Junior Indian Hockey - men and women

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Junior Indian Hockey - men and women

Post by Saffron Lenin »

The 9th edition of the Men’s Junior Asia Cup is set to take place in Salalah, Oman. The Cup will start on the 23rd May and conclude on 1st June 2023 as announced by the Asian Hockey Federation.
http://www.asiahockey.org/news/mens-jun ... -may-2023/
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Men’s Junior Asia Cup 2023 Groups:

Pool A
India, Pakistan, Japan, Thailand, and Chinese Taipei

Pool B
South Korea, Malaysia, Oman, Bangladesh, and Uzbekistan
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Hockey India names team for Men’s Junior Asia Cup in Oman

India Squad:

Goalkeepers: Mohith H S, Himwaan Sihag
Defenders: Shardanand Tiwari, Rohit, Amandeep Lakra, Amir Ali, Yogember Rawat
Midfielders: Vishnukant Singh, Rajinder Singh, Poovanna C B, Amandeep, Sunit Lakra
Forwards: Boby Singh Dhami (VC), Araijeet Singh Hundal, Aditya Lalage, Uttam Singh (C), Sudeep Chirmako and Angad Bir Singh

“We have a fairly experienced team with some of the players also having made their Senior debut in the recent tournaments. Winning the Sultan of Johor Cup was a big motivating factor and the team is very well prepared for this tournament,” said Indian junior men’s coach CR Kumar, in a media release.

https://telanganatoday.com/hockey-india ... up-in-oman
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Yogember Rawat always causes me to Remember Yogurt (when grocery shopping). :-)
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

prasen9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:54 am Yogember Rawat always causes me to Remember Yogurt (when grocery shopping). :-)
Is it a joke?
;) ;) ;)
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:40 pm
prasen9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:54 am Yogember Rawat always causes me to Remember Yogurt (when grocery shopping). :-)
Is it a joke?
;) ;) ;)
No. A mnemonic. You see, we human beings, forget things unless there is a story. So, my story is to say what am I forgetting to get from the grocery store? And, then I remember the hockey player. Yogember Rawat - ah, I need to remember yogurt! Never forget it again.

Similarly, when I am near Kampala, I always think of Amandeep Lakra, whose name is an anagram of Kampala neared - check it out.

But the best is Sudeep Chirmako. He is madhouse picker. Or pudic shoemaker (pudic means ashamed). Anagrams are fun.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

prasen9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 pm
Saffron Lenin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:40 pm
Is it a joke?
;) ;) ;)
No. A mnemonic. You see, we human beings, forget things unless there is a story. So, my story is to say what am I forgetting to get from the grocery store? And, then I remember the hockey player. Yogember Rawat - ah, I need to remember yogurt! Never forget it again.

Similarly, when I am near Kampala, I always think of Amandeep Lakra, whose name is an anagram of Kampala neared - check it out.

But the best is Sudeep Chirmako. He is madhouse picker. Or pudic shoemaker (pudic means ashamed). Anagrams are fun.

Ok👏
ssp

Post by ssp »

A 3-1 win over Japan in our 2nd pool match of the Junior Asia Cup. Made hard work of it. Lots of possession and attacks but slightly lacking once inside the opposition D. PC conversion rate could be better. 1st pool match v Chinese Taipei followed a similar pattern, even though we won 18-0! ;) Pakistan next. let's hope we are more ruthless against them.
ssp

Post by ssp »

Drew 1-1 v Pakistan. This is pretty poor stuff against a team that spends about 10% of our hockey budget. I wasn't too impressed with our displays in the first 2 matches. So many silly basic skill errors, pathetic PC conversion rate and some players who simply don't look good enough.

I think we'll struggle to win this tournament as Malaysia or South Korea are better than Pakistan
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

ssp wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:59 pm Drew 1-1 v Pakistan. This is pretty poor stuff against a team that spends about 10% of our hockey budget. I wasn't too impressed with our displays in the first 2 matches. So many silly basic skill errors, pathetic PC conversion rate and some players who simply don't look good enough.

I think we'll struggle to win this tournament as Malaysia or South Korea are better than Pakistan
I think they came under pressure against Pakistan due to large crowd support(from both India and Pakistan). We should not forget they win sultan johor cup last year which also includes England and Australia.
It could be a blessing in disguise as they can improve the game for finals against Pakistan.
(Personally, I think Pakistan is going to be favourite against Malaysia; Malaysia really struggled against Oman in their last match where they win by just 1 goal and that too came in last quarter.)
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Today, India will play semi-final against Korea at 8 pm IST.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Half time: India 2- korea 0.
Good pressure maintained by Team India
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

India beats Korea 9-1 and enter the finals of junior asia cup 2023 to defend its title.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Wow, do not remember any of our hockey teams beating a Korean team by that scoreline - senior or junior. That is really good.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

sameerph wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:10 pm Wow, do not remember any of our hockey teams beating a Korean team by that scoreline - senior or junior. That is really good.
Yes, I watch the whole game. India junior team played beautifully. Till the half time, game was kind of going equal in intensity(India was 2-0 up) but third quarter is the one where Korea's moral break down when Boby Dhami just steal the ball from lone defender in the D and hit a beautiful goal. India hit four goals in 3rd and three goals in 4th quarter.