All about SR Tendulkar

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

harshfan

Sachin Tendulkar - time for the great man to call it a day?

Post by harshfan »

some of you who think sachin should be dropped are out of your mind. His sheer presence makes the team do better. Look at how terribly we did the months he was out. He is indispensable. Greg Chappell, who was appointed coach for some of you who seem to be so keen to drop him, recentl said Sachin's experience and presence makes him an invaulable asset to the team. So lets let the coach, who has a great cricketing mind, the captain who is equally keen, and the selectors make up their mind - and have the arm chair tennis analysts stop making ridiculous statements.

If he was a liability in the field and a negative influence on the team then their might be some ground to questioning his form once in a while,but since he is neither I think you should just sit back and enjoy us winning while he is around
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

For all those who were sleeping ("PKB :)") when asked before the series what they thought of the Dhoni threat, the SA captain and coach replied that Sachin was the main guy and they wanted him out above all else. When the opposition thinks that, internationally proven cricket minds them, I don't even know why there is a thread here to discuss whether Sachin should call it a day. Ridiculous is not the word.
India1989
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by India1989 »

Only thing I could say that you guys are obessed with Sachin. Sourav made this team. Before Sourav was the captain Indian team didn't perform well even with whatever you think of that Sachin to be in the team. Main thing.

This is the main thesis of the whole thing or main and most important point of Indian cricket.

What Indian cricket is now is only because of the masterpiece Sourav Ganguly (The Prince of Kolkata).
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

who are you kidding ???? Clearly you are obssessed with Saurav and not the contrary. BCCI has done a great service to rid India of Saurav when he was a liability. At one point he was a good captain but he is well past his prime. While our record under him was decent, it wasn't great.Granted we reached the WC finals (thanks to Sachin),won Natwest (thanks to Yuvi and Kaif in finals). But our one day record overall under Saurav wasn't great.We lost more than half the games with him as captain against proper cricket playing nations. You can't deny this. Please look up our ODI record if you doubt this.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Well Soumo, no one forced us to be obsessed with Sachin! The man earned it.

Ofcourse, Sourav is equally great. He was a great batsman. It is the combination of Ganguly/Sachin/Dravid which made the team great. I would attribute major share of success to Ganguly but then he couldn't have done tht without the help of Sachin and Dravid.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

and furthermore who cares if Saurav "made" this team (which I don't agree with in the first place) - if he can't contribute anymore he should have had the dignity to leave on his own, but he didn't so the selectors were forced to take their and ive the prince of calcutta a kick up his back side to boot him out of the team
India1989

Post by India1989 »

That's the kind of post I like. Nottingnew's post. THe combined man. Not someone who is criticizing Sourav. I can come up with whatever I want to but I don't cause I am short tempered and I would get myself banned.

Anyways read the omisision section. And before saying anything stupid about Ganguly remember that in the most ducks section in cricket records Sachin is present and not Ganguly. DOn't come to argue with me about Ganguly. I am obessed with him cause many people like you don't support him. So he gets mine support.

I would counter any arguement given by you.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

i wouldn't go so far as giving a major share of the credit to saurav .... he deserves some credit .... agreed ..... but a major share I don't know about that. I think major credit would go to dravid, sachin, sewhad, bhajji and kumble. Suarav gets some credit for being captain and standing up to Steve Waugh and picking youngsters etc. But when did he ever score a run in a test match when it mattered ?? I can only think of the Brisbane match where he scored a classy 100. Great knock. But apart from that can't remember one innings of note going back to his series in England when he did a good job when recalled. Many memorable one day innings i agree - not many of late though - but in tests he had become quite hopeless
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Everybody gave success to India in a equal way. Had Sourav not made the strategies nothing would have happened. Don't forget that Sourav gave up the opening position were he scored lots of centuries for other players to get better in ODI.

Sourav sacrificed everything. He got the fine, gave up the batting position and brought in many new players.

He deserves more respect then he is getting now.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

so who really cares if someone gets out for a duck the most times ... ? any sensible person would note that scoring 1 run is not much difference than scoring a duck. your arguments is not a good one my friend.

I am not obsessed with Sachin - and neither am I not a supporter of Saurav. He was good at his peak. But, now he isn't good and he got the boot deservedly ..... while some may not be happy with that, Indian cricket is moving forward in most people's minds.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

yes, saurav was a good opening bat. I give you that.

But what did he sacrifice by giving it up ??? If anything if I was a bowler I would rather bowlto Saurav with the new ball when he was not at his peak than to Sehwag at his peak

You keeping speaking of Saurav's past performance - yes they were good for a while.But now is the present and not the past - he is over, finished, completed, done, dropped, no more .... you have to come to terms with that
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Yeah Indian cricket is moving forward but who's responsible for this. Its me. Just joking.

It is the whole Indian team including Sourav. No one can forget his contribution. Oh yes on second thought, people who hates him can forget his contribution who doesn't come to people's help when they need it.

I am sure when he was doing good all his criticizers were like oh my god he's the best.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Oh ok. You want present performance. Lets look at Sachin's present performance. What did he do. some 93 and 70 and after that in 5 matches. What did he scored "anda". Actually not anda but few runs which even Sourav had scored but infact in the last test match he scored a century.
harshfan

Post by harshfan »

Time to move on my friend.

He has more chance of making it back to the one day side with greg chappel as coach than it snowing in madras tomorrow for the match.
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Lets see what he does in this series. Then we decide whether Sachin is in same position as Ganguly or not. Not in one match but after seeing in this whole series. ok mate.