This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Movies and Bollywood

Post by jayakris »

vidhyashankar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:42 pmThanks Jay. I also found it amazing that this song was popular in Kerala.
I too don't know why... but nearly every Malayali whatsapp group that I was on had people first remembering "malare, mounamaa" when he passed away. A couple of years ago for our Onam function in Los Angeles, multiple people asked me to sing that duet and I did. I know so many other songs by SPB that I consider grander, but somehow this one seems to tug at Malayalees' heart!
vidhyashankar
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by vidhyashankar »

:-)
khan27

Post by khan27 »

Any good movies released on this Eid? which one should I watch?
usaindia

Post by usaindia »

prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

khan27 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:45 pm Any good movies released on this Eid? which one should I watch?
I am very sorry. I have no idea about this to give you any advice. :-(
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

^^^ Isn't there enough entertainment in the "news"? Comedy, tragedy, drama, mystery, horror ... you name the genre, they've got it. Who needs Bollywood movies when there is Gollywood media?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

You forgot the statutory health warning: Reading news is injurious to your health.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

khan27 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:45 pm Any good movies released on this Eid? which one should I watch?
The only one which released on Eid ( released means these days only on OTT) was Salman Khan's Radhe and the reports are horrible. He is playing a hero to Disha Patni who would be of his daughter's age. Did not feel worth watching it.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

prasen9 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:15 pm You forgot the statutory health warning: Reading news is injurious to your health.
Oh, yeah. Gotta put a rating on the news. Rated R for gratuitous violence, naked dishonesty, and indiscriminate yelling at and interrupting people who speak the truth . Viewer discretion is advised.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^ So what rating do you give to this? - Cow urine protects from Covid-19: BJP MP Pragya Thakur (India Today)

[What can we do to get rid of some of these nut-cases? I don't have a problem with her drinking cow-urine. Actually Ayurveda does say that it is helpful for some things, and on the items that Ayurveda says it helps, it does help... But not Covid, which is from a new virus that Ayurveda does not talk about... This habit of casually saying un-proven things as truth by some of these BJP people is just horrible]

We will give it a P rating. For "piss-poor" news. Or news that makes you "pissed" :)
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

jayakris wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 pm ^^ So what rating do you give to this? - Cow urine protects from Covid-19: BJP MP Pragya Thakur (India Today)

[What can we do to get rid of some of these nut-cases? I don't have a problem with her drinking cow-urine. Actually Ayurveda does say that it is helpful for some things, and on the items that Ayurveda says it helps, it does help... But not Covid, which is from a new virus that Ayurveda does not talk about... This habit of casually saying un-proven things as truth by some of these BJP people is just horrible]

We will give it a P rating. For "piss-poor" news. Or news that makes you "pissed" :)
I rate it Pee Gee! :roll:
If you believe the media then it is only BJP people talking crap like this (pun intended, because cow dung also been touted as a prevention and cure). I think there are nut cases of all political stripes. But the press like to politicize everything to get eyeballs. And it succeeds.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

jai_in_canada wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:14 am I rate it Pee Gee! :roll:
Winner! :notworthy: :notworthy:
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

sameerph wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:15 pmThe only one which released on Eid ( released means these days only on OTT) was Salman Khan's Radhe and the reports are horrible. He is playing a hero to Disha Patni who would be of his daughter's age. Did not feel worth watching it.
I don't watch movies (I only watch Korean dramas)... But somebody whatsapped me that there is now a new word, to describe bad movies -- "Radheculous" :)
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

jayakris wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm I don't watch movies (I only watch Korean dramas)... But somebody whatsapped me that there is now a new word, to describe bad movies -- "Radheculous" :)
Korean dramas?? Of all things! How dramatic are those Koreans?! I guess your stay there really impacted you. Anyway, I heard that Korean dramas are full of Seoul. 😋

Oh, and now I understand what "Radheculous" means. I'm surprised no one had come up with "Modiculous".
usaindia

Post by usaindia »

jayakris wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm
sameerph wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:15 pmThe only one which released on Eid ( released means these days only on OTT) was Salman Khan's Radhe and the reports are horrible. He is playing a hero to Disha Patni who would be of his daughter's age. Did not feel worth watching it.
I don't watch movies (I only watch Korean dramas)... But somebody whatsapped me that there is now a new word, to describe bad movies -- "Radheculous" :)
Recently started watching korean movies and just finished my first korean drama crash landing on you
Liking korean movies so far,
My order of movies to watch now
Telugu
English
Korean/Tamil/Malayalam.