National Cricket Team Players (India)

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: National Cricket Team Players (India)

Post by prasen9 »

Jadeja is, of course, a brilliant cricketer, and one of our all time greats. However, some of his failings really annoys me. His disappearance in the second innings of a test match with the bat is one. That may be at least something that is a bit hard to manage and one may assign it to lack of skill instead of it being mental.

But this? No balls
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Compared to Ashwin who also bowled lot of no balls after rule change. But has made adjustments
Ashwin has bowled only 10 no-balls in his career, all coming within five consecutive series between 2021 and 2022.
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... 4031/lite/
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

There is a difference between 10 and 50. Also, Jadeja bowls 1-2 in T20Is and IPL and a handful in ODIs over many, many overs. If he can control his no-balls there, it is a matter of him not caring. Human beings are complicated. Jadeja will throw his body to save a run because he enjoys and values saving a run on the field and gets a kick out of it. Jadeja the test bowler does not care to control his foot when bowling because he does not care about no-balls. There is no other explanation as to why the rate of bowling no-balls in tests is so much higher than his own rate in T20s. That is why Rohit quipped to him to think as if he is bowling in the IPL.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

So, our next home series is 2 tests against Bangladesh and 3 against New Zealand. I would have loved to see 1 test against Bangladesh and 4 against New Zealand. Before we go for a five test series in Australia. Next summer we have five tests against England. These two tours in Australia and England will shape our next generation of batters and bowlers .Whoever succeeds will perhaps get the incumbent throne and can milk it in home tests, etc. and become a long-timer, i.e., over 50-70 tests, etc. if we continue playing that many tests.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Why is Musheer Khan not being fast tracked into the national team? We need a top order bat and a capable bowler like him desperately. Double in quarter, half in semis, and century in final. We shouldn’t waste too much time going through the baptism and letting “seniors” call
their own time.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

The nearest comp is Jadeja, left-hand spinner, allrounder. You want him to replace old Jadeja? Or whom do you want to drop for him?

For the record, I would be fine dropping all four Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja, and Ashwin. But, I would be fine with all of them going to Australia too. Kohli is the one who is perhaps hard to replace abroad.

For the home series, we can drop all four and still win. It will be hard without Jadeja and Ashwin, but, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Shami/Siraj can lead the home attack. If he is a generational talent, get Musheer. I am on board.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Thakur has that intangible and seems to deliver. That semifinals against TN , Mumbai probably done if not for Thakur’s innings.

Munsher Khan is an interesting prospect. He has delivered in the biggest stage at Ranji. Should be in A team . Not sure if he is ready to replace Jadeja, but may have case over Axar in test
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Well, Atithee was calling a senior to be replaced by Musheer. Axar is middle-aged. So, I was wondering if he thinks the senior - Jadeja should be dropped. Or, otherwise, what exactly he is calling for?
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

I didn’t say who should be dropped; my reference to seniors was to not waste time trying to have Musheer and similar players wait too long for a place to open. I’m indifferent to who needs to make room for a player with Musheer like true all around ability that are in short supply.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

We can say whatever we want. But, in order for something to make a bit more sense, everytime we ask for a player to be in the team XI or XV, or whatever, we should actually have the burden for dropping someone. Otherwise, it becomes a fantasy exercise. This is not against you. You did say that you don't care who is dropped.So, he would replace one of Rohit, Kohli, Jadeja, and Ashwin, the really old ones in this team. Going by fit, it would be Jadeja.

I am too in favor of dropping the seniors if we think the junior is ready. We need to be careful we do not hype the player too much up before he is ready. See what happened to Umraan, a bit to Avesh, etc. I would fast-track such players and if like in the case of SRT, the people who watch these players are absolutely flabbergasted, then we should push them into the national team.

Note that Musheer is an all-rounder in paper. The team did not have faith in his bowling and did not bowl him much. So, right now, what we know is that he is a fabulous batsman at the national level. I say this because we have had people come in through their junior days doing both and then they stop doing one thing and specialize. Rohit was an allrounder and Ashwin was a batsman in the junior days.

I would have A-team tours all year around instead increasing the pay for test matches, Jay Shah. The national team players are already flush with money. We are trying to incentivize them to play tests? Do that by some disciplinary measures. The first thing we should pay for is year-round A-team tours.

Send the A-team to Australia now. Let us find out a prior who is the best among our next generation. Do that during the T20I WC. That way we have good information about people's capability.
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Even Lara feels there is a concern for India in taking care of pacers with raw pace
https://crictoday.com/cricket/daily-cri ... ank-yadav/
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Why "even" Lara? Lara understands cricket pretty well.
Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Thatswhy he is Lara, who asked BCCI to manage his skills.. not any nonsense who thinks Umran is rubbish and should'nt make in any teams.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

lol
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Post deleted.
Last edited by Atithee on Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.