Narain Karthikeyan Thread ...

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Narain Karthikeyan Thread ...

Post by jaydeep »

Narain is in discussion with Spyker and Williams for 2008 season.

Narain hails Mallya’s move
“I’m keeping my options open, but irrespective of whether I get into Spyker, I think Mr. Mallya buying into it is big for India. He’s influential and he has contacts, and that’s what it’s about at this level."
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

Well with Mallya being a huge admirer of Ralf and Ralf's seat at Toyota being occupied by Timo Glock it seems that Narain's chances of getting that seat have been reduced. With Sutils current performances it will be a very difficult decision to pick Narain in ahead of him.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

As per report Narain Karthikeyan will no longer include in the Toyota-powered team's plans as Germany's Nico Hulkenberg has been signed on as the official test driver next season.

The 20-year-old Nico Hulkenberg helped Germany's A1 GP team to win the title in 2006/07.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Check Narain's comments on his chances about F1 comeback and his goal after his first A1 GP victory.

‘I’ve unfinished business in F1’
"But Formula 1 is still unfinished business for me and while Williams is not happening, there is something for me there.”

“I deserve another shot at F1. I am fast and I have always driven well without driver aids. But for now I am glad we have sorted out our A1 qualifying woes. It’s good to win and it sends out the signal that I am far from finished.”
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Very level headed but hard hitting interview by Narain ... :)

Whatever the odds, I take the challenge: Karthikeyan
Despite well-appreciated adulation, I still get a fair share of critical comments regarding my age and F1 plans. I think over the years I have learnt to not only take this in my stride, but actually further motivate myself to yet again silence the critics.

I am fitter than ever before, have gained very rich experience and definitely have it in me to continue to establish further milestones for my country in the world of motor sports. Whatever the odds may be, I am determined to succeed. Bring it on!
piranha

Post by piranha »

NK is going NASCAR !!! He will be driving a NASCAR Truck in selected races this year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82209

His career was going nowhere anyway, especially now when Karun stepped up to F1 and apparently has Bernie Ecclestone's support. NASCAR is a very competitive sport and it's a lot of money to be earned. Just ask Juan Pablo Montoya. :cool:
usaindian

Post by usaindian »

narian finished 13th in opening race
and he will race this week in kansas speedway
usaindian

Post by usaindian »

at this weekend race narain is qualifed 20th
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Narain won the Sunday's super league formula race. Super league formula race is a unique concept where all the teams are named after world football clubs. The field is very strong with two ex F1 drivers, current F2 champion, virgin F1 test driver and the current GP2 race winner and world series champion! Narain still did it, a very credible performance. He is representing PSV Eindhoven which is currently at the bottom of the table.

The next race is on Sep 4th. Go Narain
suresh

Post by suresh »

Actually Narain won the second race where the starting grid is in reverse order of finish in race 1. So Narain finished dead last in Race one which was won by Beijing Guoan (John Martin). The top six (based on points earned in the first two races) then race five laps (Super Final) to determine the prize money!Looks like Narain didn't make it to the Super Final and hence earned no money but garnered 50 points for his first place finish. More details are available here.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Yeah, the entire process is a bit complicated but seems to be interesting. Anything is better than the formula 1 that is going on right now! Football club names mean that everyone has a ready favorite to choose from.

Actually Narain couldn't finish the first race and so started in the front and won the race. Probably part of the strategy!!!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

After ages hearing some news about Karthikeyan ... He won the 'Super GT x DTM Dream Race' finale at Fuji and BMW's Marco Wittmann finished second. :clap:

Karthikeyan beats DTM's Wittmann, Duval to win Dream Race finale
usaindia

Post by usaindia »