Virat Kohli thread

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Virat Kohli thread

Post by prasen9 »

Well, I am greedy. I would have wanted a 51st in the final. Not to be.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

I wish the final is made a best of 3 contest with the higher seeded team given the toss in match 1 and match 3 (if needed).
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

^^this has been a topic of discussion and FIFA not doing such a thing is cited as an antecedent. Would you have felt as strongly had India won, Arjun?
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

No, because in that case the better team would have won and all would have been right with the world.😀
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

arjun2761 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:09 am No, because in that case the better team would have won and all would have been right with the world.😀
:rofl:

I agree. This one really hurts. I’m sure Rohit and Kohli in particular are still smarting about the lost opportunity.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

I am always in favor of a league or a Swiss (chess) method being used. At least, I want double elimination. That is, any team must have been defeated twice in a tournament to exit. The IPL does a bit of this in the way it does the semis. Best of three is even better. Precedents are useless. I don't care about status quos, rules, ways of batting in ODIs that are prevalent, etc. Challenge everything. The more matches you play the better the quality of your result. I would go for three matches. Or even five. Instead of these tamasha matches, maybe have a shorter league and then the final will be a best of five match series.

And, yes, even if India won, I would have wanted this. For me, it is a matter of principle and natural justice.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sin Hombre »

So is the general consensus that we are blaming dew for the loss and not India's very slow batting in the middle overs?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Difficult to poinpoint what the cause of the loss is. We also did not have resources left. Our players were just not that skilled to handle the Aussie bowling. I think the faulty construction of the team was the main reason. We had five good batsmen, at least good in decent pitches, and then a crater due to quota selection, glorifying Jadeja, and a rash of #10-11s. This meant that on this pitch, we were left insurance-less after we lost a few wickets early. And, the Aussies outplanned us. The pitch did play a role but I don't know even if it did not whether we would have defended 240. The Aussies did not have to take a risk and could do it in singles even if we had gotten a few wickets more. And, they bat deeper than us.

We need to find bowlers who can bat. And, we need to kick out those who think they know better than reality staring at their face. Only people who are humble enough to accept reality and not think that they are the smartest of them all should be ones to lead the team.
SaniaFan

Post by SaniaFan »

prasen9 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:19 am We need to find bowlers who can bat.
Or the batters who can bowl. like Maxwell, Marsh.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Absolutely!
daniel7475
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by daniel7475 »

You all know that Virat Kohli is the most followed cricketer on Instagram.