Indian Wrestling Thread ...

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Wrestling Thread ...

Post by sameerph »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:51 pm Indian Olympic Association chief PT Usha has strongly criticised the public protest by wrestlers over alleged sexual harassment by Wrestling Federation India boss Brijbhushan Sharan Singh. Mr Singh, a BJP MP, has denied the allegations and indicated he will fight fiercely to prove he is innocent.
Wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Bajrang Punia, Sakshi Malik, Ravi Dahiya and Deepak Punia have been protesting against Mr Singh and demanding the government to take action on their complaint. They have also written to Ms Usha to act on the matter urgently.

Ms Usha, however, criticised the wrestlers for not waiting for the report of a committee that is looking into their allegations to come out before deciding to sit on a public protest in Delhi. She said the protest "amounts to indiscipline".
"The players should not have protested on the streets. They should have at least waited for the report of the committee. What they have done is not good for the game and the country. It is a negative approach," Ms Usha said.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pt-usha ... ns-3984986
This is a nice article on insensitive comments made by PT Usha-

An idol crumbles: How PT Usha missed the podium again
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

PT Usha has joined BJP, that's why she is supporting wfi chief.

I hope Wfi chief is soon sent to jail and whole federation is cleaned up!!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Non-protesting wrestlers want camps to restart, worry about performance at Asiad.

With the protest against the WFI chief continuing, it is the wrestlers all over the country who are suffering. With no national camps all this while, several non-protesting wrestlers demanded that SAI must reopen the centres for them, as lack of training could impact their chances at Asian Games.

https://sportscafe.in/wrestling/article ... e-at-asiad
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

I am with them. You should be able to walk and chew gum. Why should the academy be closed? Let things run.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

sameerph wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:32 am This is a nice article on insensitive comments made by PT Usha-

By the way, it seems Usha was going to release (or released) a statement supporting the wrestlers earlier in the day, and was muscled by politicians into making the above statement on "indiscipline and bringing shame to the country". I don't know. Got a whatsapp on that. The whole thing sucks.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Government has still not fulfilled demand of arresting Brij Bhushan Singh till now!! Such a shame.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Why will the government arrest him? He is the government. Besides, you just don't arrest someone because someone said that they did bad things to you. What we need is a criminal investigation by competent, independent police. And, not just random arrests.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

jayakris wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:57 pm
sameerph wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:32 am This is a nice article on insensitive comments made by PT Usha-

By the way, it seems Usha was going to release (or released) a statement supporting the wrestlers earlier in the day, and was muscled by politicians into making the above statement on "indiscipline and bringing shame to the country". I don't know. Got a whatsapp on that. The whole thing sucks.
If she cannot speak out, that shows how bad the situation is wrt speaking up against the government. Democracy goes down the toilet if politicians are doing this. And, this is just not at the centre. In Bengal and some states, the state government is basically Goonda Raj. You speak out againt the government and its cadres and you can be killed.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ Same in Kerala too. BJP in some (many) states and CPM, TMC, etc, in a few states. India has a problem now, with the governments becoming too strong with their cadre goondas.
usaindia

Post by usaindia »

Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

The selection trials to pick the Indian team for the U-23 and U-17 Asian Championship witnessed tremendous response with the IOA-constituted ad hoc committee managing the sport receiving record 1700 entries

The ad-hoc panel received a total of 1704 entries for the four-day trials to be held at NIS Patiala and SAI Regional Centre in Sonepat from May 17 to 20. The Asian Championships for Under-17 and Under-23 wresters will be held in Bishkek from June 10 to 18.
https://thebridge.in/wrestling/u17-u23- ... ium=social
srini

Post by srini »

Today wrestlers got a good match practice with police who removed them when they attempted to protest at the site of new parliament inauguration. Wrestlers must be confused which Modi they see to believe in...the 'avuncular' Modi who hosted them after returning from Olympics or the ruthless one who incites Police on them when they protest against his party leader Brij.
Sakshi mailk tweeted the video.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

It is just sad, what is going on. As usual, Modi will not open his mouth on any of these things. Won't face questions,and won't voluntarily comment either. I just fail to understand what BJP and Modi are trying to accomplish from letting this matter go this far. Just do something and end this mess! Nobody is going to believe that thug Brij Bhushan, even if nobody proves he is guilty with evidence. What the heck is BJP waiting for? Just let these wrestlers get justice.

Sure, the Congress party and the anti-Modi gang are giving all encouragement to the wrestlers, but that is because Modi and BJP gave them an easy matter on a platter to exploit. BJP can't blame the Congress and others for this mess. It is just highhanded behavior to people of the country by this Government. Not the first time Modi and BJP are doing this. Even a (generally) BJP-leaning guy like me get pretty upset at this behavior, so I can imagine how the anti-Modi folks are viewing this. Horrible.

At this point, I will not vote for BJP the next time. I don't have anybody else to give my vote to, if I were voting, either - so maybe I won't vote. But I am almost done with Modi and BJP because of a series of events with this kind of highhanded behavior, even when they have done a lot of good things at the larger macro-level. Governments behaving like this is just not healthy for the country and its democracy.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

jayakris wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:13 pm It is just sad, what is going on. As usual, Modi will not open his mouth on any of these things. Won't face questions,and won't voluntarily comment either. I just fail to understand what BJP and Modi are trying to accomplish from letting this matter go this far. Just do something and end this mess! Nobody is going to believe that thug Brij Bhushan, even if nobody proves he is guilty with evidence. What the heck is BJP waiting for? Just let these wrestlers get justice.

Sure, the Congress party and the anti-Modi gang are giving all encouragement to the wrestlers, but that is because Modi and BJP gave them an easy matter on a platter to exploit. BJP can't blame the Congress and others for this mess. It is just highhanded behavior to people of the country by this Government. Not the first time Modi and BJP are doing this. Even a (generally) BJP-leaning guy like me get pretty upset at this behavior, so I can imagine how the anti-Modi folks are viewing this. Horrible.

At this point, I will not vote for BJP the next time. I don't have anybody else to give my vote to, if I were voting, either - so maybe I won't vote. But I am almost done with Modi and BJP because of a series of events with this kind of highhanded behavior, even when they have done a lot of good things at the larger macro-level. Governments behaving like this is just not healthy for the country and its democracy.
Don't worry Rahul Gandhi will sweep next election, then he will hang these thugs. And reverse all the damage done by Modi in last 10 years including Article 370removal , UCC, privatisation of industries and most important Economy!!!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:42 pm
jayakris wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:13 pm It is just sad, what is going on. As usual, Modi will not open his mouth on any of these things. Won't face questions,and won't voluntarily comment either. I just fail to understand what BJP and Modi are trying to accomplish from letting this matter go this far. Just do something and end this mess! Nobody is going to believe that thug Brij Bhushan, even if nobody proves he is guilty with evidence. What the heck is BJP waiting for? Just let these wrestlers get justice.

Don't worry Rahul Gandhi will sweep next election, then he will hang these thugs. And reverse all the damage done by Modi in last 10 years including Article 370removal , UCC, privatisation of industries and most important Economy!!!!
And Even if congress don't sweep election in 2024, they just need to bring down modi to below 250 seats and then congress can build alliance to form government at centre.