Poojashree Venkatesha thread ...

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

rajorshi
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Poojashree Venkatesha thread ...

Post by rajorshi »

What has happened to this girl? Is she still injured?
prassana

Post by prassana »

Exactly wat i was wondering about...
from 300's she has slipped to 600's..will we have any girl out there who can atleast partner Sania at olympics???
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

Still too early to say. I think Sania will only play in singles and mixed doubles. Remember that Cara Black despite being a top doubles player never played in the Olympics due to the lack of any good player from her country.
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

Wow! Looks like noone is interested in this girl anymore even though she is still our No 2 woman player.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

If someone has any news on Poojashree he will post here. How people will be interested when she is not playing for last few months ?
gbelday
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by gbelday »

I sent a mail to Pooja and she replied back saying that she is recovering from a surgery on her right shoulder (non-playing shoulder, I think though I am not entirely sure). She thinks she should be back playing on the circuit by Oct.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks Gautam for taking this initiative and giving us update about Poojashree ... Hoping full and quick recovery for her before joining the tour.
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

gbelday wrote:I sent a mail to Pooja and she replied back saying that she is recovering from a surgery on her right shoulder (non-playing shoulder, I think though I am not entirely sure). She thinks she should be back playing on the circuit by Oct.
If it is right shoulder, it would be her playing shoulder, right. Anyway, I think it is better that she got the surgery done. It seemed like she was having bad results for quite some time , not in line with the early promise shown by her. Perhaps, the injury was the main reason behind her bad performances.

Hopefully, she will be back with full fitness soon.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

sameerph wrote:
gbelday wrote:I sent a mail to Pooja and she replied back saying that she is recovering from a surgery on her right shoulder (non-playing shoulder, I think though I am not entirely sure). She thinks she should be back playing on the circuit by Oct.
If it is right shoulder, it would be her playing shoulder, right. Anyway, I think it is better that she got the surgery done. It seemed like she was having bad results for quite some time , not in line with the early promise shown by her. Perhaps, the injury was the main reason behind her bad performances.

Hopefully, she will be back with full fitness soon.
Thanks Sameer. I wasn't sure if she is a righty or a lefty. Was too lazy to look up :)
rajorshi

Post by rajorshi »

I don't like the word 'surgery'. Sharapova took a long time before she was back in top 10, this year, after her shoulder surgery. Of course Li Na, Vesnina had quick recoveries. And Sania...
bujilover

Post by bujilover »

Pooja will start playing from OCT 17 in Nigeria along with the veteran Rushmi.She is floating in 650s in singles. :goodluck:
suresh

Post by suresh »

Any idea (as to) what has happened to Poojashree? Is she injured or has she quite playing tennis? Her last tournament was in May 2012 when she reached the SF of a Futures tournament in Delhi.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

Suresh,
I exchanged some emails with Pooja last week and she mentioned about enrolling in a full-time MBA program. She also said its been difficult to balance her school and tennis. I am not expecting her to be back on the circuit :(
Gautam
suresh

Post by suresh »

Thanks Gautam for the update. I guess it is unofficially the end of her career. It is a pity that she did not deliver on her initial promise -- I suspect it had to with a lack of self-confidence more than anything else. This could have been fixed with a full-time coach which she couldn't afford.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Yes. it is unfortunate. Pooja was certainly talented. But it was clear for a long time that, due to circumstances or her own nature and perhaps even a lack of drive, we had to temper expectations. She could have been so much more. But, oh well... Wish her best in her studies. Jay