of ten would be among the top five. I would like that too, but I’d take their stay at wicket assuming someone from top eight is around to farm the strike and add valuable runs.