Re: Bugs and errors for the new configuration.... (Suggestions..

Report bugs and errors and enter comments and questions here. Anyone can post in this forum and you do not need to be registered member.
shailisathyu

Post by shailisathyu »

hi
i am able to log on to the sports india website but not able to sign into the forum. it says 'incorrect password'!!!!!! :-( :cry:
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

shailisathyu wrote:hi
i am able to log on to the sports india website but not able to sign into the forum. it says 'incorrect password'!!!!!! :-( :cry:
Umm which user are you? Sorry. Also if you can log in to the sports-india website you should automatically log-in to the forum but maybe something went wrong in the sync. Send me your username and I can reset the password.
shailisathyu

Post by shailisathyu »

ACTUAL USERNAME IS 'shaili'
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

Dhruv,

Thank you for the reply earlier. I tried in IE and indeed, I do not see the second scroll bar or the third one.

I would suggest putting a "View new posts" link in the navigation panel on the left. That is functionality used by a lot of people.

Also, earlier on it used to be "View posts since last visit". Do we have the same functionality now? Or is the semantics slightly different?
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I like to read every post in the forum and I could do it quickly by clicking on "View new posts" in the old forum. I could get all the posts listed in chronological order up to 10 pages. Now when I click the "view new posts", I get the forum topics that I have not read and I have to click each forum topic to read the posts. Can the old system be put back? I believe Prasenjit is asking for the same thing. Thanks Dhruv for doing all this work to keep Sports-India functional. :clap:

Addendum:

Question #2: How can I delete once and for all, "Notify me when a reply is posted"? Right now I have to uncheck the box after posting each time.

Addendum:

I found the answer to my Question #2 and I have fixed it.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

BSharma wrote:I like to read every post in the forum and I could do it quickly by clicking on "View new posts" in the old forum. I could get all the posts listed in chronological order up to 10 pages. Now when I click the "view new posts", I get the forum topics that I have not read and I have to click each forum topic to read the posts. Can the old system be put back? I believe Prasenjit is asking for the same thing.
Is the custom search I did for kujo (see previous page) what you are looking for.....
prasen9 wrote:Dhruv,

I would suggest putting a "View new posts" link in the navigation panel on the left. That is functionality used by a lot of people.

Also, earlier on it used to be "View posts since last visit". Do we have the same functionality now? Or is the semantics slightly different?
The semantics are slightly different but they do pretty much the same thing as far as I can tell.
krinix

Post by krinix »

Dhruv ill be designing few sports-india.com Logos using sports fonts and embedding few sport icons/vector.

Can you please tell me the dimension and size of the logo required for the homepage. i guess itll displace the text logo on the homepage.

One more thing, please could you change the favicon of the site, it still has drupal icon. you had a joomla favicon for a long time.

I bet you know how to chnage the favicon for the drupal site, i think it invloves replaceing the default favicon file.
I will recommend using indian flag as the favicon. Ive got one which looks great.

This will be scaled down to fit in the Address bar of the IE or firefox.

http://krinish.com/favicon.ico Right click save as....
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Dhruv, I am having a problem again while logging in. The site is not recognizing my username/password. Please find the attachment for the screen shot of the same.
Attachments
Screen shot.JPG
Screen shot.JPG (119.63 KiB) Viewed 3175 times
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Saandeep wrote:Dhruv, I am having a problem again while logging in. The site is not recognizing my username/password. Please find the attachment for the screen shot of the same.
Try Saandeep. I have you in the database twice so once as Saandeep and once as nothingnew and as the forum posts are under Saandeep......
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

krinix wrote:Dhruv ill be designing few sports-india.com Logos using sports fonts and embedding few sport icons/vector.

Can you please tell me the dimension and size of the logo required for the homepage. i guess itll displace the text logo on the homepage.

One more thing, please could you change the favicon of the site, it still has drupal icon. you had a joomla favicon for a long time.

I bet you know how to chnage the favicon for the drupal site, i think it invloves replaceing the default favicon file.
I will recommend using indian flag as the favicon. Ive got one which looks great.

This will be scaled down to fit in the Address bar of the IE or firefox.

http://krinish.com/favicon.ico Right click save as....
Thanks for that. Updated icon.

Also, before you refine designs could you post what you have in mind. If you have a few different ideas we can start a poll about them.

I think for now we'll stick with the phpbb blues as I can modify the drupal theme colours pretty easily.... If only everything was as powerful and flexible.... Takes a bit of time to learn though.....
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

shailisathyu wrote:hi
Seems like there was a problem with password synching in your case for some weird reason.. I have reset your password. Check your PM on this account.

Umm realised there is no this account... I will email you...
krinix

Post by krinix »

dhruv wrote:
Thanks for that. Updated icon.

Also, before you refine designs could you post what you have in mind. If you have a few different ideas we can start a poll about them.

I think for now we'll stick with the phpbb blues as I can modify the drupal theme colours pretty easily.... If only everything was as powerful and flexible.... Takes a bit of time to learn though.....

yeah the indian flag looks good. I will get you the designs for the logos, will create today and will get it on saturday.
im off for next two days.
I have downloaded many sports fonts today, i will be uisng them on fireworks. I will be designing it on web 2.standards using styles and swatches found on this wonderful website. the logo fonts will be colourised with the styles and colours found on this website. http://www.dezinerfolio.com/downloads/.

I've got lots of ideas for this sit, will let you know, onve we start implementing one by one.
I know its time consuming learning Drupal or joomla. Phpbb 3 itself is vast and there are soo many useful mods and themes, which will be fun when impleted on this board.
Im really amazed to find that you are spending soo much time for this website. great going man.
I say we put something up, which doesnt needs change for couple more years.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Bugs and errors for the new configuration.. (Suggestions...)

Post by Sandeep »

Dhruv, Saandeep is working fine. I will continue with that User ID.

Also, can we change our user IDs? If possible can you make it 'sandeep' for me?
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Saandeep wrote:Dhruv, Saandeep is working fine. I will continue with that User ID.

I can make it sandeep for you. Check back in about 10 minutes....
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Dhruv wrote:
Saandeep wrote:Dhruv, Saandeep is working fine. I will continue with that User ID.

I can make it sandeep for you. Check back in about 10 minutes....

It's done. Now Sandeep instead of Saandeep. I have deleted all traces of nothingnew now (atleast I think all traces....)