2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

Atithee

Re: 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA

Post by Atithee »

France is my pick. Maybe Russia as the host, which rarely happens. Brazil is the SAF of cricket. Always choke in key matches. They have been having a tough time even in qualifying phases lately.
arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by arjun2761 »

I'd like to see Brazil win as they have the most one-on-one talent among any of the teams and play an attractive brand of soccer. Belgium would be my second pick.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

I am a devoted Mexico fan, but now that they are out, I will fall back on being a devout Tottenham fan and support their players. Which means England, Belgium and France in some order.

As long as Spain loses, I am generally fine with everyone else. So I guess I owe Russia for knocking them out.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Saniapower wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:33 am Japan was riding on luck. Not so good to play at the knock out stages. At last they have been eliminated for good. The goal keeper is pathetic. He should learn ABC of positioning. Congrats to Belgium but my pick is Brazil.
Interesting. I thought their goalkeeper was off position as well (2 to 3 feet away from optimal spot), especially on corner kicks and any crosses done during the course of play...
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Atithee wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:34 pm France is my pick. Maybe Russia as the host, which rarely happens. Brazil is the SAF of cricket. Always choke in key matches. They have been having a tough time even in qualifying phases lately.
France is my pick as well... second pick is Croatia
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Brazil all the way. What the heck, what do I know?
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Atithee wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:34 pm France is my pick. Maybe Russia as the host, which rarely happens. Brazil is the SAF of cricket. Always choke in key matches. They have been having a tough time even in qualifying phases lately.
France in semis; Brazil choked as usual.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

Good riddance to Neymar and Marcelo. Need as little of them and their idiot theatrics on the world stage as possible.
ssp

Post by ssp »

I've supported Brazil since the 82 WC, when they played the most amazing football. They haven't hit those heights ever since, but have had pretty good teams at every WC.

Shame they went out as they had enough chances to win. Unfortunately, Tite picked too many poor players-Marcelo, Paulinho, Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho etc. Neymar is the most overrated spoilt brat to wear the yellow jersey. Belgium got their tactics spot on and attacked the huge space that Marcelo always leaves because he thinks defending is for others. How this guy has lasted so long in international football is baffling. The famous 7-1 thrashing to Germany was mainly due to the indiscipline of Marcelo, David Luiz (these 2 cost at least 4 of the goals) and hopeless defensive midfielders (Fernandinho gifted one of the goals in that match too). Pretty much the same thing happened yesterday. If you still pick these guys after seeing what they are 'capable of', you deserve to lose.

Belgium were excellent in the first half and a bit lucky in the 2nd. I hope they become world champions because they have real quality in attack.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I don’t know if Sweden is so bad, but England look unstoppable in their match right now. They will be a handful in semis. I see them scoring at least two more goals in the remaining 30 min in their current match.

Edit: no more goals. Don’t ever recall watching a game with so few fouls. I barely remember the play being stopped for a foul in this game.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Is this the best ever Football World Cup?
Beautifully organised, Exciting matches with many going down to the wire, All the traditional favourites making an early exit and we could possibly see a Brand New winning Nation.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Go France!!
Saniapower
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Saniapower »

winning world cup through immigration!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Good for them. A lot of countries have achieved a lot of things by allowing liberal immigration! And, we are stuck at driving away those who are Indian by genes and heart but have a foreign passport :-(
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

kujo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:01 am
France is my pick as well... second pick is Croatia
Kujo, that’s why you’re the “moneyball” guy. But, we both know our football.