What are your thoughts on the recent Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade?

This forum is to post any breaking news and news articles

Moderator: Moderators

playinexchange112
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

What are your thoughts on the recent Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade?

Post by playinexchange112 »

The recent Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade has sparked a lot of debate and controversy. Some people believe that this is a victory for the pro-life movement, while others believe that it is a setback for women's rights.

I'm interested to hear what people on this forum think about this decision. Do you agree with the Supreme Court's decision? Why or why not? What do you think the implications of this decision will be?

I'm also interested in hearing from people who have been affected by this decision personally. If you have had an abortion, or if you know someone who has, I would love to hear your story.

This is a complex issue with no easy answers. I hope that this forum can be a place for respectful and constructive discussion.

Here are some additional points that you can discuss in your forum post:

The history of Roe v. Wade and the abortion debate in the United States.
The legal and moral arguments for and against abortion.
The impact of the Supreme Court decision on women's rights and healthcare access.
The potential for protests and demonstrations in response to the decision.
The future of the abortion debate in the United States.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: What are your thoughts on the recent Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade?

Post by prasen9 »

Or not. This is, after all, the Sports India forum.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: What are your thoughts on the recent Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade?

Post by jayakris »

^^^ Yes. Indians' opinion on that would be irrelevant, if at all anybody has an opinion. If it were a Row versus Wade debate, I would say rowing is easier than wading in water - if you have a boat, that is.
Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Omkara »

I won't get in the water today! (Or the debate)
srini

Post by srini »

Let me 'Test the waters before taking the Dip'. This Roe Vs Wade is an old case pending in US court which was overturned now? Pregnancies due to rape and the ones due to mutual consent but out of wedlock which the women want to terminate if the relationship with partner soured are probably major chunk of reason for termination. I can see some reason for ban in such cases as i understand conservatives pov about the moral considerations of 'eliminating the right to life' for the unborn baby. But there are more pressing reasons for termination and i feel it should never be denied in the 1st place are the ones in which some kind of birth defects are diagonised like down syndrome for example during pre natal wellness screening tests. Are such terminations also banned in US now? If so i would think US has regressed a lot from the time i left USA in 2011.