2006 EPGA Tour Season Ending Trn. - Volvo Masters- Jeev WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coverage of Indian players in USPGA , EPGA, Nationwide tour and Womens tour events

Moderator: Moderators

BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

2006 EPGA Tour Season Ending Trn. - Volvo Masters- Jeev WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by BSharma »

The 2006 European PGA Tour starts next week with a tournament in China that is co-sanctioned by Asian Tour, and Tours of Australia and South Africa.

Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Padraig Harington, Michael Campbell, Colin Montgomerie, KJ Choi, etc will be joined by Arjun Atwal (category 4) and Jyoti Randhawa (category 3), based on the entry list posted at EPGA.
Last edited by ajay on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Re: 2006 EPGA Tour - HSBC Champions Tournament, China

Post by ajay »

BSharma wrote:The 2006 European PGA Tour starts next week with a tournament in China that is co-sanctioned by Asian Tour, and Tours of Australia and South Africa.

Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Padraig Harington, Michael Campbell, Colin Montgomerie, KJ Choi, etc will be joined by Arjun Atwal (category 4) and Jyoti Randhawa (category 3), based on the entry list posted at EPGA.
Jyoti Randhawa (category 3: Winners from all Main Tour sanctioned Order of Merit/Money List Tournaments of Asian Tour,PGA Tour of Australasia,Sunshine Tour (Summer Swing only) and European Tour between 08/11/2004 and 07/11/2005)

Arjun Atwal (category 4: 8 Invitations)

Although co-santioned with Asian toue, the money earned in this tournament won't count towards Asian Order of Merit
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

2006 EPGA Tour: European Open - Jyoti Randhawa/Jeev Milkha S

Post by ajay »

Arjun Atwal had a practice round with Tiger. And according to him, there is a lot to learn from Tiger.
"I met Tiger a few weeks ago in Orlando and he mentioned that he was coming here for the HSBC and we made plans to tee it up for practice. I've played a couple of times with him in Orlando but it's the first time that I've had the opportunity to do so at a tournament. It was fun but it's all negative for me as you can never beat him!

"He's got the whole package, the strength, the short game. It does motivate everyone on Tour including myself to try to match him and I'm planning to join Tiger's club in Isle Worth next year so that I can see what he does, how he manages his game and stuff like that. I've got to know him a bit better and he's really funny guy."
India1989

Post by India1989 »

Vijai Singh plays for Fiji right. Anyways I wish best of luck to Vijai Singh. I hope you come victorious.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Vijay Singh plays for Fiji.

Tee times R1

09:20 WIRATCHANT, Thaworn; MCGINLEY, Paul; SINGH, Vijay
09:50 FASTH, Niclas; O'MALLEY, Peter; ATWAL, Arjun
10:30 GREEN, Richard; RANDHAWA, Jyoti; DREDGE, Bradley
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Selective scores from R1:

T1 Peter O'MALLEY 64 (-8)
T1 Paul LAWRIE 64
T1 Nick DOUGHERTY 64
T4 Tiger WOODS 65 (-7)
T4 KJ Choi 65
T10 Vijay SINGH 67 (-5)
T22 Arjun ATWAL 69 (-3)
T53 Jyoti RANDHAWA 73 (+1)

74 golfers were in the field and one has dropped out.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Arjun has a decent start, but missed an opportunity for a great start.

Quoting Arjun
I am not complaining but I should have had birdies on each of the last four holes from sixth to ninth.
Jyoti unfortunately had to play in rain in the closing hole, resulting in couple of bogeys. Hopefully, he'll recover in the 2nd round.
Jyoti Randhawa, who will defend his Volvo Masters of Asia title next month, bogeyed his last two holes and finished 73 to be tied 51 st after being caught in severe rain over the last five holes.
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

ajay wrote: Jyoti unfortunately had to play in rain in the closing hole, resulting in couple of bogeys. Hopefully, he'll recover in the 2nd round.
Jyoti listened to you and promptly recovered to post -4 through 15 holes (-3 for the tournament)...His score card reads eagle, 3 birdies and a bogey.. With a par 5 finishing hole and another hole which he birdied yesterday, has a chance to end 2nd round at -5..

Arjun with -2 today is -5 after two rounds (4 birdies and 2 bogeys)..

VJ (-5) is having an ordinary round 'E' through 11 holes (one birdie and one bogey) while Tiger (-8) is -1 through 11 holes...

Edited:
VJ birdies the par 4 13th and a par 5 coming up.. Jyoti is still -4 (-3 for tournament) after 17 holes and par 5 coming up.. Go jyoti..
Kumar
Authors
Authors

Post by Kumar »

Looks like Jyoti bogeyed the last hole :damn: and is now -2 for the tournament.. Hopefully he can get hot tomorrow...

VJ with -3 finished at -8 and is still 2 behind Tiger and 4 behind leaders

Go Jyoti VJ Arjun!!! :goodluck:
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Arjun(-5) and Jyoti (-2) are tied 19th and 33rd respectively. Arjun had 1 2nd round of 2 under par with 4 birdies and 2 bogeys, while Jyoti was one stroke better with 4 birdies and a last hole bogey on a par 5 hole :damn: So second time in a row Jyoti closed out with a bogey. That must have left a little bitter aftertaste.

Vijay maintained his T10 position from 1st day. He also had a share of 2 bogeys, but 5 birdies including a birdey on the last hole ensure that he is still in contention with -8, 4 strokes behind the leaders
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Arjun played superb 4 under round and finished in top 15 in HSBC Champions Tournament, China ... Jyoti managed par round to finished off on T45th position ... Arjun and Jyoti managed to win USD 81,000 and USD 25,300 respectively.

"Cool Dude" David Howell won the title by convincing three strokes over Tiger.

Atwal finishes tied 12th

Jaydeep.
arjun2761

Post by arjun2761 »

Arjun Atwal has now been playing some really solid golf for the last year -- easily top 50 level. The world rankings seem to change very slowly so it will be a little while before the rankings do justice to his performance this year.
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Next tournament for European tour is Volvo China Open, jointly sanctioned with Asian Tour. The Indians participating in this tournament are:

Jyoti Randhawa
Shiv Kapur
Rahil Gangjee
Amandeep Johl
Harmeet Kahlon
Gaurav Ghei
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

Has shiv Kapur previously played in a co sanctioned event with the European tour???...if he has, how has he performed previously..would be really interested to see how he goes in this one!!
Sridhar
*sridinats*

Post by *sridinats* »

The asian tour website does have a few wonderful things to say about Shiv Kapur in their tournament preview of the Volvo open!!

Volvo Open Preview

Sridhar