Priyanshu Rajawat thread

Moderator: Moderators

chaitanya_wankhede
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Priyanshu Rajawat thread

Post by chaitanya_wankhede »

Winning the super 300 @ Orleans France in the year 2023 has suddenly catapulted Priyanshu Rajawat into the spotlight.
This topic board is to talk about his achievements, his strengths, and weaknesses, and his game in general.

Do join in and have fun!
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Priyanshu Rajawat thread

Post by prasen9 »

I have joined but there is no fun here. Pray tell us: about his achievements, his strengths, and weaknesses, and his game in general.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

chaitanya_wankhede wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:11 am Winning the super 300 @ Orleans France in the year 2023 has suddenly catapulted Priyanshu Rajawat into the spotlight.
This topic board is to talk about his achievements, his strengths, and weaknesses, and his game in general.
Chaitanya, what did you want to discuss, about Priyanshu?
suresh

Post by suresh »

It is probably better to convert this into a Priyanshu Rajawat thread.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Actually, if Chaitanya doesn't show up (which means he might have posted this with some other ulterior motive), we may as well delete the thread itself. I am not sure Priyanshu has shown enough results consistently to start a thread on him (right?)... But if you all feel we should keep the thread, we can.
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

I think we should keep the thread. This guy just won a Super 300 equivalent to a high level challenger or a low level ATP250 event. He is young and is a hope for the future in singles. Our singles looks pretty depleted now with most of the players struggling.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Sounds good to me. Let us keep the thread. Renamed it as the "thread" rather than "sensation" and all that :)
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

The reason why individual threads are less common in badminton is because everyone almost plays the same.tournament. As such we have more tournament threads that individual ones as compared to tennis.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

I suspect most players that travel to these tournaments are sponsored or funded by the federations or governments, so they likely travel together with national coaches etc. Badminton, even though it has some prize money, is still more akin to an Olympic sport than a professional sport.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Chaitanya may have been legit but it smelled like some of the threads that spammers start. So, I wanted to ask him what exactly he wanted to discuss. anyway, let's keep the thread and see where it goes. If he goes nowhere, we can always merge it back to the main badminton thread.
srini

Post by srini »

arjun2761 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:46 pm Badminton, even though it has some prize money, is still more akin to an Olympic sport than a professional sport.
That's true. Badminton is more akin to Olympic sport and for the same reason an Olympic medal is considered the ultimate prize. The world championships is next and then come Super-1000,750,500 and 300 in decreasing order. When people discuss and debate about which player can be considered GOAT, then they use above order for comparing.

I am not sure why Tennis doesn't have a world championship which can decide things like who can be considered the GOAT player! Probably surface is the reason? Hard, Grass or Clay, which surface are you going to use if one is hold World championships in Tennis?? isn't it?

Its also worth noting that though mixed nationality pairings are allowed for badminton tournaments other than Olympics, its highly uncommon to see such pairings probably due to sponsorship and funding issues. Comparing the tournaments in both sports, both have Men's and Women's team championships. Tennis has Davis cup for Men, Billie Jean King for Women. Badminton has Thomas and Uber cup but also a tournament like Asian badminton championship which has all 5 type of events - MS,WS, MD,WD and MXD. Probably Tennis can borrow the concept have one such a tournament which would tell the true depth of sport in both genders for a country.
ornatebrute

Post by ornatebrute »

Tennis analogue for Sudirman Cup would be the United Cup. Previously they did have the Hopman Cup too.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

People in India have less knowledge in tennis than badminton!!!! We need more awareness about Tennis in country!!!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

^^^ True. India has very few tennis courts but a lot of badminton courts all over the place, and a lot of kids (probably 5 or 10 times as many) try their hands at badminton than tennis.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Tennis is a kind of sports of elite in our country. In my hometown, the only place where I see a tennis court is at St Peters school...Most of the kids on street play cricket, badminton, volleyball or even basketball, but I never saw kids playing tennis in Park or garden....
Even you can see kids playing hockey on grass in interior parts of country, especially in jharkhand, odisha, varanasi ( I first time played hockey in varanasi), you will rarely see average child playing tennis!!!!

P.S: It's off topic discussion as it is forum for badminton :Offtopic: