2021 Ladies European/Asian/Other Tours

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

prajgolf
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: 2021 Ladies European/Asian/Other Tours

Post by prajgolf »

Yes, you are right
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

USD 1,500,000 ISPS Handa World Invitational

Round 1 scores

T19 Tvess Malik -2
T121 Diksha Dagar +5
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

Both our golfers have missed the cut.

Diksha will now travel to Japan for the Olympic event. :goodluck:
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

USD 1,000,000 Aramco Team Series - Sotogrande

Round 1 scores:

Team's event:

T15 Team Malik -11

Individual Event:

T82 Tvesa Malik +3
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

USD 1,000,000 Aramco Team Series - Sotogrande

Round 2 scores:

Team's event:

T30 Team Malik -13

Individual Event:

T89 Tvesa Malik +9
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

USD 1,500,000 Ladies Scottish Open

Round 1 scores

T102 Tvess Malik +2
T128 AditiAshok +5
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

prajgolf wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:50 pm T128 AditiAshok +5
Damn... There goes Aditi... Leander-esq, I guess. Can't motivate herself to play for money?
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Jay, I think you’ve made too much out of Aditi’s performance at Tokyo. My feeling is that the course and conditions combined to her strengths along with her Olympic resolve, no doubt. Her performance on the tour otherwise has been very inconsistent and not even great, let alone spectacular. You should temper your expectations of her.
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

All Aditi's tour titles have been in Asia (Qatar, UAE, India, India, India, I think). So the humid conditions in Tokyo (August) suited her game. She will rarely get such conditions -- for instance, at a Scottish Open, where it will always be cold for an Indian.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Atithee wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:02 pmJay, I think you’ve made too much out of Aditi’s performance at Tokyo. My feeling is that the course and conditions combined to her strengths along with her Olympic resolve, no doubt. Her performance on the tour otherwise has been very inconsistent and not even great, let alone spectacular. You should temper your expectations of her.
Putting is putting, Atithee. She was doing it at an unbelievably high level at Tokyo. No reason why she can't do it at any of the other courses on the tour. Granted, that needs very good focus and motivation to focus, and really good calculations on working around her long game limitations. But I don't see why she can't do so much better than she is doing on the pro tour. She was unbelievably focused, within her limited driving range, to bringing it to shots she could make with her putting brilliance. Time after time she did Houdini acts from the roughs. In fact, in the final round, only one sand save could be called less-than perfect. It was touch and go all through the event with her last place driving distance, but she was coming through every damn time. It was pretty clear that if she wants to do it, she can. Not easy, but doable. Need to work on (probably) upper body strength to get the lost 10-15 yards. Serious physical training needed too. The question is, does she WANT IT badly enough on the regular tour, to make money. It doesn't seem like she does.

So I don't think my expectation of what she CAN do is wrong. She is capable of being a top-25 or top-50 golfer in the world quite easily. It is questionable whether she wants to apply herself to do that job. That is why I called her Leander-esq. Leander NEVER did what he needed to do to make more money from singles because he wasn't interested in the focused hard work on a day to day basis. I hope Aditi won't give up on herself like that. For her own sake.

But from a realistic standpoint, you are right. There should be no illusions that she will do much better on the tour than she has been doing. She can, but she most probably won't.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Jay, just look at the scores and number of birdies. That course must have been easy no matter how much of a Houdini act Aditi pulled time after time. I still think this course was relatively easy or something rained birdies there. Aditi did punch above her weight, no question about that.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

If it is easy, it would be easy for everybody. That does not make the #200 player become #4... She came to the top because she had something in her that could be put to use. Putting. The course did help Aditi in that, because it was not too long, though. It gave her a chance to put her putting skills to her best advantage. If the course were any longer, she just would not be able to work around her length limitations like she did at Tokyo, at many holes.

But her putting skills are superlatives; no other way to put it. Elite. I don't think that was the case with her earlier; she was not really known as the greatest putter in women's Golf, right? But she showed that she has it in her to be among the best at that part of the game. That means once she gets her length back (that she lost due to Covid), she has no reason to be ranked under 150. IF she improves her length, that is. That will need a lot of strength work, and she needs to apply to become much better. She can. That is all I am saying. She may not. Who knows!
prajgolf

Post by prajgolf »

US $1,500,000 Ladies Scottish Open

Round 2 scores

T45 Tvess Malik +1
T132 AditiAshok +11

Another poor round by Aditi at the links golf course.

Tvesa has made the cut for the weekend rounds.
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

Pretty disastrous for Aditi. Almost at the bottom. :-(
Prem
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Prem »

Well done to Tvesa who has been playing very consistent on the Ladies European Tour this year.
She is currently 14th on the order of merit. Hope she can have good weekend rounds.
Aditi, after the jet lag and the disappointment of missing the bronze medal played poorly on this difficult links course.
Hope she learns from this and plays well next week at the Major again on links course.