India in England, summer of 2021

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: India in England, summer of 2021

Post by prasen9 »

arjun2761 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:52 pm
PKBasu wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:51 am Sorry I've been away, although posting a lot on cricket and tennis on my FB page :-) (our forum is only available for me using a particular laptop on which my password for SI is saved; I've forgotten the password, so cannot log in using other devices).
:Offtopic: PKB, you can always go to the settings in most browsers to see what the stored passwords are. In Chrome, for instance, you'd click on the Autofill button.
I recently migrated my mobile phone from Android to iOS and found that my laptop browser had the most recent passwords for most of my apps which I needed since the migration tool did not migrate the apps from Android to iOS.
I do the same but as we all know this, of course, comes with a risk. If wherever you are storing your passwords is hacked, and the passwords are not super-encrypted (not a technical term :-)) then your passwords are compromised. It may be a good idea to add 1-3 letters related to each website to your password at the end if you are using the same password at different places. For example, I would consider adding "s" or "si" to my standard password when making a password to get in here.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I think I have seen enough of Gill. We need to drop him or play him in the MO. He is not really that good. The problem is we hype certain people too much. Is he talented? Yes. Is it possible that in 15 years I may have to eat my words that he is not that good? Yes, possible. But the chances are more that he will be a failure with his technical flaws than him being a success. So, let us send him back to the A-team with instructions to fix his batting.

Kohli needs to be dropped to light a fire under his bum. He has been taking things for granted for long in SENA. Nothing like a dropping. See Pujara.

Pujara has earned the right to be back.

Vihari is the one I am on a fence. He has shades of what it takes but not the whole package. He has been a failure thus far but can he cut it? Maybe. I would not mind dropping him but I do not mind giving him one more series abroad.

Iyer needs a few more series before we chuck him out. There is no more shame in being bounced out than being out snicking outside the offstump. He did do better by about 10%, which is marginal than the other batters than Pujara. But, he needs to produce too. This is really his first test abroad after RSA and he gets one game here and one game there. So, let us give him two series in SENA.

Mayank? Has terrible technical flaws too. Maybe the backup opener for now although I'd prefer Shaw or someone else given a chance to open.

Why is Rahane not taking the Pujara route and playing county cricket? Nobody wants him?
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Shambolic bowling effort again in the 4th innings -- and awful captaincy. What is the point of going defensive if you want to win a test (and the opposition has ample time to score the runs)? Bumrah should have set attacking fields relentlessly, and gone for wickets. Spreading the field created fewer wicket-taking chances, and actually continued leaking runs.

Uphill task today. Near-insurmountable, unless we attack from the start.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

How bare are our batting coffers that we are talking about Rahane again!!! Sad but this is how it is.

We need to give chance to Sarfaraz. He is scoring mountain of runs in domestics. Bring Prithvi back.

Also, why our bowling is not able to defend in 4th innings? I think we desperately need a good wrist spinner. Jadeja was useless as a bowler here. I am not too confident about Ashwin also. We need a Kuldeep or some other wrist spinner. No way Shane Warne or Murali would have lost this against England from this position. I know they are great bowlers but ours was a non entity here.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

What a horrendous defeat. Our captain and bowlers had no ideas at all, and the captain ludicrously under-bowled himself. We missed Ashwin, and how!! (And say it softly, we may also have missed Ishant...). The decision to play Shardul Thakur based on his form last year was asinine.

I have to say that Ganguly's antics last year in getting rid of Kohli as captain have been a massive failure, including destroying the confidence and ability of one of our greatest-ever batsmen.
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Dravid's defensive approach is failing at every stage. Test team build by Shastri & Kohli is falling apart now.I am not seeing any bright stuffs under Dravid's tenure
Rajkumar Sharma

Our test cricket was in concern after 2020 series win in Australia. Since then too much worst steps taken by the BCCI

- Full Attention given to IPL like inceasing teams, media rights etc

- Did'nt bothered of loss when Ranji Trophy our prime four day domestic format did'nt took place for two years, when domestic was going on in full flow normally in other countries

-Finished Duleep Trophy another four day tournament where plenty of upcomming domestic stars used to play and perform for making into India A team

- No India A tours since 2021, where new players comes out as a replacement of senior players
Rajkumar Sharma

There is no answer from the board why talents like Kuldeep, Gill,Sundar, Natarajan, Deepak Chahar now Rahul & Rohit are so much injury prone and missing important series. BCCI claims they have top class NCA & fitness consultants, then why these guys were in & out of the series over last 1-2 years. Its high time now to send some big names back to domestic and reward the current domestic performers

2 points were penalised from India for slow over rate. BCCI should applead to ICC for this reduction as first 3 days were interrupted by rain and no rules was maintained as per time is concerned
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

No Rahane unless he does a Pujara and goes to a SENA country and performs well in their domestics of A-team tours. Driavid was never a very good captain. His ideal role is that of a National Academy director, technical director and not as a captain/coach.

Instead of asking ad-hoc questions first such as why our players are getting injured before important series, we should first check whether our players are getting injured more often and who among our players is and how does that correlate with their fitness standards, regimen, etc. A wholesale analysis is needed.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Could a moderator please change the title of this thread (to "...summer of 2021 and 2022").

India won the first T20I by a considerable margin, with Hardik Pandya starring with bat and ball. Bhuvi bowled 3 terrific overs for 1/10. He should have played the test! He makes the ball curve all over in England.
Rajkumar Sharma

Selectors should end automatic choice of Pant's selection in shorter format. All things he have done is in test, and no one will dare to question his spot in test format. Playing T20Is from 2017 and 5 years is enough opportunity for a player to cement his spot which he has failed to capitalize. More he plays now it will be harsh on others.
Rajkumar Sharma

Team Management does "Karun Nair" with Deepak Hooda. No difference between Ishan Kishan & Pant despite opening, approach is quite similar. SKY again throws it away, never seen him carrying the innings when team is under trouble, he is similar to others who exploits when team makes good start
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Good win by India. The Rahul-Pant start put us in the drivers seat with the pacers then closing the deal. Jadeja shepherded the rest of the batting. Kohli continues to struggle.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:16 pm Team Management does "Karun Nair" with Deepak Hooda. No difference between Ishan Kishan & Pant despite opening, approach is quite similar. SKY again throws it away, never seen him carrying the innings when team is under trouble, he is similar to others who exploits when team makes good start
Raj, I appreciate your viewpoint, but do you ever have something positive to say? It’s not a black and white situation. Please find some positivity in your thought process too. Something must be going right.
indiansportsfan

Post by indiansportsfan »

Contrary to Mr Raj and Prasen's views, I actually think Pant is the best batsman we have in this format as well. Seriously, who would you rate better than him today in the current form? It seems a brilliant move to get him to open, and I hope Rahul's return from injury does not jeopardize our opening combination.

The concern I have is that we seem to have only 3 decent batsmen in Pant, Rohit and SKY. Kohli seems to be in decline, Pandya seems to have lost his former explosive form, and Karthik is finding it hard to replicate his IPL form to top class international level. We need to give chances to Tripathi and Hooda.

Similarly on the bowling front, we seem to have only 3 decent bowlers in Bumrah, Chahal and Bhuvi (the latter only for opening). Pandya and Jadeja just about fulfill #5 bowler's quota, and we don't have a decent #4 bowler. Harshal is in the team only because he can bat a bit, but he needs to seriously work on his bowling. I hope Arshdeep or someone else are given chances as well.