Turkey Challengers- Jan- Feb 2021

This is a forum where users can follow various tournaments that have Indian participation or are held in India. GrandSlams and Davis Cup should also be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Turkey Challengers- Jan- Feb 2021

Post by jayakris »

Sanjay wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:50 pmThere are only few players who can win both in doubles and singles. RR is not among them.
On what basis do you say that, though? There are players of a certain style, who would need to play very differently in doubles and so things could conflict. That is not Ram's case. in fact, I have always felt that he is one player who does pretty much similar things in singles and doubles, and his strengths in singles are pretty much his strengths in doubles too (though his weaknesses in singles may be less of weaknesses in doubles). So I am curious why you felt that way.

I have not noticed any correlation between his doubles work and his wins/losses in singles either.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Turkey Challengers- Jan- Feb 2021

Post by prasen9 »

For people who are young and reasonably fit, mixing in the occasional doubles work is actually good. It keeps their volleying sharper. And, RK cannot grind out people from the baseline. He has to mix in a judicious approach to the net and volleying. So, I think he should play some doubles to the extent his body allows.