PGA Qualifying Tournament 2006

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: PGA Qualifying Tournament 2006

Post by ajay »

Prem, good observance. So what you are telling is that only 4 players had a sub par round on TPC Course. I.e., Arjun was fifth best in his field. Arjun did really well yesterday. I wonder what made the course so tough at TPC - was it tough pin placing or was it bad weather. Sometimes luck plays a big part in golf and it may happen that conditions may not be as tough at TPC as it were yesterday. Hopefully, like yesterday Arjun will again play well and positions himself in top 10 at the end of the day.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Of course, the primary difference may be that it is a tougher course -- the slope rating should confirm that. 

It will be horribly unfair if they switch the pin placements when the players switch courses and I would expect they would not do that.  The weather is always an X-factor and could impact one course more than the other (I assume that both of these courses are in the same facility or at least in the same area).
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

I'm sure they won't change the pin location as it will be grossly unfair. My reasioning is same as you put it - the X-factor. One can not control the weather and its impact on the course.

Arjun has started his 2nd round and so far he has parred his first three holes. Waiting for his putter to get hot and see some birdies. Good luck Arjun.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Things not going well for Arjun as birides dried up while bogeys are still coming :(. Yesterday Arjun had 4 bogeys, today he already have 3 bogeys in the front nine. But yesterday he had fare share of bridies to turn in an even round. Unfortunately, today, the birdies are not coming. Hopefully, with the turn into back nine, he'll hit a golden patch to get his share of birdies.

For the record, he is +3 for today and tournament, T78. The leaders are at -4 and top 30 cutline is currently at 'even' par.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Arjun had a mediocre +2 round and is now T57..
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

I m hoping this is one of the bad round and he will recover in remaining 4 rounds to cemented his place in top 30 ... Go Arjun.

Jaydeep.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Arjun plays the same course (supposedly the better scoring course today in round 3)
Hope he has learned from yesterday and gets a solid round.
In these qualies, you have to have a 64-66 round in first four days to place yourself in contention.
Praying for Arjun to have that in round 3...........
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Arjun is -3 through 7 holes and is -1 for the tournament currently T44... He needs at least -7 or -8 today to finish in top 20
Prem

Post by Prem »

Unfortunately its not ARJUN'S day today. The course was playing real easy and there were birdies galore....but not a great day for Arjun. Just -2 after 17nand has slipped from T57 to T65. Tomorrow he plays at the tougher TPC and the only way to move up is to get a low round. Its possible...Thai Prayad Markasang had -4 in TPC today.
Korean Charlie Wi is doing well with -6 today to move into top 30. C'mon Arjun its only halfway....u can do it...
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

I think it has just not been Arjun's year... :(
Prem

Post by Prem »

Kumar wrote: I think it has just not been Arjun's year... :(
Fully Agree. Now Arjun has 3 days in 2006 to salvage....
Hope he clicks and plays better than the first 3 days.........
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yes he needs to bring his best in remaining rounds to give himself chance of finishing inside top 30 ... Currently top 30 cutline is 5 under.

Jaydeep.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Arjun Atwal is -2 after playing 14 holes today (3 birdies and one bogey).  Overall, he is at -2, with the leader at -14 and the 30th place at -5.  He will have two rounds left after today and will have to play as if there is no tomorrow in the final two rounds.  Golfers who have graduated at the bottom of the rank from Nationwide Tours are worried about getting enough opportunities to play on the PGA Tour next year because of the rule changes.  Arjun must qualify for 2007 PGA Tour via this tournament or else he will find it more difficult than the Nationwide Tour graduates to get into many PGA Tour tournaments with his conditional card (Rank 126-150 on the 2006 money list).

Go Arjun.  You can do it.
Prem

Post by Prem »

Good steady round by Arjun today on day 4.  :D
First round in 60's - a 3 under par 69.
It has moved him from T63 to T47....
Just 2 strokes short of making the cut in top 30.
SUNDAY should be the defining day and Arjun has to get going and score another low round in the 60's... as all the top 80 players will be playing on the easier Jack Nicklaus course and the scoring will be low and thus pushing the Top 30 cut to -8 by end of tomorrow... So Arjun will need a 5 under at the minimum. C'mon AA, give us a AAA  :wink: performance......
Last edited by Prem on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Arjun with three bogeys and a birdie is having a disastrous start :(

Edited: And a double bogey on par 3 8th (i think) ... with this Arjun is one over par and needs a miracle to make the tour... :(
Last edited by Kumar on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.