Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: India national team

Post by jayakris »

Give this guy and Sunil Chetri a chance on the National Team!
A malayali striker? - what a concept in Indian football .. I thought only the Northeast produced them, by the bucketloads, scoring bucketloads for India! 

I don't know about suNIL, but aNIL's chance to play for India must be, as in their names, NIL.

Jay
amr090
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by amr090 »

Samson Singh is another guy the national team needs to look at...Sunil Chetri and Singh are the top two Indian scorers in the NFL.  Also, Nicolas Nath, and Izumi Irata, the two much hyped PIO's have not even being playing for their respective teams lately...what is going on??
nnipp1

Post by nnipp1 »

http://www.soccernetindia.com/modules.p ... e&sid=4027

We've heard about this kid before from his exploits in the Machester United Cup playing for Mohun Bagan-SAIL Academy.....He sounds like somewhat of a prodigy and hopefully he doesn't get ruined by Indian football politics in the future.....i'm sure we would have tons of prodigies if our club teams actually put some effort into youth development...Every NFL Division 1 and 2 should have a world class academy for ages 8 and up and actually play these guys when they are old enough for the senior team...
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Yeah I've heard about this kid, hopefully he can stay away from indian politics since he is now sponsored by Nike.  If they are running stuff for him then there's some hope.  We just have to hope he doesnt get complacent or taken away from the game.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

On another note Sunil Chetri is now only 1 goal behind the scoring lead in the NFL with 2 goals against Dempo leading them to a win.  I think he is currently the best Indian striker in India.  Bhutia comparatively only has 3 goals.
nnipp1

Post by nnipp1 »

India played DPR Korea today in the Olympic Qualifiers and lost 2-1 in an away match........Does anyone know how we played? Who scored our goal? I'm just happy that we scored against a pretty good team in the cold North Korean conditions...
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

nnip1 we dont even know if we scored...for all we know it was an own goal knowing our luck....also even if we scored it might have been a fluke header....there has been zero coverage of this match in the media and i havent been able to find any info on it anywhere....
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

hahahahah.....so sad :mad:

http://soccernetindia.com/fulldesc.php? ... ory_id=122

there was a mistake in the original report....we didn't score a goal....man how the hell can we not even score a single goal against anybody....i dont care if we lose 15-1 i at least want to see us score a freaking goal!!!!!!!!!!!
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Yeah, it is so sad that we refuse to believe when we hear that we scored even ONE goal, and then we find that we were right in our suspicion.  How bad has this got?

On the other hand, I don' remember India ever being this good in so many matches in not allowing too many goals either.  Have we been playing ourt hearts out on defense or what?

Even a blind squrrel finds an acorn sometimes.  It has been years and we can't even get lucky with a goal somehow.  Man, how sad.

Jay
nnipp1

Post by nnipp1 »

This sucks! Well, I guess an away goal was way too much to expect....i haven't seen any of our games except for the match against Iran but I can tell you exactly what is going on: We are getting little to no ball posession and all of our guys are forced to play back in order to stop the continous attacks by our opponents on our goal...
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

I think other than at goalkeeper we are nowhere even near Asian class at any major position.  Our defense is made up of small players who can't seem to defend.  Our midfield is non-existent, and can't seem to keep possession of the ball or provide good crosses, or through balls to our strikers (which I think is our main problem), and our strikers are too small or dont have the skill to convert what few chances they do get in a match.
sajoodk

Post by sajoodk »

i couldn't find a thread to post this so i am putting it here. its given on indianfootball.com that Viva kerala defeated Iran XI  Nayanar Memorial Gold Cup 2007. It might not be the regular Iran team but still it should be a great accomplishment for a small club like Viva Kerala. Atleast somewhere we are getting to see good results.
Last edited by sajoodk on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
nnipp1

Post by nnipp1 »

Unfortunately that Iran XI is a bunch kids who haven't played for the national team or even featured in the IPL...
puneets

Post by puneets »

I have a dream to popularise football in India: Kalam

"I have a dream and the dream is to make football popular in the villages of India so that more and more young people play it. For this I want top football stars to visit the villages and meet the children," Kalam told Blatter when the latter called on him last month during his India visit.
Impressed by what Kalam said, Blatter said the federation plans to send three top footballers to India next year. They are Franz Beckenbaur, Beckham and Platini who would tour rural areas interacting with children, a senior official of All India Football Federation (AIFF) said.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

From today's Telegraph, Kolkata:

AIFF mulls exclusive pool for national duty

I am a little puzzled by this.  Does this mean that these players are not allowed to play for clubs AT ALL for a year?? .. Is this done anywhere else in the world? .. How can they stay sharp, if they only play the 5 or 6 matches (a best) that the National Team plays.  This is a proposal from Houghton?

I am probably misunderstanding this....

Jay