An imp query regarding becoming a tennis pro-- pls help!

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

suresh
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by suresh »

Get someone like CV Nagaraj (Vishnu Vardhan's coach) to assess your level.

Suresh
infodraw07
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by infodraw07 »

[ I have already posted this but somehow it got looped in an already exisitng topic.. hence trying to start a new topic for my post]

Dear Amigos,

I am Kiran, 23 years old, from Hyderabad.

The situation I am facing demands me to write this mail,and seek your help as I am unable to find proper guidance pertaining my concerns here in Hyderabad as I thought this would be the right place in which I could get reliable help. I have started playing tennis a year back, and over the last 6 months I have been training really hard morning and evening. My fitness levels are improving as well. I will put more and more efforts to improve my game and my fitness levels.

However, every feedback i receive whether it is from people or from internet sources, majority of them say it is tough for me at this age and in my situation to become a tennis pro. A few of them say it is close to impossible. But, my belief is that it is not impossible.
However, i am having lack of awareness as to how to go about becoming a pro? I mean such as steps and stages I need to pass through. I would kindly request you to let me know what things I need to do next? How to reach atleast a Davis cup level player? Also do you have awareness of such late starters becoming pros? I am very much eager and desperate to know these things (may be except my last question) because of the situation I am in, and also because of unable to find proper guidance in these matters here in Hyderabad.

I would be grateful to you to have received your advice in any extent.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Regards,
Kiran
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Re: An imp query regarding becoming a tennis pro-- pls help!

Post by jaydeep »

Ok Kiran, removing ur old same post from another thread but moving reply to that post to this thread ... But which was posted before ur second post so coming top of ur query ... Please check that suggestion.

Mod -Jaydeep
suresh

Post by suresh »

Kiran, Here is what I had posted in response to your post. CVN is a top-notch coach from Hyderabad.
suresh wrote:Get someone like CV Nagaraj (Vishnu Vardhan's coach) to assess your level.

Suresh
Varma

Post by Varma »

Kiran,

You seem to be very passionate about Tennis. I wish you good luck in your pursuit.
infodraw07 wrote:How to reach atleast a Davis cup level player?
Not sure what you meant by "atleast a Davis cup level player". There are several thousand internationally ranked players across from many countries playing on the professional circuit, but only a minor percentage of them get a chance to play Davis Cup and represent their nation. In India we currently have around 40 ATP ranked players and only a handful of them managed to play Davis Cup. Even among those, only 5 players (Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupathi, Rohan Bopanna, Harsh Mankad, Prakash Amritraj come to mind) played Davis Cup on a regular basis.

The way the professional circuit works today, you may want to target playing "Futures" tournaments first. Davis Cup stands way higher in the ranks. Please take no offense as I am not trying to belittle your aim. I am only trying to suggest the level that fits "at least" category for a professional player. Just my $0.02!

Good luck!

- Varma