Asian Games Golf, 2023

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

Vee
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Asian Games Golf, 2023

Post by Vee »

Hi all,

India is fielding 7 golfers (4 men and 3 women) at the 2023 Asian Games golf tournament that is being played in China from September 28 thru October 1. This includes men's and women's individual and team events.

I believe the tournament has started. Does anyone know if there is any live scoring and/or live TV for these events in different parts of the world?

Thanks in advance.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Asian Games Golf, 2023

Post by sameerph »

Welcome to the forum, Vee. Keep posting. I moved those posts of yours to Asian games general thread where are discussing Asian games related posts-

Asian games thread
Vee

Post by Vee »

Thanks, sameer.
Vee

Post by Vee »

btw, sameer, since there is a topic called "Tennis at Asian Games 2023" in the dedicated Tennis section, I thought we could have one for Golf at Asian Games in the dedicated Golf section so that the Golf enthusiasts don't have to go anywhere else.

Also, since you moved my posts to the Asian Games section, it is not clear from my posts there that they are for Golf, and I am unable to edit them (or send message to you directly).
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Usually we have separate threads only for Tennis or Hockey were the discussion usually runs into pages. For other sports, we discuss in the Asian games thread.

But, feel free to post updates here as well as in Asian games thread as many members are only visiting that thread for Asian games updates.
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Just change the subject to Golf at Asian Games 23
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

sameerph wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:21 am Usually we have separate threads only for Tennis or Hockey were the discussion usually runs into pages. For other sports, we discuss in the Asian games thread.

But, feel free to post updates here as well as in Asian games thread as many members are only visiting that thread for Asian games updates.
I’d rather not and I wasn’t aware of the decision that tennis and hockey have their own threads even at Asian games etc. I’d rather keep all tennis discussion here and request at least don’t tinker with golf now.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

sameerph wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:00 am Welcome to the forum, Vee. Keep posting. I moved those posts of yours to Asian games general thread where are discussing Asian games related posts-
Asian games thread
Sameer, it looks like this thread's posts aren't merged to the general Asian Games thread yes, and both threads have golf posts now. Are we keeping it for now? Then maybe we can leave a link in the Asiad thread and move the few Golf posts from there to this thread. I am okay either way.

I added "Golf" to the thread title. (Mod, Jay)
Vee

Post by Vee »

rajitghosh wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:56 am Just change the subject to Golf at Asian Games 23
That was a great suggestion, Rajit, and thank you to jayakris for implementing it by adding the word golf to the topic name!
Vee

Post by Vee »

Atithee wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:25 am
sameerph wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:21 am Usually we have separate threads only for Tennis or Hockey were the discussion usually runs into pages. For other sports, we discuss in the Asian games thread.

I’d rather not and I wasn’t aware of the decision that tennis and hockey have their own threads even at Asian games etc. I’d rather keep all tennis discussion here and request at least don’t tinker with golf now.
Atithee, thank you for your feedback, but you did make me google the word "tinker" to make sure I understood what you meant in this context :) According to the Chambers online dictionary, it means "to make small changes to something, especially in an attempt to repair or improve it". And by that I think you meant to keep this topic going in the golf forum and not to change or alter its content. But let me know if I misunderstood.
Vee

Post by Vee »

jayakris wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:36 pm
sameerph wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:00 am Welcome to the forum, Vee. Keep posting. I moved those posts of yours to Asian games general thread where are discussing Asian games related posts-
Asian games thread
Sameer, it looks like this thread's posts aren't merged to the general Asian Games thread yes, and both threads have golf posts now. Are we keeping it for now? Then maybe we can leave a link in the Asiad thread and move the few Golf posts from there to this thread. I am okay either way.

I added "Golf" to the thread title. (Mod, Jay)
Thanks Jayakris for your thoughts on this.

Based on all the responses so far, here is my suggestion:
  • Bring all of the golf related posts from the other broader Asian Games forum to this topic in the Golf forum (per jayakris' suggestion, and Atithee's comment to not tinker :))
  • Leave prajgolf's end of day golf scores in the broader Asian Games forum AND add them to this forum, per Kumar's suggestion (I don't think there is any harm in duplicating just the scores as long as we have any related discussions in this golf forum
  • After the 4 rounds are over, post the final result in both forums for the sake of preserving the content for historical purposes
Sameer, does that work?
Last edited by Vee on Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vee

Post by Vee »

BTW, Women's 2nd round is in progress as I write, and Aditi Ashok has taken the lead all be herself! I know it is way too early to predict anything, but it is good to see that she is in fine form (she just EAGLED the par-4 5th!!)

Due to Aditi's efforts, India is now tied for 2nd in the team event, but again, it's too early to get too excited :)
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Avani with a much needed birdie. I am assuming we need all 3 to make the cut for the team medal (can vee or praj confirm this?)
arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by arjun2761 »

I’m pretty sure these are no cut events. In each round, they appear to be counting the top 2 women per team and top 3 men per team for tallying the team score but not sure about it.

Update: seems like they are counting scores in the aggregate for the team competition. Top 2 women and top 3 men.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

There are cuts - top 20 amongst the women, see here.

https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/en/results ... 00200-.htm