Asian games Hockey, 2023

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Asian games Hockey, 2023

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Saffron Lenin

Re: Asian champions trophy

Post by Saffron Lenin »

jayakris wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:45 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:37 am I think this tournament is nail in the coffin for Akashdeep singh, he will not be selected for Asian games!!! Most probably, Abhishek will replace him!!!
Aren't you being overly optimistic?
Aakashdeep is not selected for asian games!!!!

I have told you naa!! told you naa!!! told you naa!!!

Current team for asian games is :

Abhishek, Gurjant Singh, Hardik Singh, Harmanpreet Singh, Jarmanpreet Singh, Mandeep Singh, Manpreet Singh, Sanjay, Shamsher Singh, Sukhjeet Singh, Sumit, Varun Kumar, PR Sreejesh, Krishan Bahadur Pathak, Vivek Sagar Prasad, Amit Rohidas, Nilakanta Sharma, Lalit Kumar Upadhyay

https://olympics.com/en/news/indian-ath ... 2-hangzhou
ssp

Post by ssp »

Good riddance for Akashdeep. Please don't bring him back....ever.

However, the lunacy of the selectors continues. Karthi (who has been arguably our best forward) is dropped for Lalit (who has been underwhelming for several years). I think I predicted he would be dropped whilst Mandeep would stay.

Dilpreet and Simranjeet missing and no chances for Raheel or Pawan Rajbar.

The only positive is Sanjay coming back in. Perhaps, he'll be given some PC strikes, especially as Jugraj has been dropped.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:41 am
jayakris wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:45 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:37 am I think this tournament is nail in the coffin for Akashdeep singh, he will not be selected for Asian games!!! Most probably, Abhishek will replace him!!!
Aren't you being overly optimistic?
Aakashdeep is not selected for asian games!!!!
I have told you naa!! told you naa!!! told you naa!!!
Yaa you told me!!! yaa you told me!!! yaa you told me!!! :notworthy:

So Rajiv's unabashed, unequivocal, unmerciful and unmitigated unleashing of understandable unhappiness over his unquestionable unworthiness that he would still get an unfair, undeserved, unjust, and unmerited lifeline was unprecise, and your unmovable and unfettered optimism was unimpeachably not unrealistic.

Let the celebrations begin! Akashdeep is gone :) [Poor fellow; we are having a ball with his misfortune]
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

^^Not Rajiv’s. It was ssp.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ No it was Rajiv who said he would get an "unfair, undeserved, unjust, unmerited lifeline" from that last minute goal (last page).

Of course ssp has been saying similar things about Akashdeep for a long time - like 25 years, it would seem!
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

^^^^ yeah, it was Rajiv.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

So, who are the worst players still there in the team in your opinion? In order, or partial order. Let's have a poll. :-)
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

prasen9 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:14 pm So, who are the worst players still there in the team in your opinion? In order, or partial order. Let's have a poll. :-)
I think selectors make a big blunder by not choosing S.Karthi!!!! Worst selection is to pick up Lalit instead of S.Karthi ( in my opionion )
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

ssp wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:40 am
However, the lunacy of the selectors continues. Karthi (who has been arguably our best forward) is dropped for Lalit (who has been underwhelming for several years). I think I predicted he would be dropped whilst Mandeep would stay.

Dilpreet and Simranjeet missing and no chances for Raheel or Pawan Rajbar.

The only positive is Sanjay coming back in. Perhaps, he'll be given some PC strikes, especially as Jugraj has been dropped.
I am also aghast that Karthi is dropped. He and Dilpreet should have been there instead of Lalit and Mandeep. Otherwise looks a fair team ?
ssp

Post by ssp »

Yes, Karthi + Dilpreet in for Lalit and Mandeep. I'd also drop Shamsher and bring back Simranjeet (a big star at Tokyo and 2016 JWC) and move out Varun Kumar and play Manpreet in defence and get Vishnukanth into midfield. Pawan Rajbar for Gurjant. So 5 poor selections. That's better than usual! :p
Last edited by ssp on Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ssp

Post by ssp »

So, who are the worst players still there in the team in your opinion? In order, or partial order. Let's have a poll. :-)
Mandeep wins by a country mile!
Others that don't really deserve selection (in no particular order) are Shamsher, Varun Kumar, Lalit, Jarmanpreet & Mandeep Mor (not picked here but playing in the Asian 5s championship)

I'm not convinced that Akashdeep is out of the picture!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

ssp wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:48 am
Mandeep wins by a country mile!
Others that don't really deserve selection (in no particular order) are Shamsher, Varun Kumar, Lalit, Jarmanpreet & Mandeep Mor (not picked here but playing in the Asian 5s championship)

I'm not convinced that Akashdeep is out of the picture!
Aakashdeep is done and dusted. I will be hugely surprised if they select him after the tournament.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

What is most depressing to see is that S. karthi is not selected!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Such a good forward player with extremely good performance yet not selected by selection committee. :damn:
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

ssp wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 am Yes, Karthi + Dilpreet in for Lalit and Mandeep. I'd also drop Shamsher and bring back Simranjeet (a big star at Tokyo and 2016 JWC) and move out Varun Kumar and play Manpreet in defence and get Vishnukanth into midfield. Pawan Rajbar for Gurjant. So 5 poor selections. That's better than usual! :p
5 out of 18 is more than 1/4th of the team. :roll: Still if we win gold and qualify for olympics we are really good.