GOLF MAJORS/ WGC Events

All golf tournaments threads should be posted here.

Moderator: Moderators

prajgolf
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: GOLF MAJORS

Post by prajgolf »

Average start by Anirban Lahiri at the PGA Championship, he is currently 1 over par and at tied 79 position after Round 1.
prajgolf

Re: GOLF MAJORS

Post by prajgolf »

Anirban missed the cut by 1 shot at PGA Championship.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: GOLF MAJORS/ WGC

Post by ajay »

Lahiri is the lone Indian who is playing the HSBC tournament (a WGC event) in Shanghai. He returned a card of +2 on the first day which was marred by the double bogey on the last hole. Here is a report - Lahiri positive despite closing double bogey.
SHANGHAI -- India’s Anirban Lahiri was left to rue a costly double bogey on his final hole Thursday which left him with a 2-over 74 in the first round of the WGC-HSBC Champions.

The five-time Asian Tour winner trails leader Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland by seven shots but is confident of reducing the deficit when he returns to the starting tee at the Sheshan International Golf Club tomorrow.

“Today’s just one of those days where things don’t quite work out," he said. "But I don’t have to reinvent the wheel as I’m playing well and I just got to keep that going.

“I didn’t get the breaks I wanted and it was just those one or two shots that caused me big in the end. I personally feel I played well enough to be in the red and should have got an under-par score today.”

Ranked 73rd in the Official World Golf Ranking, Lahiri stumbled with a bogey on his opening hole. He recovered quickly with a birdie on the second but was pegged back again by another two bogeys on the fourth and fifth.

Birdies on Nos. 7 and 12 then brought Lahiri back to even-par before his double-bogey 7 on the 18th saw him slip to a share of 42nd place that also included marquee names such as Asian Tour honorary member and major winner, Ernie Els of South Africa and Spain’s Sergio Garcia.

“It was tough starting out the day in the morning as it was really windy but I think I played really well by fighting back," Lahiri said. "I should have made a few more birdies on my back-nine and I’m really feeling gutted to have finished poorly with a double bogey.”
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Re: GOLF MAJORS/ WGC Events

Post by ajay »

Lahiri finished his 2nd round with 2 under par that made him even for the tournament. He had a double bogey on Hole #1 (his 10th as he started on back 9), but recovered with 3 birdies on #2, #4, and #7. Earlier on back 9 he played a steady golf with 1 birdie on on par 5 #14. He is currently T28, but it will change as 2nd round is still in progress.
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

Anirban Lahiri finished the tournament at T28 position.
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

This week Anirban Lahiri will tee off at World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship at the Trump National Doral golf course.

He has won four titles in the past 10 months, and his ranking now puts him in position to play all four majors and grab a spot for the International team in this year's Presidents Cup. This event would give Lahiri a test of how he stands against the US PGA elite.
Prem

Post by Prem »

This is one of the biggest tests for Anirban as he has hardly played in US and Doral is considered one of the toughest courses there.
No cut and so he will get to play 4 rounds and learn a bit from the experience.
No high expectations but hoping for a good finish. :goodluck:
Prem

Post by Prem »

The first Golf Major - The Masters starts tomorrow with Anirban making his debut.
He tees up with Lee Westwood and Miguel Angel Jiminez.
It's a good group as Anirban should feel comfortable with the 2 European veterans.
:goodluck: Anirban. First job is make the CUT.
Tiger is back and will be interesting to see how he fares, though I doubt he will be contending...come Sunday.
Ayush1234567

Post by Ayush1234567 »

Lahiri has a par performance on front 9 in round 1 with a birdie on 8,bogey on 9.It is going on but I think cut will be easy,he should look for a top 25 ️LEVEL or better performance.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Good start by Anirban. -1 and T18. Looking forward to a good result. :goodluck:
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Very nice start indeed for Anirban. (His position has now been revised up to T17, a position he shares with Rory McIlroy!). Particularly commendable given that he has no experience on the US PGA tour.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Not so good round by Anirban but gutsy round to just make the cut.
Top 50 and ties made it he finished 50th along with playing partner Lee Westwood.
Hope he is learning from the experience and now gets 2 more rounds and see whether he can move into top 25 in his first Masters.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Lot steadier third round, 2 over PAR ... one double bogey on 7th hole, one bogey on 11th hole and one birdie on 12th hole ... He remains on 50th position but this time alone.

At $9M Masters Tournament, Augusta, USA

50 Anirban Lahiri (IND) 71 75 74 +4
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Anirban Lahiri had an even par round of 72, and finished T49 (ahead of the great Vijay Singh at 54th). Reasonable performance for Anirban, although his best major result remains his T31 finish at The (British) Open in 2012.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Anirban gets a chance to play the second WGC event of the year - Cadillac Match Play.
The top 64 players comprise the field and they are divided into 16 groups of 4 players each.
Each play each other and after 3 matches, the best player from each group moves to the round of 16, after which its straight knockout.
Anirban has Justin Rose, Ryan Palmer and Marc Leishman in his group.
Today he is playing American Ryan Palmer.
Anirban is playing superb golf and he is -6 for the round after just 14 holes :clap: and is 3 UP with 4 to play. Should win from here....