Indian Wrestling Thread ...

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Wrestling Thread ...

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Watching indian wrestling is too depressing :roll:
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Neha Sharma lost the Bronze Medal match in women's 55 KG against German wrestler

No medal and no quota so far for indian wrestling contingent
at world wrestling championships
srini

Post by srini »

The bronze medal match was equal on points 2-2, but Neha lost the match after considering the most points made in a single move.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

The final 3 weight categories in olympics weight classes for women will be decided today. Our best hope Antim is going to be there. But, she runs into last year's world champion American Parrish in first round itself. So, really tough for her in her debut world championships.

Mostly we will end up with no quota at this event. Last time we had 4 ( Ravi,Bajrang, Deepak Punia and Vinesh) qualify thru world championships route.
srini

Post by srini »

Antim defeated Parrish 3-2 in 1st round. Hoping she can go deep in the draw and get a quota place as well as a medal.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

World Wrestling Championships: Neha Sharma goes down fighting in bronze-medal round; Divya Kakran, Sarita Mor exit

Sarita Mor and Divya Kakran failed to make an impact at the Worlds, losing their preliminary round bouts.

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/world- ... 43822.html
srini

Post by srini »

Antim crossed another round with a dominant 10-0 win, in Quarters now.
srini

Post by srini »

In to Semis. A win here confirms medal and quota. Not sure what a loss would mean. There are 5 quota places given in every weight category here, so i assume quota or medal won't be confirmed until repechage also complete in case of a loss here.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Yes, if Antim loses in the SF, we will have to wait till all bouts are over tomorrow to see if she can get a quota. All the medalists will get a quota and then there is a match-up between 2 losing wrestlers in bronze medal matches for 5th quota. So, as of now Antim has 3 shots at the quota, SF, bronze medal match and 5th place match.

Hopefully, she will secure the quota today itself by winning the SF. She is up against Tokyo Olympic bronze medalist Vanesa Kaladzinskaya from Belarus. She beat Vinesh in what was considered a shocking result in QF there. Antim needs to take revenge for Vinesh here .
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Antim will play her semi-final tonight at 8:30 against Belarusian wrestler!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Antim lost in semis by 5-4
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Heartbreak for Antim. I though she had won it in the end with those 2 points coming back from 0-3 and than 2-3 down, went up 4-3 but Belarussian won a challenge, I do not know how. Antim seemed fully in control of that exchange.

She will fight for bronze tomorrow. Hope she wins there and earns a medal and quota.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

sameerph wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:24 pm Heartbreak for Antim. I though she had won it in the end with those 2 points coming back from 0-3 and than 2-3 down, went up 4-3 but Belarussian won a challenge, I do not know how. Antim seemed fully in control of that exchange.

She will fight for bronze tomorrow. Hope she wins there and earns a medal and quota.
I think she will win tomorrow....and she has a great chance for winning gold at Asian games!!!!
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:34 pm
sameerph wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:24 pm Heartbreak for Antim. I though she had won it in the end with those 2 points coming back from 0-3 and than 2-3 down, went up 4-3 but Belarussian won a challenge, I do not know how. Antim seemed fully in control of that exchange.

I think she will win tomorrow....and she has a great chance for winning gold at Asian games!!!!
No chance for gold. Japanese Akari Fujinami is unbeaten in international competitions and destroyed her SF opponent in matter of seconds.

Great chance for silver or bronze though.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

sameerph wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:39 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:34 pm

No chance for gold. Japanese Akari Fujinami is unbeaten in international competitions and destroyed her SF opponent in matter of seconds.

Great chance for silver or bronze though.
Oh i forget JAPAN is also there!!!! Yes, but she could win silver or bronze for sure!!