Indian Women's Hockey

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Indian Women's Hockey

Post by prasen9 »

sameerph wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:14 am Anyway, Saffron. You are doing a great job. Keep updating like this on other sports which saves some of us time and also gives a lot of info.
Yes, I think he took the advice and I must say the saffronization of this board is complete. ;-)
Saffron Lenin
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Saffron Lenin »

prasen9 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:58 pm
sameerph wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:14 am Anyway, Saffron. You are doing a great job. Keep updating like this on other sports which saves some of us time and also gives a lot of info.
Yes, I think he took the advice and I must say the saffronization of this board is complete. ;-)

Haha..... saffronization will go hand in hand with with Leninization, so complete saffronization won't be possible 😝😝😝!!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Anyway, I am more enthusiastic about junior asian hockey cup to be held at end of May and then Jr world cup !!! I think our our junior hockey team is one of the best in the world now!!!I am eagerly waiting for them thrashing every asian team!!!!!
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Our womens team is on tour to Australia for 4 match series it seems. Exposure tour as we are not able to play pro league this year we are hardly getting any matches in . We lost the first match 2-4 though against Australia.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Just now lost second match by 3-2.....Played better than first one....at half time India 2-1 but Australia press high in 2nd half and win 3-2
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Third match ended in 1-1 draw against Australia. Good that our girls showed improved performance match after match.
ssp

Post by ssp »

Lost 3-2 to Australia A today. That's disappointing.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Step up to the sticks: India's Jr. Asia Cup triumph a boon for senior team depth

Just like the three decades prior, the competition at the 2023 Junior Hockey Women's Asia Cup came down to China, Japan, South Korea and India making it to the semifinals for the sixth consecutive time. India, who qualified for the final only once before and never won the tournament, emerged champions after beating South Korea in the final.

Credit where it is deserved as India crossed the final hurdle to win the title for the first time, but for women's hockey and head coach Janneke Schopman, this was a big positive - not only in terms of adding depth to the senior squad but also the benefit of players playing and performing under pressure.

https://www.espn.in/field-hockey/story/ ... team-depth
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

'Spain Tour Crucial for Asian Games Preparations': Indian Women's Hockey Team Captain Savita Punia

The Hangzhou Asian Games will be crucial for the Indian women’s hockey team as winning the Gold Medal in the quadrennial continental showpiece event will ensure their direct qualification for the Paris 2024 Olympics. In addition, ahead of the crucial tournament, the Indian women’s hockey team will have an opportunity to put their skills and team combinations to the test when they travel to Spain to compete in the 100th Anniversary Spanish Hockey Federation-International Tournament, which is scheduled to take place from July 25th to 30th July.

The four-nation tournament will witness India play against South Africa, England and hosts Spain.

https://www.news18.com/sports/spain-tou ... 13357.html
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Hockey India names 20-member women’s squad for Germany and Spain tour
The Indian team led by goalkeeper Savita Punia will play a three-match Test series in Germany - one against China and two against Germany, which will be held between July 16 and 19.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/hockey/i ... 040274.ece
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Indian women's hockey legend Rani Rampal has claimed that there are many unfit players in the team picked for the Asian Games, and asserted that she is in no mood to retire. As per the provisional squad issued by Hockey India, Rani is not part of the Hangzhou-bound team despite making a strong comeback from a hamstring injury after the Tokyo Olympics, where the Indian women recorded their best-ever performance by finishing fourth under her leadership. On return, Rani emerged as the top-scorer in the last National Games in Gujarat, scoring 18 goals in Haryana's triumphant campaign.

https://sports.ndtv.com/asian-games-202 ... al-4311227
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

New high as Indian women’s hockey team climbs to 6th in FIH World Rankings

The victory in the Women's Asian Champions Trophy 2023 in Ranchi after the bronze in Hangzhou Asian Games has propelled the Indian women’s hockey team to the sixth position in the women's FIH World Rankings. The Indian team now has 2368.83 points and has returned to its best-ever position in the rankings, last achieved in June 2022 during the FIH Pro League.

Praising the Indian women’s hockey team, Hockey India President Padma Shri Dr. Dilip Tirkey said, “I would like to congratulate the team on achieving this ranking, it is a testament to the hard work and sacrifices they have made in their careers so far."
The aim is to break into the top three with time and this serves as a good indicator that the team is on the rise

https://assamtribune.com/sports/new-hig ... gs-1503400
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

What's ailing Indian women's hockey, and do we have a real shot at Paris Olympics?

In a similar vein, Schopman says: “You can’t control what people say and expect... But I always take a hard look at myself.” She continues: “In Tokyo, we did well, finishing fourth. But we can’t be occasional beaters. We must be more consistent and become world beaters. The view of the rest (the top four) about us is changing. I always want to win. In India, everybody wants everything fast, at lightning speed. It takes time. But looking at the process, it may be that we are not a top four team next year but in 3-4 years, we will be there.”

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trend ... 25981.html
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

India women current Ranking is 6 but I think it is a bit inflated ranking!!!! (Just lie Pakistan men cricket Ranking)

India 's true ranking must be somewhere 9-10 !!!!