Tokyo Olympic 2020 - Hockey

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

usaindia
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Tokyo Olympic 2020 - Hockey

Post by usaindia »

usaindia

Post by usaindia »

women team celebration
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

@usaindian—I can’t see these videos in the USA.
usaindia

Post by usaindia »

unfortunately we need vpn, Thats how i checked them,If you can connect an vpn and select india it will show
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Atithee, I checked it with VPN. You can see all of it at the end of the archived full video at the NBColympics site - https://stream.nbcolympics.com/field-ho ... nal-game-2 (except the last 15 seconds of the team in a circle and doing a final cheer on the field. EDIT: That's also there in the archived video)

As I am watching the ending again, I still tear up. It is amazing to see how calm, composed and in control the girls were at the end, in defending and keeping the ball at the Aussie end. When we took it to the corner with 15 seconds to go, our coach started celebrating. Heck, the Australian tried a long hit from their end with 1 second, and you can see that still two Indian sticks reached that ball by the time it reached midfield. One stick came down even after the whistle blew and the girl had started running off. Our girls were just in a zone and focused to get the job done without a mistake.

The ending was the equivalent of a kneel-down in American football, giving the other team no chance to do anything for the last minute. That is domination.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Yes, I am the one who first alerted here about the nbcstream :D

I don’t know exactly what VPN means in this context. But, I did watch the stream and ending several times already. Thanks for the details.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:13 pm The ending was the equivalent of a kneel-down in American football, giving the other team no chance to do anything for the last minute. That is domination.
Coming from thinking, planning, and coaching. Practising many, many times, and internalizing. This is what we have been asking for. Good, solid coaching and execution. Then, let the chips fall where they may.

Now, the team has to keep its head in check and start a new match as if they have to prove everything. And, play it minute by minute. It is their match (or two matches) of maybe their careers.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Atithee wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:22 pm I don’t know exactly what VPN means in this context. But, I did watch the stream and ending several times already. Thanks for the details.
Just go to https://www.tunnelbear.com/ and download their VPN for the PC. It is safe and easy. Not a whole lot of free data available if you watch a lot of videos but the thing is clean and problem free. Just install, turn it on, select India as the country, and go. All your internet will route through India. Remember to turn it off after watching, or you will use up the free data limit quickly (500MB limit per month or something). You may know all this. But just making sure. There may be other better VPNs, but I find Tunnelbar pretty reliable and so haven't looked for others. Somebody here suggested it to me awhile ago, I think...
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

jayakris wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:07 am There may be other better VPNs, but I find Tunnelbar pretty reliable and so haven't looked for others. Somebody here suggested it to me awhile ago, I think...
Thank you for the lead.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Mens: India is the lowest "ranked" by betting odds wrt winning the hockey gold. Belgium is the favorite, followed by Australia and Germany. We need to figure out how to get past Germany at least.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

prasen9 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:29 pm Now, the team has to keep its head in check and start a new match as if they have to prove everything. And, play it minute by minute. It is their match (or two matches) of maybe their careers.
Oh they have been celebrating. The coach said that he would let them
Coach, asked how do they go about in the next semifinal, said: “They will enjoy first. They should enjoy this moment,”
(India Today)... Here is his selfie with the team on the bus after the game, that went viral.

He seems to be an easy-going guy. Hopefully he will get them to settle down today and get the focus back.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Of course, one should celebrate. But, half the time (one day). Then, focus. But, each team and each individual has their sweet spots. Having done some coaching in T&F and in academia, I realize that it is important to find the right button. If this team needs someone to make them relax and then they go for it, so be it.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Soooo.... Are y'all readyyyyyyyyyyy? 10 minutes to go to start a beat-down of those Belgian upstarts. Go INDIA!!!!!!!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Should I watch or not?
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Same question ( should I watch )