What tips and techniques would you offer to a beginner player?

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

symakhan
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by symakhan »

Hey Guys

I am a sports enthusiast and one of my favourite sports is tennis. This amazing sport requires skill and strategy, as well as physical endurance. Tennis is a great way to stay fit and have fun at the same time. It has been around for many years and continues to grow in popularity with both amateur and professional athletes alike. the game consists of two players competing against each other to hit a small, hollow rubber ball over a net. I have played the game since a young age and it has helped me become more active in other sports as well.

As now I want to join my local tennis club, I am here to ask for advice from those who have been playing the game for many years.

What should I look for in terms of equipment, courts, and other necessary supplies?

How can I become more competitive in the sport?

Where can I get coupons and deals for tennis-related products?

I am excited to explore the game further and eager to learn from your expertise!
Saffron Lenin

Re: What tips and techniques would you offer to a beginner player?

Post by Saffron Lenin »

I have never played tennis in my life and don't know much about it....That's why I have never commented on this section of forum....I am eager to know a little bit about it and how can I start playing it as I know nobody in my locality playing it!!!!!!
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Is there a tennis court accessible where you can go?
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:47 am I have never played tennis in my life and don't know much about it....That's why I have never commented on this section of forum....I am eager to know a little bit about it and how can I start playing it as I know nobody in my locality playing it!!!!!!
The best way to learn is to find a wall and play against it. Ideally, ones made for this purpose. If none available, any tall wall will do. You need a racket and some tennis balls, obviously.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:47 am I have never played tennis in my life and don't know much about it....That's why I have never commented on this section of forum....
That should never stop you from following tennis and commeting in the forum. I had never played tennis or owned a racket when I started the LP-MB fanclub and then tennisindia.org, and started acting like I knew everything about tennis :)
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Atithee wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:06 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:47 am I have never played tennis in my life and don't know much about it....That's why I have never commented on this section of forum....I am eager to know a little bit about it and how can I start playing it as I know nobody in my locality playing it!!!!!!
The best way to learn is to find a wall and play against it. Ideally, ones made for this purpose. If none available, any tall wall will do. You need a racket and some tennis balls, obviously.
Needless to say, the wall has to be relatively groove/crack-less, that is the reflection is a true reflection and is not random. The cracked/rough wall may be for advanced doubles netplay practice ;-) And, if you can, take a chalk and draw a line at about the height of a net. You are set.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

That you guys....you are witty as well as motivating at same time!!!! :bounce:
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Work with a coach sooner rather than later. Otherwise, you will have unlearn your poor technique to get better….
imranwaheed21

Post by imranwaheed21 »

By follow these steps you become good player .Learn the basic rules,Get the right equipment,Practice regularly,Focus on footwork,Master the basic strokes,Start with slow, controlled shots,Practice your serves,Watch and learn from others,Play with different opponents,Stay positive and patient,Stay hydrated and warm up,oin a tennis club or take lessons,
gunsnroses

Post by gunsnroses »

A good coach (preferably someone older) and a wall! Do a lot of shadow practice. That's how I learnt.
gunsnroses

Post by gunsnroses »

Venus Williams has started giving tips on playing tennis. Saw a couple of videos and they looked quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/@VenusWilliams
rajitghosh

Post by rajitghosh »

Is it better to use a 16x19 racket or an 18x20 racket? Any recommendations for either of these? I use a Babolat Pure Strike 18x20 racket. While I love it I find it a little heavy.