India A Series ....

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: India A Series ....

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kumar wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:36 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:38 am Saini has become permanent India A member like once Manish Pandey was, has been getting lots of opportunity but has failed to give any impact. Why not Akash Singh, Kartik Tyagi, Rasikh Salam are not getting this sort of automatic selections. What happened to Mukesh Choudhary ?
keep pulling names out of hats like a magician . Salam has not played red ball cricket since 2019. Granted he was banned for age fudging. That was two years back. If he is really good he should be part of JK state team. They have a bowler with 41 average in their FC team , but no Salam. Is he being blackballed?
So your magic is about picking a bowler who plays 1/2 matches in Ranji Trophy and make him permanent member of India A. Since 2020, Saini have 't played a full season for Delhi in domestic so what mistake others have done for their non selection. Banned cricketers have performed in domestic & IPL, they are not serving lifetime ban. There are plenty of red ball bowlers who have done well then Saini but they are not picked.
Kumar wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:36 pm Karthik Tyagi average in FC is 35. On what basis u want him selected?
Does he intentionally skipped domestic cricket ?Team management used him as net bowler in all SENA tours in last 4 years and made him unavailable for domestic. So, why is he overlooked for mistake not committed by him, whereas other net bowlers had the test cap
Rajkumar Sharma

One negetivity in every case of ICC events has destroyed your whole positivity since 2014, hope the state again ended in neutral. Win all league matches and get thrashed in knockouts.....such positivity has got zero recognition. T20 WC 2024 on the way...hope you again shift from neutral to positive

Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Karthik Tyagi was a net bowler in Australia 2020. Did he get selected as net bowler during 2022 Ranji season? Why was he not part of 2022 Ranji team.. when u are really good, there is an easy opportunity to play as Guest player for other state.

Why is he not playing Ramki trophy this year. Is he injured? None of the 32 teams want him to be part of their squad , so why should he be selected.

As to Saini, he was
Injured in December 2022. And probably missed Ramki beco of that. I have no opinion on him, but someone was drumming their beat loudly for him once.

http://www.sports-india.com/phpBB/viewt ... i#p4439745

http://www.sports-india.com/phpBB/viewt ... i#p4452615
Rajkumar Sharma

Kumar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:28 pm Karthik Tyagi was a net bowler in Australia 2020. Did he get selected as net bowler during 2022 Ranji season? Why was he not part of 2022 Ranji team.. when u are really good, there is an easy opportunity to play as Guest player for other state.

Why is he not playing Ramki trophy this year. Is he injured? None of the 32 teams want him to be part of their squad , so why should he be selected.
He, not only served as net bowler for Aus tour but also in other SENA tours and was later injured after playing few domesting games. His skills were quickly judged by team management and selected him as net bowler. If he was not good enough then this would'nt had happen as net bowlers had a test cap sooner or later.
Kumar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:28 pm As to Saini, he was
Injured in December 2022. And probably missed Ramki beco of that. I have no opinion on him, but someone was drumming their beat loudly for him once.

http://www.sports-india.com/phpBB/viewt ... i#p4439745

http://www.sports-india.com/phpBB/viewt ... i#p4452615
Saini was injured but still he skipped Ranji when he was fit, and showed more interest in playing County. Selectors has no clarity on Saini's future, he just plays all India A games.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

I agree with selectors having no clarity and that is absolutely clear. Saini played the short 2021-22 Ranji season. He was injured and had to miss out on test series against Bangladesh in 2022 December. He had an Abs injury and did not playa single match in 2022/23 ranji season. He also played the first match of this ranji season for Delhi. So not sure where u are getting he did not play ranji when fit.

We can question his selection for Irani trophy in 2023 without playing ranji. He actually did very well in that game. I remember that u promoted Saini as someone with great pace. Unfortunately, his career appears to have stalled probably due to injury. Not sure if he is still bowling at that pace
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

The trinity rules the world my friend. Don't ask for consistency.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

England A team bundled out for 150. With Akash deep getting 4 wickets, yash dayal and sundar 2 apiece. I am wondering if this will be end of Caeman’s india career. Caveman, Tushar, Saini all were dropped for this match.

In reply, indian 152 for no loss with Padikkal going strong at 92 in 96 balls. Not sure how Padikal suddenly made the team. Last Isaw, Sai sudharshan was in the squad. But seems to have been replaced with Padikal. Probably a last minute injury

Patidar was added to test squad to cool his heels and probably lost a golden opportunity to build his case with test squad. Rinku singh is playing in his place
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Sarfaraz is on fire. He scored 161 runs against England A team . Padaikkal who was rushed into squad also scored a century. Both Tilak Verma and Rinku Singh missed out .Just when u think Sundar is washed out, he gets wickets and plays a very sedate test match knock preventing a semi collapse. I think he has got talent, but no work ethic. And my gut feeling is that he does not treat domestic cricket seriously. Saurabh Kumar hit 70+ runs as well. India leads by 340 runs
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Bharat, Padikkal, Suthar, Patidar, Saurabh, Sarfaraz and Sundar have all batted very well in this series. Sudarshan was aquite good do. PRP failed in two innings, Easwaran in 3, Rinku and NTTV in one.

Yash Dayal, Akash Deep, Sundar, PRP(!), Arshdeep have bowled very well. The rest have all been crap: Suthar, Saurabh, Kaverappa, Saini, Deshpande, Narang, etc. Saurabh needs to get some wickets in I2.
Rajkumar Sharma

Kumar wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:33 pm Sarfaraz is on fire. He scored 161 runs against England A team
Shreyas Iyer was drafted into the test team overnight by achieving these type of performances, but all in ASIAN condition. Shreyas is in the team by scoring in batting tracks and playing just 1 game in SENA whereas Sarfaraz's India A performances in SENA is under scanner for his non selection.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Sarfraz should be next in line. His performance has been spotty but nobody among the current lot has really turned things on fire abroad. So, we choose the best domestic batter. Then, we will see if he can or cannot do it.

I think we should schedule many away tours exclusively in SENA playing a full 5 tests in RSA, three tests in NZ and maybe 3 tests each in Australia and England. This is because we have had five test series in England before and a woefully short series in RSA. Don't play the other nations now. We need to rebuild our SENA batting asap.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

For India A, Sarfraz had made only 366 runs from 10 matches at 36.60 with a highest of 71 not out – a relative failure for a man with 13 hundreds in 54 innings in domestic cricket.
https://wisden.com/series-stories/india ... news-today

36 average in A tour is not something to boast about. He has not lacked opportunities to make an iron clad case.

For all his domestic success he failed in A matches. He failed in IPL. He failed in Duleep trophy. , I have no problem that he was not selected until now. That said, would not mind him playing in the England series. I think he may be better than Gill or Iyer.

I am happy for Sarfaraz. Hopefully all this makes him mentally tough and have him be successful in test team.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Agree with Kumar.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

But I don't think he'll get a chance in this series as I don't expect our batters to fail. English spinners are not good and though our batters are also not great, I don't expect them to fail against this raw English attack.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

England lions 300 for 8. Saurabh got 5 wickets and sundar zero wickets and bowled just 13 overs. Not sure if sundar has sufficient bowling credentials to make test team .

Saurabh once again proving that he is one of the premier left arm spinner in domestic. I would play him in the last match, but he is currently not part of the team for last match. Shams mulani is.

We are getting plethora of left arm spinning allrounders in domestic . Saurabh, Mulani, Suthar . Saurabh chances of making the test team seems insurmountable. After Jadeja retires, Mulanimor Suthar may have better chances.