Sports and Performance Enhancing Drugs (Doping)

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Mugundan
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Sports and Performance Enhancing Drugs (Doping)

Post by Mugundan »

Two of the cross-country runners who recently competed in the World cross-country championships in Belgrade have been provisionally suspended for doping offences. Hemraj Gurjar had won two successive National cross-country titles in 2023 and 2024 before being selected for the World meet. He finished 88th in Belgrade. Anjali was second at this year's National. She finished 80th in the Worlds.
Another prominent runner to be provisionally suspended was Mohd Nur Hasan. The steeplechaser had a very good season last year at home though he could not finish in the Asian championships at Bangkok.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

^^What’s the point of doping if you’re so piss poor at the world stage? The freebies that come as a national level player?
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Atithee wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 pm ^^What’s the point of doping if you’re so piss poor at the world stage? The freebies that come as a national level player?
I would love to be a national level player. For example, a national champion even if I am a nobody in the world. Now, I would not dope because I want to have a good life and know the ill effects of doping. But, if somehow my morals and my information gathering system told me that it is not a big deal, then I would do it. A national level player/champion would be a great achievement. For some it may not matter but heck, I would be fine even being a state champion but a nobody at the national level.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

More specifically you can get jobs/admission to colleges as national or state level players
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

And if I am going to be jobless, homeless, etc. otherwise, will I take a bit to push me over the mark? Now, I don't know how my ethics, concerns about the future, etc. would stand up if I am going to be homeless soon not knowing where food will come from ...
Mugundan

Post by Mugundan »

A former Asian Games gold medallist fails dope test:
https://sportstar.thehindu.com/athletic ... 059381.ece
Mugundan

Post by Mugundan »

Middle distance runner exonerated after DNA analysis. NADA shown in very poor light:

https://www.ptinews.com/story/sports/ru ... le/1439144
Mugundan

Post by Mugundan »

German TV network ARD has alleged the Chinese covered up 23 positive tests prior to the Tokyo Olympics and WADA knew of it but did not take any action following the Chinese explanation.
WADA has strongly refuted the allegations and has threatened to explore legal options against the German TV. It has also stated that it would be referring the accusations made by the USADA CEO, Travis Tygart, to its legal department.
Here's the X (Twitter) link to the ARD summary tweeted by an ARD correspondent. The whole story is expected to be shown on ARD this week-end.

https://x.com/NickJMButler/status/1781636749371777303