All about food

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

All about food

Post by prasen9 »

I am in the DC area attending a conference/workshop. I was walking to get dinner and saw an Abyssianian restaurant and had food there. That got me wondering (always a dangerous thing!) and that led to some googling. Here is something interesting: http://www.ideamani.com/2005/08/food-co ... -food.html

This talk about Mysore Pak got me thinking because I have no clue what it is. I guess it is a sweet but I have no clue if I have had it or not. Also, I did not find a thread with discussions about food here. What is a good forum without some good discussions about food? (After all, I am a Bangali.) Hence, I decided to start this thread. Feel free to add on to this.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: All about food

Post by jayakris »

Ah, you were in the Adams Morgan area of DC with all the Ethipoian restaurants, eh? I cannot seem to avoid going there every year (we have a conference that is always in the Marriott/ Hilton/ Shoreham hotels there, which are all walking distance from Adams Morgan).. I love Ethiopian food - so many items which are similar to Indian food (even the Injira that they serve on is similar to the south indian dosa).

My favorite cuisine is of course Korean, as it is the healthiest I have found in the world. Give me some good bibimpap and bulgogi and I will pick it over anything else anyday.

Jay
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

jayakris wrote: My favorite cuisine is of course Korean, as it is the healthiest I have found in the world. Give me some good bibimpap and bulgogi and I will pick it over anything else anyday.
Jay
Jay, I totally agree about Korean food being the healthiest in the world. I was in Seoul for a week last year and by the end of the week, I was atleast a good 5lbs lighter (and it's not because I starved or anything). Even the Soju was great (never had much of a hangover the next day :)). But after Seoul, I went to Shanghai and everything was messed up again.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Does Korean food have vegetarian options that are suited for the Indian palate or at least close? In my visits to Korean restaurants and the Incheon airport, I got a distinct impression that there are not. I'd love to know otherwise.
Last edited by Atithee on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

I love Korean food (had Korean housemates many moons ago who introduced me), but I consider it one of the least vegetarian friendly cuisines in the world. There are a lot of veggies, but they're just dressing for the meat. Which is yummy.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

bhagatghavri
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by bhagatghavri »

Mysore Pak is a sweet dish of South India. It is made of suger, Ghee and gram flour. Its made on festival and special occasion in south India. But I don't like sweet.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Do you like spam? Spam Image I hear it is delicious ... not!