Bureaucracy in India

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
kujo
Authors
Authors

Bureaucracy in India

Post by kujo »

Anand denied honorary doctorate by bureaucracy
HRD Ministry questions chess champion's nationality; embarrassment to EOC (Executive Organising Committee) of International Congress of Mathematicians
Mr. Anand, who is scheduled to play simultaneous chess with 40 mathematicians on Tuesday, arrived in the city on Sunday itself in the belief that the function to honour him was going to take place as scheduled. Though Mr. Anand is supposed to have taken the incident quite sportingly, he is apparently a little upset at the Delhi babudom raising issues about his nationality. “I want my country back,” a somewhat annoyed Mr. Anand is supposed to have remarked.
MHRD director R.D. Sahay apparently first questioned Mr. Anand's nationality and said the process required clearance by the Home Ministry as well as the Ministry of External Affairs. He apparently also questioned the university on holding a special convocation ceremony just to accommodate the convenience of foreigners!
The Ministry's questioning of Mr. Anand's nationality apparently annoyed his wife so much that she immediately faxed Mr. Anand's passport and sent it on July 30. This too was immediately forwarded to the Ministry.
Crazy stuff... This is ridiculous.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Bureaucracy in India

Post by prasen9 »

Sort of related to bureaucracy in India. This is despicable:http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/j ... ous-source No electronic voting system is tamper-proof. Only idiots believe and claim so.
Sin Hombre
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sin Hombre »

Not sure where to post this so probably off-topic.

I am relocating to the States and everything is fine except that they won't paste the visa until I get a new passport (water damage). Now, none of the European embassies of India offer Tatkal services for a full duration passport of 10 years so would any of you kind folk know whether I can do that in India as a NRI? (will call and check)
suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

Take the one-year visa (if that is what they give) and extend it for the full period once you get to the US. Isn't that okay? Best of luck. PKB, our resident international traveller might have better ideas.

Suresh
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Getting a new passport in Geneva should be quick or for that matter in Bern depending upon your canton. I just got mine in 10 days from Indian Embassy in Geneva recently ? I am not sure if even these timelines helps in your case or not.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

It is an approved L1 and I can't reapply since the reason for the suspended visa application is passport damage and they are waiting for me to provide a new one.

@ankit, I had the same experience when I applied in Berne in 2011, unfortunately (and I haven't updated my location) I am now resident in the Netherlands so can only apply here. And here, all applications need to be made through bls who had a 3 month average processing period.

Does anyone have any experience of applying for a Tatkal in India as a non-resident. I suppose that is not legal.