Nationwide Tour 08 - Arjun Atwal grabbed 2009 PGA Tour Card

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: 2008 Nationwide Tour - Arjun Atwal targets 2009 PGA Card

Post by BSharma »

Agree with your comments, Prem. :D Arjun won today, but not after giving some heartaches to his fans.

Now Arjun will have to improve on his ranking within the group of golfers who will earn the PGA Tour card of 2009. Good showings in the next two events can raise his chances of getting into many PGA Tour tournaments next year.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Prem wrote:CONGRATS ARJUN for a fantastic win. :clap:
Hope this is the first of many on the US Tour.
Real drama at the end there.
Arjun had a comfortable 3 shot lead with 4 holes left to play.
But he managed to mess it up but again regrouped to win in the playoff.
Very credible to do that after the mishaps as the momentum was with Webb Simpson.

wow!!! blowing 3 shot lead with 4 holes and still coming back to win... That shows tremendous guts... i was hoping that AA Would lock his card by june.. Still he got his card secured with this victory.. Congrats Arjun... Letz hope he is third time lucky (or fourth time, if you count his most successful partial year on the tour)
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Congratulations! Nice to see Arjun see it through after some hicups. Probably, it may be a bad break that caused the double bogey on 16th and see 3 shot lead evoporate. But he conducted himself very well took the chance that he got. So welcome back to PGA league. G Arjun!
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Q. So you're going to play the next two weeks, Miccosukee Classic next week and the Tour Championship?

ARJUN ATWAL: I know I'm playing Miami (Miccosukee) next week. I will play Miami next week. But it depends on the Tour Championship. I might go play. There is a tournament in China for the champions of the European Tour and the Asian Tour, and I'm in it. And it's $5 million, so I might go. I am going to Singapore anyway to play the $5 million event there and the Hong Kong Open. So I might make it three in a row over there.

Q. Maybe without the win here, it would have been a more difficult decision?

ARJUN ATWAL: Oh, there was no choice, I wasn't going to go. I was going to play it the rest of the year out here and then go to Singapore, and now I have a choice, I guess.
Looks like Arjun will skip the tour championship...

Atwal's transcript
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Thanks for all update, Ajay, Doc and Prem.

Congratulation to Arjun for grabbing 2009 PGA Tour Card!!! :notworthy:

So Arjun won play-off to win his first title on US soil and importantly with winning this Nationwide tour title Arjun also grabbed 2009 PGA Tour card ... This win helped him to move to 15th postion ($248,986) from 34th in 2008 Nationwide Tour Money Leaders.

After 16th hole blunder Arjun remained positive ...
"I told myself I was still in it, I hadn't lost the lead. I was still in control of my game. I can't control what he does."

And after winning his first title on American soil ...
"I've been working for this all my career. I've had a few things going on away from the course. To finally win in America feels really good and getting my card back on the PGA TOUR will be a sweet bonus."

I think playing in China, Singapore and Hong Kong will be valid decision as they r big events which will give him higher prize money and more ranking points in more familiar Asian conditions.

Jaydeep
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Re: Nationwide Tour 08 - Arjun Atwal grabbed 2009 PGA Tour Card

Post by Kumar »

AA is -2 thru 12 holes in 3rd round... so far t23
usaindian

Post by usaindian »

arjun is playing the tour championship and at the end of round two tied for 41st .
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Arjun had three quiet even-par rounds in the Nationwide Tour Championship, then blazed away with a 5-under par 66 in the final round to finish T31 for the tournament. That left him at #17 on the Nationwide Tour money list for 2008, and he of course comfortably secured his PGA tour card for 2009. He will have lots of opportunities to play in Asia and Europe during the year as well. (Belated) congratulations, Arjun!

I presume he is playing in Hong Kong this week.
Prem

Re: Nationwide Tour 09 - Arjun Atwal's first event

Post by Prem »

Arjun Atwal will play his debut event on this years NW Tour.
He is in the field for this week's Albertsons Boise Open.
Hope he gets some good practice as he has only 5 more events on PGA Tour to secure his card for 2010 or atleast ensure his playing priviledges on NW Tour.
:goodluck: AA