India Vs South Africa ODI series (March 2020)

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

harshfan

India Vs South Africa ODI series (November 2005 - )

Post by harshfan »

1) Play in a stadium that supports you when you are doing well and jeers you when you are doing badly
2) Play in a stadium that supports you no matter what (true fans)

Clearly any player would want to play in the second scenario. As you said they can't be banned, but they shouldnt be given matches all the same
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

As you said they can't be banned, but they shouldnt be given matches all the same
Then what about the stadiums tht booed Ganguly when ever he walked out?
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

There is a huge difference booing a single player - and booing the team.

Its definitely better to boo a player than boo the whole team. Booing one player sends the signal that you dont wan him to do well, but still want India to win .... thats somewhat acceptable. Booing your whole team is UNACCEPTABLE. Eden's days are finished

You are wrong again Mr Moderator.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Well booing a player or team is same for me. It is a disgrace for sport! If booing Ganguly is acceptable then what Eden did yesterday is perfectly okay.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

Well boing a player or a team is NOT the same for me
India1989
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by India1989 »

harshfan, anything you say will not happen. It wasn't eden who did this. And you cannot stop the people. THese people can now travel to places and boo the whole team if you treat them with anger. Treat them properly and they will treat you back properly. Apologize for booing Ganguly and they will be more then happy to apologize for booing the whole Indian team. They didn't meant to boo the Indian team but they showed a signal to the selectors that they did a bad job.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

Actually. the selectors did a great job chucking Ganguly out
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Ok as you say harshfan. Even if God tries he cannot change your opinion and i don't want to change your opinion. India has freedom of speech so do you. Say as much as you want.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Anyways, just as a remainder (for all and in tht especially harshfan and India1989) please go through forum rules again at : -

viewtopic.php?t=212916

Especially go through the rule tht talks about flaming.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Well I am sorry about flaming the situation.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Did you guys watch Chappel's single finger gesture towards protestors? It created quite a controversy in India. Anyways, comedy part is, check out BCCI's explanation: -
Chappell had injured his finger during practice and he said he was just attending to it by sticking it out of the window to give it some fresh air
:rofl: , second instance of BCCi members making jokers of themselves!
sanjay8886

Post by sanjay8886 »

Let us get Chappel's MRI done on middle finger which is really out of control. We really need to verify whether the extent of injury is serious enough to replace him as a coach.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Yeah chappel did stick out the middle finger but didn't specify who he meant to show it, the crowd, media or who.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

The politics in indian cricket is disgraceful.. And the statement by the pitch curator was that he prepared a sporting wicket... Letz wait and watch whether he keeps the same sporting pitch for the test match...I sincerely feel that Indians need to play more on such sporting wickets, if they really want to climb to the top...

I actually have no problem with fans booing a player who doesn't perform well ... what have u done for me today is the prevailing mentality all over the world and it is the prerogative of the spectators who has shelled out money to come watch them play... What i didn't like was the 'spontaneous' cheering of Dravid Dismissal... i wouldn't have minded him being booed, but to cheer his dismissal means that you were rooting against him also... But I guess it is just a sport and Eden gardens crowd has got its right to do what they please :(

Guys take a break with all the mud slinging... Sports has got nothing to with patriotism (though i also get carried away sometimes)... it is just an entertainment..
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

I sincerely feel that Indians need to play more on such sporting wickets, if they really want to climb to the top...
I agree tht we need to make sporting wickets but the question is at what level? Is it required to make such kind of wickets in international matches and loose our home advantage?

I think we should start making these sporting wickets at domestic level. Cricketers by the time they play for India will be used to such kind of conditions. What is the point in exposing our batsman to green tops all of a sudden when they played most of their cricket on dead wickets?