Arvind kejriwal to be arrested?

As we had often come back to discussing economic benefits/impact of sports I thought it was about time for an economic discussion forum.
Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Arvind kejriwal to be arrested?

Post by Saffron Lenin »

The Aam Aadmi Party has said it will seek the court's permision to run the government if Kejriwal sent to Jail!!
Last edited by Saffron Lenin on Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saffron Lenin

Re: Arvind kejriwal to be arrested?

Post by Saffron Lenin »

'If arrested, Arvind Kejriwal will run Delhi government from jail': AAP

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday said Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will run the Delhi government from jail if he is arrested in the coming days, referring to the summons sent to him by the Enforcement Directorate in the Delhi liquor policy case.

After Kejriwal was called for questioning in a money laundering case linked to the now-defunct Delhi liquor policy, the AAP alleged that this was a "conspiracy" by the Modi government to put Kejriwal in jail.
The ED had called Kejriwal for questioning in the money laundering case linked to the alleged liquor policy scam on November 2.However, according to sources, the AAP leader skipped the summons by the financial watchdog, saying that they were "illegal and politically motivated"

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/a ... 2023-11-06
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

AAP To Hold Nationwide 'Referendum' To Ask People If Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal Should Run Govt From Jail If Arrested

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has announced plans to conduct a "referendum" in Delhi and other parts of the country to gauge public opinion on whether Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal should resign in the event of his arrest by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) or continue to govern from jail.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timesofind ... 047867.cms
arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by arjun2761 »

All the mob bosses continue to govern from jail. So, politicians should be able to do the same. :D
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

arjun2761 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:31 am All the mob bosses continue to govern from jail. So, politicians should be able to do the same. :D
But Kejriwal is not the same old politician. He is a revolutionary against Corruption :p ....At least, this is what all his supporters claimed to be.... Congress and BJP are chor and daaku, AAP being a kattar imaandaar!!!!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Kejriwal had done some good work initially wrt RTI, etc. I have not checked what he has done in Delhi. No person is perhaps fully good or fully evil. If he has misappropriated public funds for his own house, he should be tried and the appropriate justice meted out.

Wrt politicians and parties, they say whatever to get votes. Not that I condone falsehoods. In general, I think all politicians are corrupt in India. Different parties may have different levels of corruption though. And, policies matter.

I do not support his subsidy policy, etc. But, I may also be biased since he was about 3 years senior to me in college if I remember correctly.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

You are biased for or against him?

I think there are other CMs who have lavish homes or who took lot of stuff with them when they were booted out of the power etc. So he probably is doing the same thing. But the fact that he was making same allegations against Sheila Dixit when she was CM makes his spending look worse. The person who did lot of good work with RTIs is not the same anymore.

AAP did do some good work in schools and medical facilities for the common citizens. But to fulfil the aspiration to expand quickly to all over India, I think they have really lost the plot have become same as any other political party.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

As usual, I agree fully with you SaniaFan. I am a bit biased for him due to his early work. But, you are right, he is not the same anymore.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

He is a populist crook. Bankrupt the state with subsidies to win elections, and then eventually hand it to the next party to fix things.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

He is no special crook. They are all there to enjoy power.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Nobody fixes things. They keep looting. The subsidies I totally disagree though. In a country with not much fossil fuels, providing electricity subsidy encouraging people to waste more is stupid.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

I am still fine with electricity subsidy. It is 200 units which is fans and tube light kind of limit for a family. If you go beyond that(luxury) than you have to pay full(including the first 200). I don't find it any different from LPG subsidy.
I am more against giving free laptops and scooties and television set and what not.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Ah, then the electricity subsidy is fine. The others are of course nonsense.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Been almost a month. Kejriwal hasn't been arrested yet
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

AAP hits campaign trail in Delhi over excise ‘referendum’

“So far, the people we have talked to say that CM Arvind Kejriwal has done a lot of work for the public. The chief minister has provided free electricity, water, healthcare, and education, facilitated bus travel for women, and pilgrimage trips for the elderly. So he should not resign but run the government from jail. People also firmly said that these arrests are happening under an agenda,” said Rai.

The campaign was launched in anticipation of Enforcement Directorate action against the Delhi chief minister in connection with the agency’s probe into alleged irregularities in Delhi excise policy case.

The agency, in one of its charge sheets filed in the case said the excise policy was Kejriwal’s “brainchild”, and summoned him for questioning on November 2. Kejriwal dismissed the summons as illegal, and skipped the summons, saying the agency didn’t clarify whether he was called as witness or accused, as Delhi CM or the AAP chief.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/d ... 95819.html