Afghanistan in India T20I series, 2024

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Afghanistan in India T20I series, 2024

Post by prasen9 »

Deepak Chahar's father had a stroke. He came back from RSA to be by his father. I fully support this. However, after that, he was not named in the Afghanistan series. Maybe this is the weird sort of go to domestics first rule that Dravid wants to enforce for Ishan. However, the coward has no guts to implement it against Kohli when he drops out and comes back in at whim due to personal reasons. Look, I am a big fan of Kohli but this is sort of a stupid rule. We play cricket all year round. Things happen. People opting out for personal reasons is fine.

We will continue to disagree. i think rotation, injuries, personal leave, etc. are all part of the modern game. We should have a good group of backups and then not worry about these things. I have found no evidence that an unchanged team or the so-called team continuity results in winning teams. All this team gelling, etc. is hocus pocus. Teams need to have no strife within and players have to get along with each other. I think in this team they do. After that, rotations, injuries etc. is fine. On to the next man or woman standing. Depth is important of course.

One thing about the pace-bowling side. When a so-called pacer who cannot bat gets hit for 45 runs in 4 overs or 55, we say they had a bad day and move on. If it was an all-rounder, then we say that the guy cannot bowl. I have seen people complain a lot about DLC (not you), Thakur, and I do about Dube, etc. when they get hit.

But, reality is that Umran, Prasidh, Mukesh, Harshal, and Avesh have bowled worse than Thakur. Everyone other than Bumrah, Arshdeep, Siraj, DLC and maybe Shami has bowled worse than him. We should stop demanding more from our all-rounders. Thakur can give us 15-20 runs at 140-180 SR and that is very valuable. I don't like Thakur and will not choose him in the main team. But, I hope these other crappier bowlers don't get chosen either.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:12 am Mavi is injured and DLC is one of the worst end over bowler in India
These so-called bowlers such as Umran, Avesh, Mukesh, Prasidh, Harshal etc. have been tonked like crazy. That is a myth that DLC is worse than this lot. He may not be that good but he is better than this bunch of crap we are seeing day in and day out. Even in the end overs.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I think DLC is great. He would be among my first choices. Alas, he doesn’t respect the privilege or is truly unfortunate.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

I have a feeling that Sundar is lazy. The early success has gotten to his head and he has not work d to improve his skills. He basically mails it in while playing domestic cricket as well.

I had high hopes for him in red ball cricket. But had not shown any improvement.
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

prasen9 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:22 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:12 am Mavi is injured and DLC is one of the worst end over bowler in India
That is a myth that DLC is worse than this lot. He may not be that good but he is better than this bunch of crap we are seeing day in and day out. Even in the end overs.
DLC belongs to that lot only.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/ask/cricke ... nament=ipl
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin ... pe=bowling

For pace bowlers in T20I in last 5 years that have bowled more than 10 innings

Chahar is no 3 in ER, No 5 in Bowling average. And has a SR of 190 in batting (7 innings played). Yes he is a trash. Let us not pick him because he cannot bowl in dead overs.

Well Dube is last(11) in ER, 11 in bowling average.

For context Pat Cummins has ER of 8 and bowling average of 27 compared to Deepak’s 9.14 and 18. I will take ER of 9 with average of 18 over 8 and 27 any day. Since Deepak is trash, Cummins is a bigger trash . Let us drop him
https://www.espncricinfo.com/ask/cricke ... t=menst20i

Pandya is 8 in Average and 5 in ER.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

It should be Bumrah, Arshdeep, Siraj, Hardik, DLC. In my mind. Four spinners Axar, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Bishnoi/Washy.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

U look at those figures.. the old guy Bhuvi Kumar is leaps and bounds better than everyone in that list except Bumrah. How dare he does not retire?

Siraj did not make the 10 game qualification list . Mukesh Kumar is no10 on the list. Just totally don’t understand why Mukesh is getting chances in all three formats totally out of the blue
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I would be fine with Bhuvi or Khaleel Ahmed or anybody who performs in the IPL.