Arvind kejriwal to be arrested?

As we had often come back to discussing economic benefits/impact of sports I thought it was about time for an economic discussion forum.
Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Arvind kejriwal to be arrested?

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Omkara wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:43 am Been almost a month. Kejriwal hasn't been arrested yet
It can come anytime as Kejriwal skipped ED's summons!!!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Not going to happen. Guaranteed.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Atithee wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:26 am Not going to happen. Guaranteed.
Then why he is conducting referendum ??
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Because he is a politician.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

prasen9 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:31 pm Because he is a politician.
There are hundreds of other politicians like him!!! But only he is conducting referendum on whether he should resign or run government from jail!! That shows he know he could go jail anytime!!!!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Not really. There is no logic in that. He is the one accused of doing things and he possibly thinks he has the popularity and the money to run a referendum. This is his PR to try to sway people into thinking that he is not guilty, that he will still rule and win the elections even if they convict him, etc. That is to dissuade them from getting to him. But, legally, there may be other moves thy are making and the rich and the connected almost always get away scott-free. So, no the referendum does not mean he is going to be arrested soon. There is a possibility. The referendum is standard politicking and showing his strength in his constituency.

Anyone can, of course, go to jail anytime.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

wrote: This is his PR to try to sway people into thinking that he is not guilty, that he will still rule and win the elections even if they convict him, etc. That is to dissuade them from getting to him. But, legally, there may be other moves thy are making and the rich and the connected almost always get away scott-free.
But he has no need to do PR as most of the Delhiites still believes him!!!

I can remember Jailalitha has huge public support still the supporters could not stopped the police to arrest her; so I can guarantee no Referendum or street power can stop Delhi police from arresting him!!! The biggest challenge for him is "whom to made CM of Delhi?" after his arrest. He does not want to hand over party to anybody (except his wife, may be); that's why he is doing referendum so that he can run as CM from Jail!!!!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

There is hardly any news about this “referendum.” It’s just grandstanding. There’s never been a “referendum” of this type to my knowledge. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but I find both its possibility and being binding impossible.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:36 pm But he has no need to do PR as most of the Delhiites still believes him!!!
To show the rest of the world his strength. Politicians always need PR. Belief and support of Delhites is not a constant. It will fade if someone else shapes the story. He wants to shape the story.
I can remember Jailalitha has huge public support still the supporters could not stopped the police to arrest her; so I can guarantee no Referendum or street power can stop Delhi police from arresting him!!! The biggest challenge for him is "whom to made CM of Delhi?" after his arrest. He does not want to hand over party to anybody (except his wife, may be); that's why he is doing referendum so that he can run as CM from Jail!!!!
I am not saying that Delhi Police cannot arrest him. At the end of the day, the police hold the guns. They can take in anyone. The referendum is not to stop anyone. The referendum is PR to show off to the world that he has support irrespective of whether he goes to jail or not. This is to try to say that you cannot stop me even if you jail me. So, those that are trying to take him down to get his throne will not be able to get the power even if they put him in prison. That is the message he is trying to project by talking of a referendum, etc. This is all standard politics.