I can't chat!!!

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
Rishav
Please enter the middle number: 1

I can't chat!!!

Post by Rishav »

"irc.dixiesys.net- it says it can't load this. please help me! io can't chat!
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

I can't chat!!!

Post by Dhruv »

"Can't load this. " Sorry But I need slightly more information than that. There were a few people on the chat and you are the first one to have mentioned problems loading the page. It does take some time to load up.

Also maybe at that point in time the internet traffic was high and you weren't allowed on the site ???. I can't really tell without more information. Sorry.

Tks
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

I can't chat!!!

Post by jayakris »

Rishav, did you try completely closing the browser and restarting? I believe if you happened not to click yes and install that "plouf" thingy that comes up the first time, it does not come up again till you close the browser and restart - and the chat window will load without connecting every time you try afterwards ... Wonder if that was what was happening .. I remember that happening to me once (by reflex, I click NO on any box that comes up asking for install, for fear of spyware software like Gator and all that).

Dhruv -- does that make sense?

Jay
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

I can't chat!!!

Post by Dhruv »

Hmm I thought it said Dhruv or Sports-India now. Instead of plouf but I'll check.

But yes that would do it.
gvhvhg

I can't chat!!!

Post by gvhvhg »

well i couldnt chat from my home throughout the tie :cry: :cry:

I could at school, but missed the doubles and mabye the end of the reversed singles because of this....

it just never connected...and everytime it did not connect it shut the computer off (effectivley)

i sent an email....not sure if u got it

P.S one time it connected and then there was no cursor!
gvhvhg

I can't chat!!!

Post by gvhvhg »

who sent this?
Rishav

I can't chat!!!

Post by Rishav »

yep. I did try and restart the browser! but ofno avail! I had a windows 98 system with IE 5.5 .hope this helps... but now itis not useful :cry:
gvhvhg

I can't chat!!!

Post by gvhvhg »

hey guys i couldnt chat the whole australian open.....i would like to during the davis cup........is it because i use aol?
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

I can't chat!!!

Post by jayakris »

I think AOL's browser may be the problem.. Can't you use a netscape or internet explorer along with the internet connection from AOL? ..

By the way the chatroom links now point to my old parachat chatroom that has worked for most people. Dhruv, once he gets back from his current travels might be able to fix the bugs in a better chatroom he had coded up for this forum - not sure how soon he will get to it though. So, we will live with the old parachat chatroom for now.

Jay
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

I can't chat!!!

Post by Dhruv »

/me back from travels. Have linked to new/old chat. Should be working now. Someone can test it out for me please. It should be working. Works fine for me on test beds Win 2K, Win XP, MS-IE 6+, NS 7+, Opera 7.23, Mozilla and Firebird (Yes I know same thing but still :) ) Also checked on MS-Java and SunJava 1.4.???? (I forget now).

Anyway, if you guys are still having problems let me know. Jay if it works fine I can send you a webpage or a template of one that you can put up for the Davis Cup. Worst case, we go back to parachat and I go back to the drawing board. :)
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

I can't chat!!!

Post by jayakris »

Dhruv - you need to change the links above - it is still pointing to my parachat page .. thanks. Jay
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

I can't chat!!!

Post by Dhruv »

Heh. I knew I forgot something. Just got back. Give me some time I'll get it right one of these days.

Edit: Done :)
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

I can't chat!!!

Post by Dhruv »

jayakris wrote: in a better chatroom he had coded up for this forum

Jay
I thought I'd clear this up -- coding done by Philippe D. of th PJIRC project, I just help him out along with 2 or 3 others as alpha and beta testers suggesting where code improvements are possible. Don't want to take credit for Philippe's work.
Rishav

I can't chat (2)

Post by Rishav »

It doesn't load. I waited for 5 mins, but still.