ATP Tennis/Non-India Davis Cup

General Discussion on Indian Tennis - Forums for TennisIndia.org

Moderator: Moderators

anil111
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by anil111 »

MIXED DOUBLES PARTNERS

IT IS TIME FOR BOTH PAES AND BHUPATI TO PLAY WITH SOME OF THE YOUNG INDIAN GIRLS , LIKE MIRZA, UBOROIS, RAO AND OTHERS IN MIXED DOUBLES. THIS WILL GIVE THEM GIRLS CHANCE OF PLAYING HIGHER ROUNDS AND LOOK AT THE BETTER PLAYERS MORE OFTEN THAN THEY SEE THEM IN SINGLES.

MOST 0F THESE GIRLS ARE AS GOOD AS SOME OF THE PARTNERS BOTH PAES AND BHUPATI HAVE.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Anil,

The mixed doubles events are now mainly limited to Grand Slam events and Asian Games. 2005 was the first year when an Indian female tennis player was assured of an entry in the Grand Slam event a few months before the main draw came out.

Mahesh and Leander probably had some good reasons for playing with other partners until this year:

- Leander and Mahesh could get seeded in MXD by playing with partners other than Sania and Shikha Uberoi.

- LP and MB felt that they could do better in 2005 with other partners. LP and MB are professional players and make a living by earning prize money, hence choosing a partner based on their chances to advance farther into the draw makes more sense than based on nationality/emotion.

The story may be different in 2006 when Sania and Shikha will have higher ranks, and these players may end up playing together in MXD for the Asian Games. A successful partnership in Asian Games may lead to pairing in Grand Slam events in the future.
puneets

Post by puneets »

Also, LP and MB's partner are better (presently) than Shikha and Uberoi..in terms of experience.
anil111

Post by anil111 »

It seems they have won enough and now are in twilight years of their tennis life. Exactly, mixed doubles in grand slam event are the ones they shoiuld give chance to some Indian Youngsters. After a year or 2 these young girls will rather play with some other and may be better looking players . :)
anil111

Post by anil111 »

PLAYING IN HARDER TOURNAMENTS

THERE OCMES A TIME WHEN A PLAYER HAS TO PLAY HARDER TOURNAMENTS THAN THE ONES WHERE THEY HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING BY PLAYING INFERIOR PLAYERS.

aig jAPAN OPEN IS TYPICAL EXAMPLE. MIRZA SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.

IF ONE CAN NOT TRY IN MINOR TOURNAMENTS THEN IT IS TOO LATE TO DO IT IN SLAMS.
gbelday

Post by gbelday »

LP and MB are professional players and make a living by earning prize money, hence choosing a partner based on their chances to advance farther into the draw makes more sense than based on nationality/emotion.
That was going to be my point. Thanks BSharma. We have to think of them as players playing for a living rather than someone who is interested in playing with players purely based on nationality/emotion. They are also not in it to do any favors to anyone at the expense of their game suffering!
completelyconked

Post by completelyconked »

puneets wrote:It seems that Murray is afraid of too much media covereage in the British press. After Henman's experience, he wants to stay away from the limelight.
Thats good.He's a promising player.The british media really messed up Henman.Lets hope they don't make the same mistake with Murray.

I read this article in the Times today,and the British press think that Murray is the next poster boy of world tennis :rofl: .As in global star,marketing bonanza ala Nadal,Gasquet,Roddick,Federer etc.Those guys have style.Murray doesn't :mrgreen:
completelyconked

anil111 wrote:PLAYING IN HARDER TOURNAMENTS

THERE OCMES A TIME WHEN A PLAYER HAS TO PLAY HARDER TOURNAMENTS THAN THE ONES WHERE THEY HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING BY PLAYING INFERIOR PLAYERS.

aig jAPAN OPEN IS TYPICAL EXAMPLE. MIRZA SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.

IF ONE CAN NOT TRY IN MINOR TOURNAMENTS THEN IT IS TOO LATE TO DO IT IN SLAMS.
I don't think so.She is doing the right thing in playing smaller tournaments.She is not nearly ready for the big players like davenport,mauresmo etc.Her serve isn't at any rate :rofl:

All the young players like Ivanovic,vaidisova etc concentrate on smaller tournaments to develop their game and gain confidence before training their sights on the big guns.You are being a bit impatient.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Sandeep, your buddy Roddick is in free fall.

We're all waiting for you to come out with one of your customary predictions like "we are soon going to witness the real flowering of my hero's talent, and a new era of greatness for him".
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

I have noticed that PKBasu, but he is not in freefall and all. It is because of the phenomenal rise of Nadal and his clay court victories that Roddick is relegated to 3rd. But yeah, he did badly than last year. I agree with you on that. Let us see in Masters where the best compete. I want a Nadal Vs Roddick match.
insideout
Authors
Authors

Post by insideout »

And about the early exits of Roddick in recent tournaments? ???
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Losing to Karlovic on a surface other than grass was truly a stunner.
completelyconked

PKBasu wrote:Sandeep, your buddy Roddick is in free fall.

We're all waiting for you to come out with one of your customary predictions like "we are soon going to witness the real flowering of my hero's talent, and a new era of greatness for him".
Lol.He better hurry up.He's a good player.It's just his misfortune that he happens to be playing in the 'federer era'.Any other era,and he would've won at least one wimbledon,despite his one-dimensional game. :)

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for gilbert,or some other super coach to hone roddick's latent talent,and turn him into the 'fed nemesis'.He just doesn't have what it takes.

I think Nadal is going to give even federer a lot of trouble in the coming years though.The boy is an absolute retrieving machine!!Doomsday for shot-makers.I can't stand his style,but i think nadal is the only one who could give federer a bit of trouble in the near future.Gasquet is still a few years away.
gvhvhg

Post by gvhvhg »

Wow! Nadal is simply amazing.

Sandeep--if your criticisms of Nadal on hardcourts didn't end after Montreal and Beijing, they should surely end now. What a phenomenal performance to come back from two sets to love down against Ljubicic on an extremely fast indoor surface. What more do you have to say??

Roddick has never won more than 6 tournaments in a year, Nadal has already won 11 this year!!!

Andy Roddick has won a total of three Masters Series Titles in his career---Nadal has won four this year alone!!!!! (Monte Carlo, Rome, Montreal and Madrid,) made the final of Miami, and didn't even play in Indian Wells or Hamburg. He is 29-2 in Masters Series events this year!!

Roddick is 11-7!!! Sounds like a world beater to me.... :rofl:
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

What a match ... Nadal survived 32 aces from Ljubicic ... And managed to break 16 matches winning streak of Ljubicic ... Now Rafael joined Roger Federer as a record-setting four-time ATP Masters Series winner in 2005 ... That means they both shared all eight Masters title inbetween them ... :notworthy:

Rafael Nadal bt Ivan Ljubicic 36 26 63 64 76(3)

Jaydeep.