Indian Premier League (IPL)

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

Rajkumar Sharma
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Premier League (IPL)

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Nitish Reddy, another pace bowling allround talent showing his ability on getting chance in top order. This sort of skills are wasted in domestic where they bat at 8 as tailender.
prasen9
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by prasen9 »

He averages 20 in domestics in FC. Should not be given a chance to bat above #8 or so with this in our diluted FC cricket. He is a good red ball bowler.

In LO cricket, he has batted well and should be batting higher up the order, perhaps #4 or so. He has in this match. Played a good inning with the bat and got pasted with the ball. In LO matches, he has bowled pretty badly and should not be given too many overs. Rather useless to give him the ball.
Rajkumar Sharma

He is excellent with the bat and should continue to bat higher up in order in all format in domestic. No one can have 50+ domestic average batting at 8/9, in all 4 seasons.He has scored runs against international quality bowlers, so he has batting skills to bat at top 4.Many top international bowlers ( Bhopi, Nortje, Rabada) are getting thrashed, so point should be raised against them then these youngstars who are trying to evolve as pace bowling allrounders in a country where such skills are rare.

3rd class PBKS management sent Sam Curran at top order instead of sending Ashutosh ahead who showed promise in scoring runs in tough situation. These sort of allrounders takes IPL as fun, wheres Indian young talents needs opportunity.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

You don't deserve a promotion if you average 20. Show that you can bat and teams will move you up.

He did very well today. I hope SRH continue to give him chances to see what he can do. He has been a very good white ball player so far. And, a good red ball bowler.
Rajkumar Sharma

Andhra Cricket which is run by politicians will learn from their mistake in making Reddy bat at 8 with tail, where he had no option except taking risks, so 20-25 average is quite natural. Now, he has shown his capability and will be seen at n.o 4 and with new ball in domestic.Pink, White, Red doesn't matter, indian pace bowling allrounders will learn nothing if they doesn't get opportunity in grand stage.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

There are always excuses for failures. He is young and he will improve. When he can bat well, then he will be moved up. No chances should be given to failures.
Rajkumar Sharma

A domestic failure smashing international talents in IPL, whereas a hifi domestic success, Mayank Agarwal has been benched due to bad performance in previous matches in IPL. Thats enough to move him up in the batting order. He will improve once he gets to bat & ball like an allrounder.
Rajkumar Sharma

Sanju Samson is now ahead for T20 WC selection, only a dravidic force can stop his selection with blunt excuse. Pant is ahead then Kishan. Ball eater KL should'nt make into the squad. Squad should'nt include any extra keepers unless any extraordinary performances are seen, only 2 are enough for the WC
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Is Samson Dravidian?
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Please do not insult nonsense language and use the non-traditional terms. We need to throw out the losing terms like Dravidian because they have not won us a championship in the times we did not win a championship. Please use the non-tested new term Dravidic.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Sorry, my bad, it should be dravidic and not Dravidic. Proper capitalization or lack thereof is as important for winning a cup as lack of success in lower levels. Never choose tried and tested words. Choose ones that have not been proven losers when we did not win.
Rajkumar Sharma

When people considers their seats lucky to win a WC and watch the game, supporting the team, without leaving it for hours, then capitalization or word selection is nothing compared to it.So, every gestures are important to win a WC. No harm in trying proven failure who are top on current form then super star failure billateral giants, who have shown what they could do in previous editions, nothing to give anyting more and at present they are no where matching the new talents, few are trying hard but at the end they are becomming reason for their team's loss by eating balls through their 50s/100s. 69 runs at SR of 202 by proven failure Kishan is making WK case more interesting.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

Sorry, if someone performs, they are no longer proven failures. We need to pick proven domestic failures. That is the path to nirvana. Ishan is in danger of moving from proven failure category and finding the wrath of the board's wise people. We need to look for total failures and select them. Sorry, Ishan.
karr

Post by karr »

Prasen, I will appeal to you to take the high ground and avoid skirmishes. This forum is so much the better thanks to your posts and I come here a lot to see your analytical data driven thoughts even though I may disagree on conclusions.
Rajkumar, we will all have strong thoughts on certain players, and a philosophy that guides our selection. Its perfectly ok to have opposing POV, and yours is welcome too. My request would be to avoid speculation around state boards and franchise ownership intent, and instead focus on your own thoughts on players.

The Keeper slot battle is a cool one. Its unfortunate that no one seems to be distancing themselves here.
Sanju, Kishan, Pant, Rahul. Maybe even DK.

Given how Strike Rate hungry we ought to be - Pant and KL really need to up theirs to be in contention. I understand they are playing for their franchises, with Captaincy - but hopefully, that's added responsibility to up the ante. Irrespective of whether its India or Franchise Cricket, T20 is inexorably moving towards higher strike rates. There has to be more intent from all our bats, including the keepers.
KL seems to have been bad. Sanju, Pant and Kishan better. DK has been the best. Admittedly, their batting positions are different, so that definitely influences their relative strike rates, with Pant being the most impacted.

I will admit to being intrigued by 2 players whom I thought would have no chance of being in contention - Pant and DK. I felt Pant wouldn't be ready, and he never seems to have cracked the T20 code. DK wasn't a serious candidate and somehow always disappointed on the World Cup stage. But both players have done special things in their Cricket journeys, enough to warrant taking current form into serious consideration. So all power to both of them to challenge the status quo and put themselves into consideration. Indian Cricket will be the better with max competition and I hope the keeper battle continues to heat up.
Atithee

Post by Atithee »

Karr, your appeal came just in time. Second refreshing post from you in the last few days. I was about to ask Prasen and Rajkumar to call truce and focus on data based discussion now as we near the team selection. There is a fundamental difference in opinion among the two about whether to drop the incumbents. That will not be resolved. At the core, ironically, I think they both agree.