Rohan Bopanna thread...

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Dinesh
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Rohan Bopanna thread...

Post by Dinesh »

Paire also recently spoke out indicating it’s not motivating to play during COVID times because of these bubbles and no audience. Almost laughable, whilst people are either losing lives or struggling to make ends meet while this joker gets to travel and collect paychecks everywhere even for losing early rounds.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

All sports people should be grateful that they get paid big bucks for an entirely discretionary activity. The world can absolutely survive without slams, Olympics, world cups. Ingrate is a word that should be “Paired” with Benoits.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

In this case, I think he only meant that fans were important, and he was just lamenting not having fans at the games. He even said in his tweet "I know you are going to say how lucky you are," before saying that he finds the ATP tour "sad and ridiculous" now. he is right, and it really is sad, in a way. It is a spectator sport after all. I find sports without spectators making noise to be quite sad too, when I see it on TV. Paire must have thought that he was giving the fans respect here, but when you are Paire and the fans remember how disrespectfully you have behaved on court, we fans are not going to take what you say the right way either! You reap what you sow.

Again, the temperamental guy doesn't think straight, which has been his problem all along. He should know that there are a lot of people watching it online and on TV. Much more than there would be in the stands. He should learn to use it for motivation and play the game right.
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

Paire should listen to Swami Jayakrishnananda who famously asked Sania to not think while playing matches. He would be a regular in the upper echelon of tennis. :D
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^ Haha, yes. No-think is the jayakrishnatennisananda motto. He should know that playing tennis is his "karma" and just do it, without thinking of the results or anything else. "kaRmaNyEvAdhikArastE, ma phalEshu kadAchan" ... So, just hit the ball, Arjuna. Don't be sad about who is in the stands, or not.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

People draw motivation from all sorts of things. He could not find motivation himself because he wants the fans even though he may love tussling with them at times. That is what keeps him going. I did not see him saying that he is not lucky to make money, etc.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

prasen9 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:36 am
Atithee wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:38 am Reminds me of Jai_in_Canada. He was the master of such puns.
Let us all observe a moment of silence for the inimitable JIC is no more. Well, either that, or let us moan his lost mastery over puns. I suppose either is a monumental loss for this forum and the universe by extension^1.

1. Although I accept that in an alternate universe either he or his paan-making abilities may very well be well and alive.
Whoa! Hey! I'm still around! But been absent among old friends here - just lost the habit of checking in (my bad)!

And, no, I have not traded in my paan-card or pun-card for that matter! I am touched that my groan-inducing comments were missed even by a couple of people!

On the matter of Bofors playing Toulouse by Paire-ing with Benoit, I was was just starting to rejoice the sweet remaking of Mysore-Pak. But unfortunately the sweet was short. Still nice to see the old partners join up once again after all these years.

What do we call Bopanna-Paire? Pairanna? Coffee & Cross-ant?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

There we go. Vintage JIC. Thanks for replying. Brought a smile to my face. No pressure. But, if you have the time and inclination, keep dropping by. :-)
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

prasen9 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:26 am There we go. Vintage JIC. Thanks for replying. Brought a smile to my face. No pressure. But, if you have the time and inclination, keep dropping by. :-)
I will try to be a more frequent visitor here, Prasen. I just happened to visit after seeing the Bopanna-Qureshi pairing again after a long time. Scrolled up to see the posts about Mysore-Pak since the most recent ones were about Paire, and noticed my obit 😲

Missed being part of some exciting events like Nagals exploits in South America, multiple Indians in Dubai qualies, Yuki's return etc.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

jai_in_canada wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:34 amMissed being part of some exciting events like Nagals exploits in South America, multiple Indians in Dubai qualies, Yuki's return etc.
And you missed the 300+ pages of fun in the Covid19 thread, and all the names I made for some of the bumbling buffoon state CMs we have :)

It's great to see you back, JIC.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

jayakris wrote:
jai_in_canada wrote: Missed being part of some exciting events like Nagals exploits in South America, multiple Indians in Dubai qualies, Yuki's return etc.
And you missed the 300+ pages of fun in the Covid19 thread, and all the names I made for some of the bumbling buffoon state CMs we have :)

It's great to see you back, JIC.
Thanks, Jay.

I missed out! Like Justin Truedope and Gavin Nuisance?
What was your name for KCR of Telangana?

I have been off of most social networking platforms for well over a year. Too much craziness. However, this forum is an exception. An island of intelligent, balanced, good-natured, sometimes passionate exchange of view points in a roiling ocean of anger, hatred, division, distrust, and dishonesty called "The Internets" by Dubya. So in a sense I had thrown the baby out with the bathwater when I stopped visiting here.

Btw, I still miss @bsharma. 😟
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

jai_in_canada wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 am Btw, I still miss @bsharma. 😟
We also miss him. But Jai, we miss your presence and tongue in cheek comments. :-)
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

jaydeep wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:11 am
jai_in_canada wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 am Btw, I still miss @bsharma. 😟
We also miss him. But Jai, we miss your presence and tongue in cheek comments. :-)
Thanks, Jaydeep. I missed you guys too. I will add my 2c worth now and then.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Welcome back jai_in_canada.
jai_in_canada

Post by jai_in_canada »

suresh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:00 am Welcome back jai_in_canada.
Thanks, Suresh.