Football: Indian National Team news ...

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: Football: Indian National Team news ...

Post by Kumar »

All i am saying that coaches record should be the arbiter of his success. Your contention is that a record is not sustainable, so a coach relying on astrology should be fired. , but if coach is already showing sustained success, what is the basis for firing him?

Is it not like saying, this bowler has an action that is unlike anyone that has played cricket internationally, so he should not be selected for national team). Yes, the injury risk may be greater for such bowlers, but as long as player is successful why not leverage his ability irrespective of his unconventional action.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

I suspect we may be wasting time on this astrology story. This looks basically like political mischief to me. The veracity of many details in the leaked stories is questionable and things don't add up too well. We have seen, before, this kind of thing done by politicians and their media friends to achieve whatever they are trying to achieve. Stimac has shown results as a coach and he deserves to stay for now. If more people come out with trustworthy allegations against the coach, we should revisit and discuss more. For now, let us wait and see what transpires before making final judgments for or against Coach Stimac.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

This is not about Stimac as much as it is about the general use of an astrologer in team selection. I’m indifferent to Stimac. I think he’s done okay and should stay. But consulting an astrologer in an official capacity is nonsense.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

With atithee. When suresh posted nobody replied because we thought it was a one off. I must confess I did not read the article. Then, when the political angle to remove him came up, then I read the details and got involved in the discussion.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Some really good news today. Our coach will be there for the next three years! I was really worried, with the recent astrologer stuff and the botched-up Asiad (not Stimac's fault) that AIFF might fall back into dysfunction and get rid of the coach just because they want to look like they are doing something. Thankfully, no. Stimac is extended till 2026 and if we make it to world cup group-3 qualifying, he will get a further 2 more years.

Igor Stimac stays: AIFF extends contract of Indian football men’s team coach till 2026

Good job AIFF. And congratulations, coach. We need you! :dance:

[On X formerly known as twitter, the Indian football fans seem to be celebrating. The fans do appreciate the coach.]
alex 799

Post by alex 799 »

Love it....hope to see India team picking up
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

We expect India to be stronger against us: Malaysia head coach Kim Pan-gon

Malaysia are set to host India for the opening game of the 2023 Merdeka Tournament on Friday, 13 October.

The Malaysian coach will be lining up his side to face India for the first time in his managerial stint with them. When asked about the strengths of India and elements he wants his players to be wary off, he explained: “As we all know, they are ranked higher than us. They are a top team in West Asia. We know that their characteristics are very aggressive. They work hard and are tough. That kind of element in any opponent team will be very tough.

https://khelnow.com/football/2023-10-in ... im-pan-gon
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:17 am We expect India to be stronger against us: Malaysia head coach Kim Pan-gon

Malaysia are set to host India for the opening game of the 2023 Merdeka Tournament on Friday, 13 October.

The Malaysian coach will be lining up his side to face India for the first time in his managerial stint with them. When asked about the strengths of India and elements he wants his players to be wary off, he explained: “As we all know, they are ranked higher than us. They are a top team in West Asia. We know that their characteristics are very aggressive. They work hard and are tough. That kind of element in any opponent team will be very tough.

https://khelnow.com/football/2023-10-in ... im-pan-gon
20 minutes into the game and Malaysia is leading 2-1!!!!
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

^^Malaysia is leading 3-1 at half time!!!!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

India lost 2-4. Apparently the referee was bought by Malaysia (so many twitter messages already) and allowed a goal that was not a goal and generally made sure that India didn't stand a chance.
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

Don't know if anyone noticed or not- Pakistan has won Round 1 of world cup qualifier ( first time in history) ...... Seriously, I didn't expect that🧐
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Saffron Lenin wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:24 pm Don't know if anyone noticed or not- Pakistan has won Round 1 of world cup qualifier ( first time in history) ...... Seriously, I didn't expect that🧐
Yep. Against Cambodia. It was Stephen Constantine's first match as coach, after just a couple of weeks at his job. He is a good coach for sure.

I've never seen so many grown men cry, says Pakistan coach after rare win (Reuters)

Well, coach, you have not been to any cricket match between the bugs and the exterminators, have you?
Saffron Lenin

Post by Saffron Lenin »

il_fenomeno
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by il_fenomeno »

India just won in Kuwait 1-0! woohoo

Huge win! A draw in Kuwait would have been already a great start for the WCQ campaign but this is fantastic. :)

In the other game in our group Qatar won 8—1 against Afghanistan.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

So beautiful, so elegant, it’s just looking like a Wow!

Beating Kuwait at home in a qualifier is a BIG deal. Congrats.