I am scared of Jay

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
SaniaFan

I am scared of Jay

Post by SaniaFan »

Some times after reading Jays's lashing of cricket I feel scared to post my comments under general cricket thread :)

JAY KO CRICKET PE ITNA GUSSA KYON AATA HAI
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

I am scared of Jay

Post by jayakris »

I have no problem with cricket discussions, SaniaFan .. I love the game myself and I also think more people in the world would love the game if it is marketed properly. Just that I don't like it killing other sports and I don't like my whole country looking silly like it does. And I truly detest India giving Pakistan undue significance.

As far as I cam concerned if we can beat Pakistan in sqaush, I will be happy. Till they are ranked #1 or even in top 2 or 3 in cricket, hockey, etc, I don't care for them.

I did not complain about the excitement about playing Australia, and was thoroughly enjoying that series! Pakistan is another thing.

The whole circus is making me a bit mad, that's all. Cricket discussions are of course fun - so keep it coming.... :)

Jay
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

I am scared of Jay

Post by PKBasu »

ITNA GUSSA ANEka KYA HAI?!

I would generally share Jay's distaste for most things having to do with Pakistan and that country's attitude to us.
But Pakistan actually has a pretty good cricket team now. They've just beaten New Zealand in New Zealand in a test series, something the South Africans aren't being able to do at the moment.
And Pakistan puts in a special effort against India, especially at home -- as a result of which, India have yet to win a single test in Pakistan! In terms of pure cricketing talent, Pakistan have been spectacular for the past 20-30 years. But fortunately for the rest of the world, politics (and match-fixing :( ) has prevented them from performing upto potential -- against everybody except India (when all domestic politics are set aside; so note, for instance, that Saqlain Mushtaq and Afridi have been kept out of the team for the past 12 months but have magically now reappeared).
So this is a big series from a cricketing point of view, and the first match lived up to all the hype.
I agree that the hype and blanket coverage is way overdone. But a bit of hype is justified for a tour that is happening for the first time in 15 years, and which began with such a bang!
SaniaFan

I am scared of Jay

Post by SaniaFan »

I agree almost agree with Jays issues with cricket. but I beleive that if you react so strongly against people think that you are baised against that thing. You influence people more with mild but sustained reactoins.

Its just the way i feel. Need not be right of course
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

I am scared of Jay

Post by jayakris »

I have been mild and hot over a long time though .. I see your point .. I will keep at it .. I do get excited about cricket and talk about it occasionally (like right now, with 2 overs to go in the match and India needing 16 runs) .. But then again, I don't think I can influence people much on this -- cricket is way too big for me to make any dent with just a website and daily babbles ..

Jay
sunnyd
Please enter the middle number: 1

I am scared of Jay

Post by sunnyd »

I doubt Jayakris is using this website as a propaganda tool if that's what SaniaFan is implying. He's just giving his two cents worth, which is what a discussion forum is all about.
SaniaFan

I am scared of Jay

Post by SaniaFan »

Propaganda is probably(and surely the way SunnyD is putting it) a negative word. But jay (maybe unknowingly) affects the thinking of all those ppl who visit his site. And there are many ppl who visit his site(I am visiting it since I donno when late 99 or early 2000). Even most influential ppl has visibility to his site(I remember once some one from WTA wrote to Jay while mentioning his site regarding Sania's Junior doubles ranking).
There is nothing wrong in what jay is trying to say. And if what he says can influence ppl then there is nothing wrong in it.