The "Mysore Pak" or RoBoAiQu (Bopanna-Qureshi) thread..

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

cricketics

Re: The "Mysore Pak" (Bopanna-Qureshi) thread..

Post by cricketics »

Can I request name change of this thread to INDO-PAK thread?

One player is INdian. And one player is Pakistani. Why bring this "Mysore-Pak"?

Let's just call it Indo-Pak.

Whats the harm?

Sorry if I hurt someone's sentiments here by saying this. I just felt like saying this.
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

Cricketics -- MysorePak is a popular sweet in some parts of the country. :-) Meant to be a joke (by jic iirc) and it kinda stuck.

Suresh
PS: In any case Rohan is from Coorg.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

This week Rohan and Aisam r top-seed at Winston Salem Open ... They r having tricky first round against Dlouhy and Tecau.

Mahesh is also playing with his old partner Mark Knowles.

At $553K Winston Salem Open, USA

[R1] (1) Rohan Bopanna (IND)/ Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi (PAK) vs Lukas Dlouhy (CZE)/ Horia Tecau (ROU)
rajorshi
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by rajorshi »

Our team is down a set and a break 4-6 1-2
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

LOST 4-6 4-6! :mad:
Couldn't save a single break point that they faced (0/4) and converted just 2 out of the 8, they created. On top of it, the Indo-Pak pair won just 38% of their 2nd serve. Bopanna was broken in the opening game of set 2. Don't know how it went in set 1. True, all teams are pretty tough here but expected more from the top seeds. US Open doesn't look all that bright ...
jic

Post by jic »

Right now this Mysore-Pak is not so sweet, and it crumbles too easily. Need to adjust the recipe. A little more ghee and sugar, a little less flour so it gells better and hardens when cool.
Varma

Post by Varma »

jic wrote:Right now this Mysore-Pak is not so sweet, and it crumbles too easily. Need to adjust the recipe. A little more ghee and sugar, a little less flour so it gells better and hardens when cool.
jic...are you Jai_in_Canada? :)

- Varma
jic

Post by jic »

Varma wrote:
jic wrote:Right now this Mysore-Pak is not so sweet, and it crumbles too easily. Need to adjust the recipe. A little more ghee and sugar, a little less flour so it gells better and hardens when cool.
jic...are you Jai_in_Canada? :)

- Varma
Yes it is, Varma. My old login got hijacked, so it got locked. So I'm here as my new avatar, but some how the old timers on this forum seem to figure out it's me. Hadn't posted in while, but here I am again.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Rohan-Aisam had an ealy loss this week.

At $553K Winston Salem Open, USA

[R1] (1) Rohan Bopanna (IND)/ Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi (PAK) l. Lukas Dlouhy (CZE)/ Horia Tecau (ROU) 46 46
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

They win no nothing. I wonder how long they will be able to enter atp tournaments. They will have to go challenger level. Som can play better doubles than Bopanna. out of top 100 very soon . When your confidence low u will avoid singles qualies. U will say doubles your topmost priority. But u know the reason and when u high on confidence u will enter doubles too. we will see where Bopanna stands after his uso points come off
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

jic wrote:
Yes it is, Varma. My old login got hijacked, so it got locked. So I'm here as my new avatar, but some how the old timers on this forum seem to figure out it's me. Hadn't posted in while, but here I am again.
:rofl:
You id was not hijacked. it's a bug. Many of us had faced this problem. If u still have access to your old mail id with which u registered then u can recover your old login id . Just send a request for a new password. But your current one is short and simple. ;)
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Saniapower wrote:They win no nothing. I wonder how long they will be able to enter atp tournaments. They will have to go challenger level. Som can play better doubles than Bopanna. out of top 100 very soon . When your confidence low u will avoid singles qualies. U will say doubles your topmost priority. But u know the reason and when u high on confidence u will enter doubles too. we will see where Bopanna stands after his uso points come off
Even if the lose in first round of US open , Rohan will stay in top 20 & even if they do not win a match for rest of the year, he will stay within top 30, probably top 25. So, I don't understand how is he is going out of top 100 & to challenger level.
Saniapower

Post by Saniapower »

sameerph wrote:
Saniapower wrote:They win no nothing. I wonder how long they will be able to enter atp tournaments. They will have to go challenger level. Som can play better doubles than Bopanna. out of top 100 very soon . When your confidence low u will avoid singles qualies. U will say doubles your topmost priority. But u know the reason and when u high on confidence u will enter doubles too. we will see where Bopanna stands after his uso points come off
Even if the lose in first round of US open , Rohan will stay in top 20 & even if they do not win a match for rest of the year, he will stay within top 30, probably top 25. So, I don't understand how is he is going out of top 100 & to challenger level.
Time is powerful , time will flow and time will take them where they should be. U are right,not in 2011 but sometime in 2012 before 21st Dec. Hopefully they will regain their composure before that otherwise a catastrophe lies in wait.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Saniapower wrote:
sameerph wrote:
Time is powerful , time will flow and time will take them where they should be. U are right,not in 2011 but sometime in 2012 before 21st Dec. Hopefully they will regain their composure before that otherwise a catastrophe lies in wait.
What is so special about 21st December, 2012. Am I missing something ?

Anyway, if you are talking about Dec. 2012 then it is a long way off & at least in next 6-8 month they are in no danger of falling out of top 100. However, we want Rohan to be in top 10 at the time of cut-off for olympics i.e June 2012. Than, we can field 2 doubles teams in the Olympics.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

sameerph wrote: What is so special about 21st December, 2012. Am I missing something ?
The world will come to an end and all rankings will be automatically wiped out on that day. So talking about rankings after that makes no sense to me.